Dealership advertisement on your vehicle.

PMattras

When I purchase a vehicle from a dealership, I tell the dealership not to put their name either through a sticker, tire cover or license plate cover etc.on my vehicle. If something is put on, I have them remove everything immediately prior to me leaving the dealership. Sometimes the dealers do it while you are getting the paper work completed or exchanging the money over. I get mad when dealerships automatically do this without the owner's permission. The worst part of this, I see a lot of vehicles on the roads with the dealership's advertisement on it. I also saw a person complain to the dealership they didn't put their sticker on their vehicle.

Why do new owners allow dealerships to do this and ride with their sticker etc. for the life of use of their vehicle? Is it because of the license plate cover (worth nothing is free) after spending big money on the purchase of the new vehicle? Is it a badge to tell where your purchase the vehicle like a status symbol? Why do people want to do "free advertisement" for this dealership and get nothing in return? I just don't understand it.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe the average person doesn't really care if it's there and maybe doesn't even notice it is there. It probably isn't a big deal to most people. They probably don't rip the Whirlpool emblem off of their washing machine either.

Well thats not a good comparison. He's not taking the Chevy decals off, but I don't like it either. I don't get mad, but I'll take it/them off the second the vehicles home.

Told my dealer unless they wanted to pay me monthly to advertise for them they could leave off the decals...never gave me a hard time at all.

I have a friend that will never buy a car off the lot. He always orders his cars. The dealers tell him that they can get the car he wants local from another dealer but he won't take it. It has to be ordered. And he tells the dealers that when the car comes off the truck that it is to be taken to the back of the lot. And no one is to touch it. He doesn't want it prepped cleaned or anything. He does all that himself. He is so meticulous that he is obsessive. If you look at his cars you can't touch the paint. If you open the doors you use the door handles to open and close. Don't touch any other part of the door to close it. He doesn't want anyone to touch his cars. A lot of the dealer tell him that they have to prep the car. He tells them if that is the case then he doesn't want the car and walks out. Most of the dealer do what he wants. He use to buy one or two new cars a year. He would drive them and put a few miles on them. Then sells them usually for more than he paid. And always had people waiting to buy one of his cars.

With all the vehicles I've owned, if they already had a sticker I'd leave it on. One time I actually had to sign a paper staying that it was ok with me to leave it there. I haven't had any of the stickers taken off since I don't want to chance the person taking it off screwing up my paint job. My current truck had a plastic emblem type "advertisement" and it was all kinds of worn out so for the first time it was removed. Only thing is I removed it. Still see an outline but it's a 15 year old truck so I probably won't ever get to cleaning that remainder off. One day I plan to repaint the truck so it'll get covered then.

If I ever order a car I will tell them to put it on the window. (Ill take it off myself and they can be happy they got it on :D )

I wonder why you let dealerships put it on when you are going to take it off. It is "your vehicle" and if you don't want their tramp stamp, just tell them not to put it on or have them take it off immediately. If there is any damage while they take it off, it would be their (dealership) cost to fix it. Why should you have to remove it anyways? It is not OEM equipment. I don't understand why people are afraid to speak up after spending so much money for a vehicle. Would you allow someone on the street just put anything they like on your vehicle? The dealerships have no right to put their name on your vehicle without asking you first. If this is the so call "average person" I find sorry for them for not being able to speak up about their property. The dealerships know there are so many push overs to do whatever they want to do. When I tell them I don't want it, they listen and never give me a hard time.

If I am happy with the dealer, salesperson, etc I don't mind advertising where I bought my vehicle. BUT..... NO STICKERS!!!! I will only allow a license plate trim ring to advertise....

The trim ring usually only last until the first time I need to put the new sticker on the plate at renewal time. Gone at that point so it's only limited advertisement! Lol

Neither of my Vehicles have any dealer advertisement on them, haven't bought one in a while that had anything but a plate frame on it..

The first thing I do when I get home with a new vehicle is get the heat gun out and remove their decal they put on the rear of wtruck/car.

I will not buy a vehicle with their dealership front license plate installed under any circumstances. Won't even purchase a vehicle with just the front plate frame installed. Once it's installed, there are holes in the vehicle forever and it looks like crap.

Luckily, PA does not issue or require a front plate. Really stinks for you guys who must have them, it really takes away from the appearance of the vehicle IMO.

After paying thousands of dollars for a vehicle, there's no way I am advertising free of charge for the stealership as I drive around. If they want to advertise on a vehicle I paid for, they can pay me. Anything less and the decal comes off.

Most dealerships in my area have their logo and name plastered on every vehicle on the lot.

Sent from my crappy iPhone 6

using Tapatalk

Archived