Hi All,

New to the forum. Look forward to future discussion.

I purchased a 2014 High Country yesterday. I've synced my iPhone 6 to MyLink and can use the truck's bluetooth compatibility for phone calls just fine. The issue arises when I want to play music. I have no songs on iTunes. All of my music is on Spotify. The only option MyLink gives me in terms of listening to music is accessing my phone's iPod library (which doesn't exist). If I could play my Spotify music via the bluetooth connection or the USB cable I'd be totally happy. Please help!

With the iPhone you have to use the USB cable to control the functions of Spotify.

It works by plugging in the cable, pressing the media button until your iPhone shows up on your Mylink then launch Spotify using your iPhone.

Unfortunately, you have to use the iPhone to control it fully. You can skip forward or back with the head unit but that's it but you have to launch the app from your phone 1st.

You do get the metadata pass thru so all of the album art and song information shows up on your head unit.

With the iPhone you have to use the USB cable to control the functions of Spotify.

It works by plugging in the cable, pressing the media button until your iPhone shows up on your Mylink then launch Spotify using your iPhone.

Unfortunately, you have to use the iPhone to control it fully. You can skip forward or back with the head unit but that's it but you have to launch the app from your phone 1st.

You do get the metadata pass thru so all of the album art and song information shows up on your head unit.

While this may be true, I always use Spotify and my iPhone on bluetooth. I just select the playlist with my phone, it starts playing and then I can skip tracks with the mylink/intellilink controls no problem. The meta data is displayed on the screen too.

While this may be true, I always use Spotify and my iPhone on bluetooth. I just select the playlist with my phone, it starts playing and then I can skip tracks with the mylink/intellilink controls no problem. The meta data is displayed on the screen too.

Cool. My iPhone is always connected in the truck as a hotspot / media streaming device as I have two phones. Never tried Bluetooth connection on it. Just on my Android phone.

I too use Spotify via Bluetooth in my 14 Sierra SLE with no issues other than glitches from time to time where it may not connect. Controls from my wheel works as well.

Yotaman

With the latest update of iOS (which supports Apple Music), I can no longer play anything but stuff in Apple Music through USB. When I go to open Spotify and play a track, it will play for about 3 seconds and then start playing the first track in Apple Music.

It works fine in Bluetooth, but now I can't use the USB port to charge my phone and listen to Spotify now...

I used to really enjoy Apple products, but this is ridiculous.

I really hope theres an update to MyLink when I take the truck in for service.

With the latest update of iOS (which supports Apple Music), I can no longer play anything but stuff in Apple Music through USB. When I go to open Spotify and play a track, it will play for about 3 seconds and then start playing the first track in Apple Music.

It works fine in Bluetooth, but now I can't use the USB port to charge my phone and listen to Spotify now...

I used to really enjoy Apple products, but this is ridiculous.

I really hope theres an update to MyLink when I take the truck in for service.

I don't use the USB ports in the truck to charge, I feel like they don't put out.

For folks complaining that Spotify isn't working I found a fix. My iPhone 6+ just stopped working after I wiped all the music off of it as I just wanted to use it for Spotify. The radio would display the name of the iPhone but when I'd open Spotify and start playing a song or playlist, it would show as playing on the phone but no audio or metadata was coming through the radio. I was sure to try turning up the audio level on the phone but that didn't make a difference. Here's what I found...you need to have at least one song in the "Music" app (loaded through iTunes) in order for any audio to come out of the iPhone via USB. This is a change in iOS 8.4 so thank Apple for these issues. Now, when I press "Media" on the radio to select the iPhone, the one song I loaded onto the phone (Sing by Ed Sheeran) starts to play. I then pause the song, open Spotify, select a playlist there, and it plays every single time. I didn't try Bluetooth because I'd prefer to leave the iPhone plugged in through the center console. I only use it for streaming music and hotspot in the truck. I use an Android for my primary phone for calls, texts, and Bluetooth stuff in the truck. Hope this helps, it worked for me this AM when I tested it!

• Like 1

That's interesting, because mine charges must faster than if I use the 110v and regular apple charger...

Hes talking about the usb ports. not the 110v outlet. The usb ports are low voltage and wont charge very fast.

I use a cigarette lighter USB dongle to charge when in the truck.

• 3 weeks later...

For folks complaining that Spotify isn't working I found a fix. My iPhone 6+ just stopped working after I wiped all the music off of it as I just wanted to use it for Spotify. The radio would display the name of the iPhone but when I'd open Spotify and start playing a song or playlist, it would show as playing on the phone but no audio or metadata was coming through the radio. I was sure to try turning up the audio level on the phone but that didn't make a difference. Here's what I found...you need to have at least one song in the "Music" app (loaded through iTunes) in order for any audio to come out of the iPhone via USB. This is a change in iOS 8.4 so thank Apple for these issues. Now, when I press "Media" on the radio to select the iPhone, the one song I loaded onto the phone (Sing by Ed Sheeran) starts to play. I then pause the song, open Spotify, select a playlist there, and it plays every single time. I didn't try Bluetooth because I'd prefer to leave the iPhone plugged in through the center console. I only use it for streaming music and hotspot in the truck. I use an Android for my primary phone for calls, texts, and Bluetooth stuff in the truck. Hope this helps, it worked for me this AM when I tested it!

I registered an account just to say that this solution worked for me. I recently picked up a 2014 Terrain and I've been struggling to get Spotify working via Bluetooth or USB for 2 days now. I'm normally very tech-inclined, but I could not for the life of me figure it out. Once I put a single track into the Music app on my iPhone 6, it popped right on and switching over to Spotify without even pausing the song made Spotify play instantly. Annoying bug, but clever workaround. Thanks!

I registered an account just to say that this solution worked for me. I recently picked up a 2014 Terrain and I've been struggling to get Spotify working via Bluetooth or USB for 2 days now. I'm normally very tech-inclined, but I could not for the life of me figure it out. Once I put a single track into the Music app on my iPhone 6, it popped right on and switching over to Spotify without even pausing the song made Spotify play instantly. Annoying bug, but clever workaround. Thanks!

Glad I could help!

I wish this worked for me... :(

Interestingly enough, the wife's 2014 Equinox has ZERO issues with playback.

• 2 years later...

As for iPhone audio, the trouble to me is about how to play iPhone audio on Android phone without DRM protection. We know all purchased or rented iTunes audios like Apple music, audiobook, etc are combined with fairplay DRM protection, it can be played on Apple devices only. If you really wan to play these audios or stream it to other devices, you may have to use a tool to remove DRM protection at first. iTunes DRM Audio Converter is such a program that designed for all iTunes users to get rip of DRM protection and convert audios from M4P to MP3, AAC, etc at faster speed with lossless quality. After conversion, it will be much easier for us to enjoy all iTunes audios on any devices without limitation. CLICK HERE to learn its detail functions. 

On 6/7/2018 at 6:42 AM, Mikssa said:

As for iPhone audio, the trouble to me is about how to play iPhone audio on Android phone without DRM protection. We know all purchased or rented iTunes audios like Apple music, audiobook, etc are combined with fairplay DRM protection, it can be played on Apple devices only. If you really wan to play these audios or stream it to other devices, you may have to use a tool to remove DRM protection at first. iTunes DRM Audio Converter is such a program that designed for all iTunes users to get rip of DRM protection and convert audios from M4P to MP3, AAC, etc at faster speed with lossless quality. After conversion, it will be much easier for us to enjoy all iTunes audios on any devices without limitation. CLICK HERE to learn its detail functions. 

What is your affiliation with the company of the converter you recommended? You only have two posts and both those posts are external links to software. Do you even own a GM truck?

Edited by ChristopherDB