2wd Crew Cab vs 4wd Double Cab

lsxrx7

Local dealer is selling both for roughly the same price

I cant decide which one to get.

I will need to put in a baby seat in the back, I don't *think* it'd be to cramped on the back in a double but I am not 100%

I don't really need 4wd (living in FL), its nice to have ... if i have to tow a boat on the ramp every once a year maybe.

I *might* travel up north up to twice a year where it snows.

opinion ?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the space of my Crew. I get compliments all the time from Adult passengers saying how much room there is. I couldn't picture having any less room, especially with a car seat back there.

I know a lot of people have no issues with a Double Cab and car seats though. However, if you plan on having any Adults in back, CC is the way to go.

I need 4wd here in MN though, so I would be SOL if I was in your shoes on those 2 deals. I would look for a CC 4wd.

I intentionally bought a 4WD Double Cab, as I need 4WD, I have no kids/teens/adults to drive around in the back seat, and I wanted the 6 1/2' bed without extending the length of the truck with a Crew Cab. I park my truck in the garage. The Double Cab definitely has a smaller back seat, but people under 5'10" seem to fit fine. Getting a 2WD in Florida is probably OK, but I only believe in 4WD and AWD vehicles. Even if I didn't live in a snow region, I think trucks should have 4WD.

The double cab will likely work for your application (but if you are seriously considering it, bring the baby seat along and verify yourself). But the crew cab will undoubtedly give you a ton of room and room to grow. But if you are one of those who get a new vehicle every few years, don't worry about the growth then.

Everyone's needs differ. If I lived in Florida I wouldn't worry about 4wd. I live in Colorado and have only used the Auto feature a few times. I'd test both trucks with your kid seat to see how it works in each. If you are a bigger person the extra room in the CC is almost a necessity. If you and your wife are smaller folks and you don't haul larger people long distances in the back seat a DC might work fine. There is more legroom in the back if the driver has his seat farther forward. The DC is fine for kids under 5 ft. unless the driver has his seat all the way back. Test drive and consider you unique situation. Of course a CC 4WD will give you the best of all worlds, unless you need a 6 1/2' bed and want to put the truck in a short garage. It's all about your needs not ours.

Local dealer is selling both for roughly the same price

I cant decide which one to get.

I will need to put in a baby seat in the back, I don't *think* it'd be to cramped on the back in a double but I am not 100%

I don't really need 4wd (living in FL), its nice to have ... if i have to tow a boat on the ramp every once a year maybe.

I *might* travel up north up to twice a year where it snows.

opinion ?

I went from a 04 Sierra Denali extended cab to my 15 denali crew cab. Not sure how much bigger the double cab is vs the old extended cab but the crew cab is well worth it. Having kids kick your seat is the worst haha and as others have mentioned it is a lot better for rear passengers. Also might just be me but the crew cab just seems nicer and is better for a family ride.

While I don't think there are many people who "need" 4wd, I live in seattle and every time we get a good rain I put it in auto and expect to do the same with the cold/ice. I also put it in auto when I pull my boat out of the water. Def don't do any mudding or mountain climbing in my 50k truck but I think the 4wd is worth the upgrade. esp when you go to sell the truck

A baby seat does not play nice with the double cab. I've only had to put it back there once but it was a pain and room was lacking. It's fine for kids though and I so rarely have anyone with me at all I chose the extra bed length and saving money .... and of course 4x4 because truck lol.

Archived