17 hours ago, THD said:

Joining the conversation

fast foward it's 2021. I bought a 2017 Chevy suburban also with Magnetic ride control. The ride is the worst, feel every bump rides like a school bus. Took it to the dealer they said the right front shock is leaking and needs replacement but well see what GM will assist. The car has 70,000mi

and is out of warranty. Obviously to me a defective  part. Guess what, GM will contribute 10% or about $84. What a laugh.

i argued and argued making my case. You see, i still have my 03 Suburban,  never replaced such an integral part (the shocks)

with now almost 300,000.

i bought this car from out of town 

My advice test drive and try it before you buy it. I would not have bought this car

school bus riding SUV. 
more advice, step away from GM.

they will not stand by their products

this situation is not maintenance, its premature integral part failure and you will pay for it.

Its their design

oh, and once that shock is replaced, how long till one of the other 3 go?

RECALL RECALL RECALL    GM

demand that GM recalls these defective 

shocks 

TD

LMAO.  Its out of warranty by A LOT on mileage.  The shocks are under the 3/36.  

Get a new shock or delete them and bypass it and move on with your day.  They won't recall them as they don't affect the safety of the vehicle.    

On 5/6/2021 at 8:54 PM, THD said:

i argued and argued making my case. You see, i still have my 03 Suburban,  never replaced such an integral part (the shocks)

with now almost 300,000.

Shocks are not designed to last 300k miles. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Joining the club here, 18 Denali just under 100,000 miles with a failed suspension.  And not sure if this is the exact moment it failed but I drove a short hour trip on the highway only to start hearing the noise when I reached town.  Didn't hit any potholes or curbs, just the start of the clunk clunk that let's you know your suspension is shot.  Felt every bump since.  Drove my husbands 2001 F150 over the same bumps in our neighborhood and was shocked at how much better that truck handled them.  We are replacing with non magnetic struts ($800) as we can't swallow the expense for all 4 to be replaced at over $3000!

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I have driven Suburbans for over 25 yrs and loved them until we purchased one with the magnetic ride system. When these shocks went out one by one after about 60k miles, We were furious at the price tag to replace them and the lack of coverage on them- what did they know ?????? There’s a reason they weren’t covered. Because they’re crap. I will never ever purchase another suburban again until this ‘system’ is chucked into the trash.

• Like 1