On 3/13/2017 at 11:42 AM, rjm said:

Same here with my '16 Escalade Platinum. To put it bluntly, it rides like SH!T.

I can feel every, pit, pebble, ripple, etc. in the pavement. I also have the "Chevy Shakes" at all speeds which darn near makes the vehicle undrivable. At least they fixed the buffetting/booming.

Counting the days until my lease expires.

I have a sierra slt with 20’s, and I had a sierra denali loaner with 22’s and mag ride

The mag ride was exactly like that, you could feel everything.

but when you hit a pot hole, my god the mag ride does so much better than the standard suspension. Just an fyi on the brighter side of mag ride

My left rear shock is seized up according to the dealership.  It feels like I'm driving a low-rider, feeling every crack in the road.  I was quoted $1700 to replace the rear Z95 shocks on my Denali.  This started with just over 50k on it, outside of warranty.  Rockauto has the best price of OEM shocks, and I found 580-1068, and 580-1106 both cross to GM #23151122 for this turd, yet the 580-1106 is just under $300/each.  Still, I bet if I replace both, I'll have to replace the fronts also because the suspension in these magneride vehicles is trash.

On 10/8/2017 at 9:49 AM, Burbman said:

I have the magnetic ride control on my 01 Suburban. It rode great for the first 125k miles until the shocks started leaking.

Not in a 2001, it was first used in a 2002½ Cadillac STS and not until 2015 and only in the Suburban LTZ.

• Chevrolet Suburban
    • Standard from 2015 model year on LTZ
  • Chevrolet Tahoe
    • Standard from 2015 model year on LTZ
  • GMC Sierra
    • Denali trim
  • GMC Yukon
    • All 4 corners on Denali trim
    • Only on rear on SLT trim

Source:  GM

Btw, There was a rattling sound in the front of my 2015 Sierra Denali.  Dealer said it was bad strut bumpers so they ordered new ones. When taking the front struts apart, they found this;

magnarryde2_zpsybla1ccj.jpg

Edited by elcamino

YES in a 2001. Autoride was rear load leveling with air shocks in the 1500 Suburban. ALL 2500 Suburbans with the 8.1L engine got magnetic ride control still branded as Autoride.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have a mid-2015 Yukon Denali which is an early production truck for the 8-speed transmission. Have had problems with the transmission since day 1 - whining noise, bad shifts at low accelerator input, bad downshifts, etc... Terrible performance.

I have also had front suspenion issues that have required numerous parts to be replaced some 3 or 4 times already by the dealer while I was under warranty. They have replaced struts 3x, bushings 2x, re-torqued everything several times, found bad strut tower brackets, replaced the steering column 2x, etc...

Not to mention that my radio does all sorts of strange things like blacks out, sometimes get frozen on a incoming call, etc...

I recently discovered Max @ Xineering.com. He makes a plug-n-play resistor kit to delete either the front Z95 magnetic ride system or to delete the front magnaride + the rear air suspension.

Am planning to order his kit this week and install normal mechanical coil over front suspenion with normal shocks on the rear.

I am done with the issues with this suspension on my truck. This is by far the worst GM truck I have ever had. I will likely not by GM any more. I am now out of warranty with 43k miles and I am told too bad, you need to pay for repairs. GM offered me $6,500 as a settlement but it hardly compares to having a $74k truck that works the way it should....

You should have looked at the Lemon Law in your state and hired a Lemon Law attorney in your area who gets paid as part of the settlement with no out of pocket expense to you in most states. That"s what I had to do with my 2015 Tahoe and got all my money back plus the GM accessories that I had installed minus a small amount for mileage. The area GM rep tried to give me $2500.00 trade assistance, needless to say I declined.

• 2 months later...
On 3/10/2017 at 7:42 PM, seamus2154 said:

I have the mag ride in my Denali and find it to the worst ride of any truck I have owned. Too hard no advantage to it as I can see. I hate it. I am currently looking for a better and softer spring and strut set up. Researching Fox and plan on calling their tech line this week. I would not fix these shocks for 1800 dollars. There are much better riding shocks and struts on the market.

I have a 2016 yukon Denali, I hate the way it rides, stiff and feel every little crack on the road, all I did just unplugged the suspensions and ride so much better, it actually solved my vibration problem too. Too sad GM doesn’t have an update for MRC module yet, if u don’t like the message on your dash just buy resistors from eBay or amazon and put them the wires. Good to go for life, whenever your shocks goes bad next time buy regular shocks. 

3 hours ago, Amir said:

I have a 2016 yukon Denali, I hate the way it rides, stiff and feel every little crack on the road, all I did just unplugged the suspensions and ride so much better, it actually solved my vibration problem too. Too sad GM doesn’t have an update for MRC module yet, if u don’t like the message on your dash just buy resistors from eBay or amazon and put them the wires. Good to go for life, whenever your shocks goes bad next time buy regular shocks. 

I had reached my limit with various issues and warranties on my 2015. I traded into a 2017 Denali and have to admit it is improved. At first it was also tight but not as bad as the '15. It's more compliant. Well to my surprise after several months it actually broke in a bit and got even a little better. Took a while as Florida is pretty flat and no potholes. It's not a plush ride but much better than my'15. I have a corvette Zo7 with Mag ride and removed the shocks and springs on that for coil overs. I also used the resistors which worked well. I will do the same if I still own the Denali when a shock goes out of warranty.  The '15 even had a TSB regarding a rough ride as it was a major complaint in 2015. But me not being the first buyer and it being 2 years later they gave me nothing but resistance about addressing it. 

Edited by seamus2154

• 1 year later...
On 10/15/2019 at 6:00 PM, Christine Horand Hertling said:

I also have a 2015 LTZ with both front struts leaking.. at 49,000 miles  ive logged a complaint with NHTSA  888-327-4236 I think we all need to log a complaint. This shouldnt be !!

Just replaced both rear shock on our 2016 Tahoe LTZ, $1700.00 out of pocket. 55000 miles.

Let me know if you get something going, I have my receipts.

Welcome to the site, wish your intro could have been under better circumstances. 

Edited by JimCost2014

Arnott Industry shocks out of florida - I've been dealing with them for almost 20 years and they are great to work with.  The have the fancy Cadillac, Denali etc, remanufacters and new shocks and the beat the dealers by a mile ( a fraction of the cost).  I know that they are working on the magnetic ride shock solution and will hopefully have something soon.  Talked to Robert in their tech support department.  

Although they no longer sell direct and sell only through Parts jobbers and online resources, but they will answer your technical questions. 

I just replaced the compressor, rear air shocks and front strut assembly with shock on 2011 Chev Suburban LTZ and it rides like new.