2017 sierra A/T crew cab I have the most annoying tick noise over bumps, coming from the b pillar behind my left ear and it is driving me brick house, I've pulled at the trim off put my hands on everything made sure everything is tight, stuff rags in between contact points, I've run out of ideas, anyone have an guidance for me, I'm a ex gm technician of 5 years , I know what I'm doing but of course my own truck baffles me..per usual any new bulletins or tsbs?

I have the exact same issue. Faint ticking noise but annoying as hell. 2017 Sierra crew Cab all-terrain. Sounds like it is originating from the base of the driver side B pillar. Have also had all my interior trim pulled apart after the dealer found nothing. Very frustrating. Let me know if you find a solution. I thought it could be the factory assist steps. But I checked and everything is buttoned up tight down below. Im out of ideas.

I'm literally in the process right now of contuining to diag it, ive been chasing it since 330 today, not the windows, not the roof moldings, not the contact, not the striker, not the belts or seatbelt guides/ adjuster, I stuffed rags in between anything I thought it could be , I'm currently driving around with the trim off trying to find it, my only thought is the inner structure welds are broken, because I'm at a loss of things it could be, really irritating at this point

Edited by sierra1412

Yup. Sounds identical to mine. I believe I was able to dupicate the sound by having my buddy work the rear driver door while I was laying underneath the truck. Not closing it all the way or coming in contact with the latch. Just working it back and forth on the hinges. While laying underneath it sounded like the tick was coming from the base of the B pillar area. And as you mentioned, sounds like it was somewhere beyond the outer body panels, as I could not pinpoint the source. Sounded interior somewhere. Somewhere in the floor of the truck. I love my truck but it annoys crap out of me every time I hear that ticking.

Same here, i love my truck, I've been die hard gmc for 7 years now, but this noise makes me despise this truck, just took it for my last ride for the night with someone else driving and me in the back seat going crazy trying to pinpoint it, couldn't find a thing, I would bring it to the dealer but I'm very anal about my truck and they would just be doing the same thing I'm doing anyway, I'm going to see if I can get in touch with my old service manger and some of my gm tech buddies to look up bulletins, if not I'm calling gm

• Like 1

Sounds like my situation. I dont want to go back to the dealer. They act like Im an idiot, and I know they wont be able to find it. Last time they told me it was the door striker, put some lube on it, said the issue was resolved. Ha. Its good to hear from someone with the same issue that has more resources than I do. Keep me posted on your progress. Thanks

Id like to add that Ive also been a GM fan since I could drive. Learned to drive on a 1997 Sonoma, drove a 03 Silverado Ext Cab Z-71 from 06 til January of 17 when I traded it for this truck. Absolutely loved my 03. There have been several things about this truck that make me regret my trade, and cause me to question my brand loyalty.

Same situation with the tick in my truck. I bought it in January but the ticking didnt show up until March when the weather warmed up. It is consistently quieter on cooler days. What is the solution if it is indeed a broken weld inside the pillar?

This is my truck driving home for work , still cannot pinpoint it

Do you hear it from the passenger side too? I'll hear it mainly from the driver side and sometimes it will happen on the passenger side as well.