In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

shaneman20 It all truly depends on how much you want to spend, as I have seen you state earlier, no one is really doing these right meow and it is quite difficult to find the subject matter experts that are willing to step outside of their comfort zone to do one off stuff and it's especially difficult to get any type of warranty with any of their work as well. I currently have a 2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab Standard Bed 6.2L (L86) full weight "heavy Chevy" fully forged top and bottom end, LT4/z06 fuel injectors, LT4/z06 motor pump and Armageddon in-tank fuel pump, 45% fuel lobe on custom camshaft, built 6L80E trans, TCI torque converter and flex plate, and an Armageddon twin turbo GTX3582R kit. Among other modifications the truck is putting down 950rwhp/854rwtq on a mustang dyno; race fuel and 15psi. My trans recently went down; locked up the torque converter and mangled my input shaft on the trans, then grinded some gears inside trans (more to this story, but trying to keep it short) and I ended up keeping the 6L80E and just upgrading the best I can, for now. If you have questions about this let me know, as I can likely answer more finite questions regarding your future endeavors with your truck and I always love to talk about builds!

<3> RLTW!

The 6L80/90 are far superior in terms of power handling than any built 4L60. I’ve broken enough 4L60’s in stock trucks to not trust them. The 6 speeds are solid transmissions and unless you are pushing crazy (600+) power you shouldn’t have an issue with them. The trans brake is another story but the transmission itself shouldn’t have a problem handling a turbo and a built engine with nothing more than a converter, a valve body//shift kit, and a cooler. But then again it’s all how you drive it. I used to have a 490hp//1000tq Dodge diesel with a 47re and a new valve body. Everyone swore I would grenade it. Drove that thing for 3 years with no problem. Just avoided boosted launches. Only thing that killed it was a fluid change.

2014 z71 LTZ
Volant Intake
Borla Exhaust
Diablo
Bilstein 5100
Rough Country Level

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 5:07 PM, Vindicta_Mihi said:

shaneman20 It all truly depends on how much you want to spend, as I have seen you state earlier, no one is really doing these right meow and it is quite difficult to find the subject matter experts that are willing to step outside of their comfort zone to do one off stuff and it's especially difficult to get any type of warranty with any of their work as well. I currently have a 2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab Standard Bed 6.2L (L86) full weight "heavy Chevy" fully forged top and bottom end, LT4/z06 fuel injectors, LT4/z06 motor pump and Armageddon in-tank fuel pump, 45% fuel lobe on custom camshaft, built 6L80E trans, TCI torque converter and flex plate, and an Armageddon twin turbo GTX3582R kit. Among other modifications the truck is putting down 950rwhp/854rwtq on a mustang dyno; race fuel and 15psi. My trans recently went down; locked up the torque converter and mangled my input shaft on the trans, then grinded some gears inside trans (more to this story, but trying to keep it short) and I ended up keeping the 6L80E and just upgrading the best I can, for now. If you have questions about this let me know, as I can likely answer more finite questions regarding your future endeavors with your truck and I always love to talk about builds!

<3> RLTW!

I currently have a 15 Silverado 1500 crew cab short box with forged 6.2 and Armageddon twin turbos (upgrade from base kit) with lt4 injectors and pump as well as port injection added on top of the direct injection (and yes a I was a beta tester for this setup)  I can tell you this truck is a riot,, when it stays together.  I have lost two stock 8l90s, and one built 8l90 (level ten transmissions actually builds them). I am now looking into going with 4l80 built to hold serious power for a heavy four wheel drive truck like this.  I love my boosted launches.  Armageddon/Motiva dyno put down just over 1300 rwhp on high boost.  I also lost a transfer case which is now being built to hold the power.  I believe I just lost a piston last testing session.  Have yet to tear it down and see what all damage is.  I plan on building another engine but most likely stroking it to 427 with dart iron block.  Put that in while I rebuild my hurt motor.  I am in the serious power range now and have come this far, just as well have a spare long block as I know sooner or later Im going to toast it the way I use it.  Ultimate goal: fastest 1/8-1/4 mile fully loaded daily driver crew cab gasser.  The beauty of the Armageddon setup is that nobody would know a thing was done to it unless they look under the hood, or you show them what it will do.  You can drive around and it sounds dang near stock, until I open the electronic cutouts and turn up the boost,,lol.  I have enough fueling and turbo capability to get this thing up to the 1500rwhp range.  Waiting to find all other weak links before pushing it that far.  This has already been an almost two year project, and will hopefully be a lifelong endever.  I also don't require it for a daily driver.  Just a life long dream slowly coming to fruition.  I would love to talk you personally about your experience with your setup.  Take care.  Lee.

On 10/7/2018 at 1:37 AM, lrph said:

I currently have a 15 Silverado 1500 crew cab short box with forged 6.2 and Armageddon twin turbos (upgrade from base kit) with lt4 injectors and pump as well as port injection added on top of the direct injection (and yes a I was a beta tester for this setup)  I can tell you this truck is a riot,, when it stays together.  I have lost two stock 8l90s, and one built 8l90 (level ten transmissions actually builds them). I am now looking into going with 4l80 built to hold serious power for a heavy four wheel drive truck like this.  I love my boosted launches.  Armageddon/Motiva dyno put down just over 1300 rwhp on high boost.  I also lost a transfer case which is now being built to hold the power.  I believe I just lost a piston last testing session.  Have yet to tear it down and see what all damage is.  I plan on building another engine but most likely stroking it to 427 with dart iron block.  Put that in while I rebuild my hurt motor.  I am in the serious power range now and have come this far, just as well have a spare long block as I know sooner or later Im going to toast it the way I use it.  Ultimate goal: fastest 1/8-1/4 mile fully loaded daily driver crew cab gasser.  The beauty of the Armageddon setup is that nobody would know a thing was done to it unless they look under the hood, or you show them what it will do.  You can drive around and it sounds dang near stock, until I open the electronic cutouts and turn up the boost,,lol.  I have enough fueling and turbo capability to get this thing up to the 1500rwhp range.  Waiting to find all other weak links before pushing it that far.  This has already been an almost two year project, and will hopefully be a lifelong endever.  I also don't require it for a daily driver.  Just a life long dream slowly coming to fruition.  I would love to talk you personally about your experience with your setup.  Take care.  Lee.

Lee,

I haven't done any launches and I haven't been to the track yet either, I built the truck to roll race from time to time and maybe do a car show every once in a while. I was considering the port injection or maybe a different intake to add injectors, just not sure yet. I finally got my truck back from Stroud Designs, the East Coast arm of Armageddon, Josh Stroud is more into stupid mustangs over there so he sat on my truck for quite a while. Dave from Armageddon/Motiva was very instrumental with finally getting my build completed. When I recently grenaded the stock transmission I wasnt even beating on the truck at all, more like spirited driving I would say. I found a shop to upgrade the transmission for now and I ordered a new multi-clutch converter and flex plate from TCI. Eventually, I will end up with the 4L80 as well, however, thats a cool 10k or so instead of 5k for my current setup. I think we are both in the same "boat", build it, race it, break it! lol

I would like to discuss more about our builds, since we are both really close to the same setup and just curious what happened with your built 6.2?