2019 GMC Sierra - Spotted On the Road - Images

Gorehamj

2019 GNMC Siera Jeff Andre rear.jpg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
7-10-2018

2019 Sierra Jeff Andre side.jpg

The 2019 GMC Sierra was photographed on the road this week by a member of the Facebook 2019+ Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra club . Jeff Andre obtained these three images of the new Sierra in Red. The new rear tailgate is easy to spot in the images. Jeff was kind enough to share the images with us. He says this new Sierra was "Spotted in the wild on the roads of Virginia, Manufacture plate still. Honest opinion some of the badging is a little overkill but all in all the truck looked very good in person driving down the road."

2019 GMC sierra rear 2 jeff andre.jpg

We think the truck looks great. What's your opinion GM-Trucks.com members?

• Haha 1

Nice!  Perfect Color too.  I hope that's Cardinal red.  My fear in ordering mine in that color was sometimes from year to year they put an "orange tint" and it doesn't look like the previous model year that you had to order from.  My 3500HD was built on 6/25 and its waiting in Flint (the wait is killin' me)

• Like 1

i'm not a fan of that badge on the front fender.. ..doesn't look like you can debadge it... .. also the tailgate... dont have a receiver hitch on~.. .. i'll keep my 16 AT!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ozer said:

im pretty sure it will come with a hitch, its a truck!

no sorry. what i meant was... the way the tailgate folds down.. in that design... ..meaning dont have a hitch.. might ding or scratch the tailgate~.

• Like 1

no sorry. what i meant was... the way the tailgate folds down.. in that design... ..meaning dont have a hitch.. might ding or scratch the tailgate~.

Right. But if you have a trailer back there it is difficult on some to drop a normal tailgate as well. So just don’t do it with a trailer. Now if you drive around with a hitch and ball sticking up that may be considered negligence then.

Sent from device. Excuse errors.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Yeti1007 said:

Dislike, looks like a GMC Titan

Considering when the Titan came out everyone said it was a ugly mashup of every truck on the market...that holds no water.  

If company A gets copied by company B and then Company A makes another product that still has similarities to its original product, but also to the copycat...are they now copying the copycat by continuing to make their product?  

Sierra's vent looks a lot like the last Escalade fender vent to me, which came far before Nissans 

Edited by shift_grind

Overall I think I like it, but as previously mentioned the front fender "badge" seems a bit much.  Also, I just noticed the way the side view mirrors are attached to the door is very different than previous GM trucks.  Is the triangle most corner piece of the drivers side door glass?  Able to see through it?