Gorehamj

2019 GMC Sierra - Spotted On the Road - Images

2019 GNMC Siera Jeff Andre rear.jpg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
7-10-2018

2019 Sierra Jeff Andre side.jpg

The 2019 GMC Sierra was photographed on the road this week by a member of the Facebook 2019+ Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra club . Jeff Andre obtained these three images of the new Sierra in Red. The new rear tailgate is easy to spot in the images. Jeff was kind enough to share the images with us. He says this new Sierra was "Spotted in the wild on the roads of Virginia, Manufacture plate still. Honest opinion some of the badging is a little overkill but all in all the truck looked very good in person driving down the road."

2019 GMC sierra rear 2 jeff andre.jpg

We think the truck looks great. What's your opinion GM-Trucks.com members?

• Haha 1

Nice!  Perfect Color too.  I hope that's Cardinal red.  My fear in ordering mine in that color was sometimes from year to year they put an "orange tint" and it doesn't look like the previous model year that you had to order from.  My 3500HD was built on 6/25 and its waiting in Flint (the wait is killin' me)

• Like 1

i'm not a fan of that badge on the front fender.. ..doesn't look like you can debadge it... .. also the tailgate... dont have a receiver hitch on~.. .. i'll keep my 16 AT!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Nissan called, wants their Titan back 

tundra.jpg

Edited by Roscopcoletrain
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nissan has 100K 10year bumper to bumper. That’s what got me to try Hyundai, I’ve had 4. It’s worth a test drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Crstfr said:

dont have a receiver hitch on~.. .. i'll keep my 16 AT!

im pretty sure it will come with a hitch, its a truck!

33 minutes ago, Ozer said:

im pretty sure it will come with a hitch, its a truck!

no sorry. what i meant was... the way the tailgate folds down.. in that design... ..meaning dont have a hitch.. might ding or scratch the tailgate~.

• Like 1

no sorry. what i meant was... the way the tailgate folds down.. in that design... ..meaning dont have a hitch.. might ding or scratch the tailgate~.

Right. But if you have a trailer back there it is difficult on some to drop a normal tailgate as well. So just don’t do it with a trailer. Now if you drive around with a hitch and ball sticking up that may be considered negligence then.

Sent from device. Excuse errors.

• Like 2

At least the GMC fender badge is not as ugly or obtrusive as the Nissans

Just my humble opinion. :thumbs: 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Yeti1007 said:

Dislike, looks like a GMC Titan

Considering when the Titan came out everyone said it was a ugly mashup of every truck on the market...that holds no water.  

If company A gets copied by company B and then Company A makes another product that still has similarities to its original product, but also to the copycat...are they now copying the copycat by continuing to make their product?  

Sierra's vent looks a lot like the last Escalade fender vent to me, which came far before Nissans 

Edited by shift_grind

I like it.

To me the chevy version is a cross between a Colorado and a suburban. Same or similar front from the existing Suburban and the side of a full side Colorado.

Overall I think I like it, but as previously mentioned the front fender "badge" seems a bit much.  Also, I just noticed the way the side view mirrors are attached to the door is very different than previous GM trucks.  Is the triangle most corner piece of the drivers side door glass?  Able to see through it?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By CMoore711
      I purchased the wheels brand new from a Giovanna Wheel shop and have since chosen to go with a different set of wheels.  Unfortunately the wheel shop I purchased from does not accept returns, so I am listing the wheels for sale.   Wheels are brand new and unmounted, I only unboxed (1) wheel for picture purposes only, then it was repackaged with all the original manufacturer's packaging.   Wheel Details: Giovanna Dramuno 6 Machine Black Finish Size: 24" x 10" Offset: +30 mm Bolt Pattern:  6 x 139.7 Center Bore: 78.1 mm   Fitment: 2007+ Yukon/Yukon XL, Escalade, Tahoe, Suburban, Sierra 1500, Silverado, Avalanche,   Wheels will ship double boxed and with all original manufacturer's packaging just as received from Giovanna.   Asking Price is $1,750 OBO shipped to the continental U.S. Prefer Payment via PayPal I'm located in Dayton, OH and would be willing to meet up within a reasonable distance.   Plastic Protective Cover still on Center Caps:   One of the deepest concave style wheels available; About 3" Deep Concave from rim lip down to center cap:   Repackaged with Original Manufacturer's Plastic Lip Protector:   Some "Stock" Images:
    • By abl1597
      About an hour into my two hour drive tonight I noticed the lane keep assist button was no longer illuminated so i pressed it and got the message "lane keep assist system unavailable." I tried cleaning in front of the camera behind the rearview mirror and turning the truck off and back on. I could not get it to work. I am new to this forum and was hoping someone would have some advice on what to do. This is a 2016 sierra denali 1500 with approx 50k miles so of course it is out of warranty. 
    • By Gorehamj

John Goreham
      Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
      7-12-2018

Chevrolet announced prices today for the new 2019 4500 HD Chassis Cab medium-duty truck. Prices will start at $48,465 including the $1,495 destination charge.

“These new Silverado chassis cabs are a great addition to our lineup because we can now offer small businesses and large fleets a truck that can be upfitted to do many jobs including construction, utility and landscape work, tow truck operations, first responder calls and more,” said Ed Peper, U.S. vice president, GM Fleet. “Chevrolet was obsessed with making these Silverado trucks easy to upfit, drive and own.”

Chevy says the ultimate Chevrolet Silverado is the 6500HD, which is similar in size to the 4500HD and 5500HD but is rated to 22,900 pounds GVWR. “Bucket truck builders, fleet managers and many other customers told us they face a dilemma when their GVWR needs exceed 19,500 lbs.,” said John Schwegman, director of Commercial Product and Medium Duty at GM Fleet. “Some pay for expensive aluminum bodies to save weight so they can stay with a Class 5 chassis. Others may spend $10,000 or more to purchase a larger truck with much more GVWR than they need. The Silverado 6500HD gives them capability and protects their bottom line. It’s a great solution.”

Here are the features of the new 2019 Silverado medium-duty line:
      -The Silverado will be available in 2WD and 4WD and will be powered by a Duramax 6.6-liter diesel engine with 350 horsepower and 700 lb.-ft. of torque and Allison transmissions with a Power Take Off (PTO) option.
      -The frame is designed with one-piece straight rails with no rivets or brackets on top to interfere with the mounting of custom-made bodies. There are no obstacles to work around helping to save time and money during the upfit process.
      -More frame lengths are offered compared with key competitors, which can help customers specify the exact truck to suit their needs.
      -The truck is designed to be easy to service, with a clamshell hood and a wheel cut of up to 50 degrees that can give technicians better engine access than trucks with conventional hoods.
      -Optional equipment includes a twin-tank fuel capacity of up to 65 gallons, a factory-installed air suspension and a full suite of available connectivity, including OnStar, Commercial Link and a built-in 4G LTE Wi-Fi hot spot.

Look for the new Silverado medium-duty trucks at any one of Chevy's 400 commercial dealers late this year.  

• By SkiDooNick700
      Hey guys, finally put an exhaust on the truck! Shout out to @Gorske as he's the one who turned me onto this exhaust (without trying lol) and the Corsa tip. Let's get to it!

Muffler shop removed muffler, flapper, and resonator. I kept the 3rd cat in place.  They installed the Venom 250 (center / offset) 3" version which I ordered directly from the Black Widow website.  They used 3" piping to fill in all the gaps.

I'm very, very happy with the sound so far.  The only thing I can compare it to is the Flowmaster 40 series which I had on my Avalanche.  I know that sound is subjective, so take this with a grain of salt I guess, but, the Venom 250 sounds sooo much cleaner than the Flowmaster did.  I'm not really sure how else to describe it, just a really great clear rumble.  The flowmaster always seemed to have like a resonance sound.  I've only driven about 4 miles on the highway so far during rush hour, traffic was moving 65 - 70mph but was really heavy.  I was so surprised to hear little to no drone.  I purposely shifted it to 7th and even 6th as I was like the drone is gotta be somewhere! But nope - as the RPMs got higher in 7th and 6th, all you hear is literally the exhaust sound, not a mind numbing drone. I'm going to do a little highway this weekend Saturday or Sunday morning just so I can really get a feel for it without traffic around.

The AFM v4 mode is not disabled on my truck and I don't have any intentions to get the Range device or tune it out anytime soon. I likely will get my truck tuned once the warranty is out, and at that time I'll most likely have the AFM disabled.  It does have quite the helicopter sound especially as you load up the engine in v4 mode.  Interestingly, it's really only bad at slow speeds, say 20-45mph.  When I was on the highway I noticed it dropped into v4 mode a couple times at 65mph, I don't recall noticing any helicopter sound, I think the higher RPMs must help.  The  8 speed is literally lugging the engine as low as 1000rpm in different gears between 20 - 40 mph, so that has to be the main reason it's so bad in the speed range.  I've just been driving in M7 through the suburbs most of the time, depends if I feel like hearing the noise or not.

Ok, here is a quick video I took.  Sound got a little distorted unfortunately.  I plan on making a far more thorough video with many points of view, however it'll probably be up to a month before I make it. I'm going to shoot it up north where I don't have to worry about seeing traffic.  I'll make sure to that video on this forum as well. 

Let's see if I can get this right.. I don't know how to embed 
      https://youtu.be/p7GfTd6LFwM

• By 17Sierra1500
      Taken from a 2017 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate  - - 22" GM CK164 Wheels and tires package for sale.
        4 wheels, 22x9 aluminum + 4 tires + 4 TPMS sensors installed + 4 tires mounted + 4 center caps   TPMS sensors and Lug Nuts INCLUDED   OEM wheel part number 19301164 7-spoke silver with black inserts and they retail about $500 each.   285/45R22 Brigestone Dueler A/T RH-S tires have 30K on them but they definitely still have some life left in them - I don't have a tire tread gauge or I could tell you the exact depth.   All parts listed here are OEM Factory parts unlike the cheap knock-off replicas you find on the internet.   Located in Columbia, Missouri.  $1800 OBO   I'm not really interested in shipping them as I'm sure it would cost a fortune.