New Silverado Commercial

z1boss

The most "trim levels" seems like a somewhat odd thing to brag about.  The difference between a "trim level," "package," or "special edition" is somewhat ambiguous. 

For example, in 2018 "Elevation" was a "package" offered on a Base "trim level" Sierra.  In 2019 "Elevation" is a "trim level."  Did the content really change much?  It does not look like it. 

I'm an engineer so I have an embedded hatred of anything marketing and marketing related.

But GM's marketing department is really bad.  Like inept.  This commercial is better than those "real people reacting to cars behind doors" or the "That's a Buick?!?" commercials, but just barely.  

8 trim packages???  Stop the presses!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Sierra Dan said:

It is a great commercial, but should have been out 2 months ago!

You still cannot build a 2019 Silverado on the Chevy website for crying out loud.... :loser:

Build is available as of this morning.

The Build site seems like a cheap afterthought.

As much as GM skimps on their physical products..... they are skimping on advertising as well.

Not the best way to keep a business going if you ask me.

Truck sales for 3rd quarter so far.... RAM is leading GM and It is no wonder why.

Source: pickuptrucks.com 

Untitled-1.png

I suspect GM's marketing strategies may reflect knowledge not readily available or perhaps contrary to some GM-Trucks forum members.  I do not know, for example, why RAM outsold GM on the chart above.   It my be "no wonder why" to some but RAM would be 5th in line for my truck buying dollar.  

I'm an engineer so I have an embedded hatred of anything marketing and marketing related.

As an advertising/marketing guy, I’ll say you need us to sell the products you engineer! [emoji90]

On the one hand, marketing messages have to be rooted in product truths.

On the other hand, if 8 trim levels is the best thing I can talk about, then we’re doomed LOL

IMHO this is the case of a marketing client wanting a competitive claim, with no regard to how insignificant that claim might be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sierra Dan said:

Untitled-1.png

One thing that I see on this chart is that RAM is outselling Silverado and Sierra but not GM.  When I'm truck shopping, I treat Sierra and Silverado as the same brand.