Trading in my Silverado 2500 HD... Suggestions on Good Years To Buy?

I currently have a 2011 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD 4x4 Diesel Crew Cab, short bed.  It's my perfect truck, it's exactly what I want, it's exactly what I need.  I have equity in it and I decided to refinance... It has 152K miles.  Bank said, you qualify for the loan but your truck doesn't : - (  Truck has to be under 125K miles.  It can be an older truck but not high miles.

So I'm in the market for basically the same thing but lower miles.  I'm wanting to keep my price down, cash in on some equity and keep my payments the same or lower.  If A truck at $20K gets my payments lower.  $25K my payments are the same.  $30K my payments go up.  I don't want to go over $30K unless there's a compelling reason to do so.

My truck gets used 4 to 6 times per month on average.  Either to haul hay or haul horses.  I'm leaning towards more of a ranch vehicle right now.  At the same time, I've got a 2011 and I'm not super excited about downgrading either.  I'd just keep mine but I need to take my equity and pay off some higher interest loans.

I'd appreciate some suggestions...

Here's what I've been looking at:

A 2005 Silverado 3500 HD fully loaded for $20K with 123K miles on it.  The only thing it doesn't have is the exhaust brake which I can add.  Are the 2005's a good way to go?  This one is local.

Next one up is a 2011 GMC Sierra 2500 Extended Cab 116K miles for $25K

I'm looking at two 2013's -- a Sierra 3500 ext. cab for $30K with 120K miles (local) and a Silverado crew cab with 115K miles for $28K (8 hours away)

I drove a 2012 with 80K miles that I can probably get for around $34K  It's over my budget but what a nice truck!  This one is local

The best deal I've found is 3 hours away on a 2015 Silverado 2500LT for 30K with low miles.  If that one is still available I might have to go for it just because it's a great deal!

Only three of the trucks on this list are close by.  The best deals on this list I'd have to travel a couple hundred miles to get to 'em.

What are some other great years to consider?  Should I consider anything older than 2011?  The 2011 has all the factory built in towing features that I love.  But that 2005 is a really good deal on a nice truck too. 

Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

This makes no sense. Check with a Credit Union. they may not have that limitation. Why spend any cash in the deal? You will seriously eliminate much equity if you trade it in.

Sorry, i am just trying to figure out why you love the truck but at getting rid of it at a potential loss, to keep making payments? I have no idea on your financial picture and I am sure you have your reasons. You posed a question and that is my take on it; the math and money do not make sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also do not really understand your financial reasoning, but having owned 3 duramax's 3 things I could not downgrade to is 1. Anything other then a crew cab 2. Anything without bucket seats (ltz/slt trim) 3. Not having usb, navigation, bluetooth etc. etc. I love my '08 and I personalize my truck to have everything the new trucks have and too many hours of work to ever get a different one..

Well, I probably didn't explain myself very well.  But I have decided to go with an 08 that had low miles.  Nice Z71 package and an excellent deal that I couldn't pass up. 

It has been recommended to me to install a Lift Pump on this.  But one Diesel guy says get the BD system the other says get the Fast Fuel Pump system. 

Any recommendations?