Heads up Display Chevy vs. GMC

I have a 2019 GMC Denali Ultimate.  I believe I have the most up to date software in 803.  I was at my Chevy dealership with a friend and he was driving a High Country and I noticed the Heads up Display showed audio information and other information when changing channels, etc.  My Denali does not do that and I wondered if anyone else knew or saw that the same?  Not to say this bad, but would the Silverado have additional features the Sierra would not?  I can't believe the Denali would not have "all" the possible features considering one is paying more for it, but from what I have seen, this information is not shown on the GMC's.  I have brought this item up previous as those features are shown on GMC's website when advertising features of the Sierra and mentioned it to my dealer but they say there is no way they can find out from General Motors.  Can anyone confirm if their Sierra/Silverado shows audio information on their Heads Up Display?  Thank you in advance.  

15 hours ago, robertkoors said:

I have a 2019 GMC Denali Ultimate.  I believe I have the most up to date software in 803.  I was at my Chevy dealership with a friend and he was driving a High Country and I noticed the Heads up Display showed audio information and other information when changing channels, etc.  My Denali does not do that and I wondered if anyone else knew or saw that the same?  Not to say this bad, but would the Silverado have additional features the Sierra would not?  I can't believe the Denali would not have "all" the possible features considering one is paying more for it, but from what I have seen, this information is not shown on the GMC's.  I have brought this item up previous as those features are shown on GMC's website when advertising features of the Sierra and mentioned it to my dealer but they say there is no way they can find out from General Motors.  Can anyone confirm if their Sierra/Silverado shows audio information on their Heads Up Display?  Thank you in advance.  

I would guess that the truck on the lot had an older software version.  I believe people mentioned that feature going away a few software updates back.  Not sure why they took it away but 803 shouldn't have it

2 hours ago, z1boss said:

I would guess that the truck on the lot had an older software version.  I believe people mentioned that feature going away a few software updates back.  Not sure why they took it away but 803 shouldn't have it

2 hours ago, Parker Somerfield said:

If you change the song with the steering wheel, it should show up on the hud. 

Edit: I have an AT4 and that's when it shows up on the HUD for me. Also had a 2016 Camaro and the HUD worked the same way.

Agree.  Our 2018 Yukon works the same way but can’t understand the irregularities and inconsistencies with GM.  As I see it if the High Country and AT4 have it then the Denali should as well. 

Never has worked on my AT4. Before or after the version 803 update. I did finally find out that turn info from the Nav would show up so I guess it's not a total bust. If I remember correctly the GMC site was listing the tach as being part of the HUD at one point. Don't know if thats still listed on the site or not.

2 hours ago, robsieb said:

Never has worked on my AT4. Before or after the version 803 update. I did finally find out that turn info from the Nav would show up so I guess it's not a total bust. If I remember correctly the GMC site was listing the tach as being part of the HUD at one point. Don't know if thats still listed on the site or not.

It does still show listed on the website.   Those that have the audio line showing on HUD how long have you owned your truck/what is the build date?   I wonder if there was some update at the factory and if it is something the dealer can flash?

16 minutes ago, robertkoors said:

It does still show listed on the website.   Those that have the audio line showing on HUD how long have you owned your truck/what is the build date?   I wonder if there was some update at the factory and if it is something the dealer can flash?

My best guess is it was a reverse update at the factory and they took it away. The one guy I know who has radio displayed on HUD has an 8/18 built HC. Mine is a 10/18 and has never had it radio up there. The other trucks I’ve seen it on were from guys who were also early adopters and probably early build trucks.