Leveling kit with helper springs.

Hey Everyone, I’ve been looking at this forum for a long time but I’m a new member. I have a 2015 GMC All-Terrain that I’m wanting to level. I’ve been trying to decide between the ready lift 2.25” with the 2” rear block or Rough Country 2.5” with the 2” rear block. I want to run 275/65r20 tires on the stock wheels. I was also considering buying a set of Hellwig helper springs, I pull a trailer a few times a month and don’t want much to any squat. So I guess my questions are:

1. Has anyone done either of those kits with that size of tire? (Please share a picture) 

2. Would it be better to do an Add-A-Leaf

in place of the 2” block and Hellwigs? 

I have looked through all the leveling kit post and haven’t really found what I was looking for yet. 

Thanks 

BF87DE75-EC5B-4CF4-B837-D977C3C901A5.thumb.png.637a3d0809c4f732e2467e31a2bcfbbe.png 

1 hour ago, truckmann said:

Mine has a 2.5" RC in the front and 2" MotoFab block in the rear. No helper springs or anything. Running LT305/55R20 tires. 

1752027817_Trucksmaller.thumb.jpg.80189b8217cf4528890783e20a46c07e.jpg

Truck trailer smaller.jpg

That’s a good looking stance, do you have much Squat with the trailer hooked up? It still looks pretty level in your pic!

My truck has a 2" level with stock rear blocks and BDS helper springs. 275/60R20 tires which are 33".  Not exactly the setup you mention though, but gives you an idea of what the helper springs look like. 

15906908728847112424349070642099.jpg

Edited by nominion

1 hour ago, Brenden said:

That’s a good looking stance, do you have much Squat with the trailer hooked up? It still looks pretty level in your pic!

It squats maybe a couple inches with that trailer. I thought about getting some kind of helpers until I found it doesn't squat that much. Of course yours may be different if you have more tongue weight. I don't know what the tongue weight is on mine, but it's pretty heavy. I'd expect a loaded car trailer or something will be heavier though. 

37 minutes ago, nominion said:

My truck has a 2" level with stock rear blocks and BDS helper springs. 275/60R20 tires which are 33".  Not exactly the setup you mention though, but gives you an idea of what the helper springs look like. 

15906908728847112424349070642099.jpg

Thanks, I like that look too! Do you have any issues with rubbing with the 275/60s

I get a very slight rub on the front sway bar when the wheels are turned fully.  You'd never know unless you looked at the sway bar though. 

The helper springs do make a difference when carrying a load or towing. Without any additional load, they add approximately 1" of lift to the rear.