I honestly think the problem has nothing to do with the running gear. I'm willing to bet all mfg's have the same tolerance level when it comes to NVH. It has more to do with the fact that Chevrolet is not isolating the problem like it should be.

Fix this you'll fix the shake. Look at it this way; you can put cement cab mounts on the truck and it will ride like dog crap. Now you can say it's a wheel balance, driveline, rear end, or a plethora of other things, and you'd be correct to an extent; but no matter what you do, it will still ride like crap with cement mounts.

Chevy needs to address either the front suspension, cab mounts, or both IMO. Isolation will go a lot further than trying to systematically track down every little vibration.

At this point after months of measuring run-out, RF balancing everything multiple times, match mounting, trying different shocks and so forth I agree the problem is isolating the driver from the vibrations. High strength frame and high strength steel body make great conductors for the vibrations. The million dollar question is why is it so much worse in certain trucks?? I've ridden in my co workers 14 silvy CC and its vibration free. It's like everyone is saying, a lot of parts at the top of their tolerance and an unforgiving frame and cab. I took a 15 ram laramie 4x4 cc out for a test drive and while it was smoother, it wasn't vibration free either. I wasn't wowed by the truck to the point I was willing to trade mine in on it some other members are claiming night and day difference and glad they traded out but that wasn't my experience, it has features the GMC doesn't but the same is true for my SLT, it has features Ram doesn't offer as well, and IMHO the GMC is a much better looking truck inside and out.

Not sure what the deal is, the .jpg link is broken for me...but hopefully you got nothing short of full MSRP trade. That is what I got, and what everyone should get when trading in a lemon.

That is what GM does. They offer you 2 crappy deals, maybe a third, then the arbitration date is set...and a day or 2 before arbitration, you will get a call saying they basically give up, and will give you full MSRP trade. Accept nothing less.

Ehhhh.... Sort of. I didn't get offered MSRP as a trade but because the District Manager assisted with trade assist, the fact this was one of the 20% off trucks and then the dealer took off the dealer hold back/mark up, it worked out. Was it an even trade? No. Am I currently happy, 99% yes.

I couldn't being myself to go thru the process of switching brands and frankly, I like the Sierra's the best, so....we will see. So far, LOVE the space of the crew cab and the new truck smell.

Sent from my iPhone

Yes i will be staying w blue for sure love this color its amazing get all kinds of compliments on it and my 5 year old loves blue. Will make sure to get a 3.42 not the 3.08, will not get the z71, and will get the slider/conv package, heated cooled seats and trailer brake. MSRP is just slightly higher for the new one

Well my truck has been at the dealership for a total of 32 out of 113 days owned with vibration issues. So far I've had a set of rear tires replaced, two full sets of front tires (1 set with 150 miles and another with 350 miles put on them), replaced rear shocks (supposed 10mm dead space in one shock), balanced and rotors, checked specs on ring/pinion, replaced rear driveshaft......AND....to no one's surprise it still shakes. Howwever, the shake has changed and gotten worse. From 0-60 truck is great. 60-68 smooth but vibration starts coming in. 68-75 very noticeable vibration in steering wheel, seat, door panel and now the pedals. 75-90 you better hold on its gonna get rough. So to really see how bad the issue was after I test drove it, after it was supposedly fixed from the dealer and passed on the pico, I took my foot off the gas and naturally let the truck decelerate from 90 to 60. Wow is really all I have to say. The truck now seems to have a deceleration vibration that is even worse.

As of now it shakes while accelerating from 60 to 90 and shakes just as bad coasting from 90 down to 60. The Service Manager is at a loss for a solution and shocked. Supposedly the regional GM rep will be looking at my truck this coming week. I can only hope I have the end result as some of you other guys with an MSRP truck exchange program.

I'll keep everyone posted. I'm hoping they make it right so I don't have to go through the BBB. Any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated.

This is getting insane. Money and time wasted on the same remove and replace this, that and the other part over and over again with no positive results. It would not surprise me if GM decided that the real fix would be to return to the 55 MPH national speed limit since they seem to have gotten nowhere after all this time. What's that saying about repeating the same thing expecting different results?

Well my truck has been at the dealership for a total of 32 out of 113 days owned with vibration issues. So far I've had a set of rear tires replaced, two full sets of front tires (1 set with 150 miles and another with 350 miles put on them), replaced rear shocks (supposed 10mm dead space in one shock), balanced and rotors, checked specs on ring/pinion, replaced rear driveshaft......AND....to no one's surprise it still shakes. Howwever, the shake has changed and gotten worse. From 0-60 truck is great. 60-68 smooth but vibration starts coming in. 68-75 very noticeable vibration in steering wheel, seat, door panel and now the pedals. 75-90 you better hold on its gonna get rough. So to really see how bad the issue was after I test drove it, after it was supposedly fixed from the dealer and passed on the pico, I took my foot off the gas and naturally let the truck decelerate from 90 to 60. Wow is really all I have to say. The truck now seems to have a deceleration vibration that is even worse.

As of now it shakes while accelerating from 60 to 90 and shakes just as bad coasting from 90 down to 60. The Service Manager is at a loss for a solution and shocked. Supposedly the regional GM rep will be looking at my truck this coming week. I can only hope I have the end result as some of you other guys with an MSRP truck exchange program.

I'll keep everyone posted. I'm hoping they make it right so I don't have to go through the BBB. Any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated.

What body style of truck? crew cab 4x4?

• Like 1

I'd chock it up to mfg tolerance differences. Another thing to note is; the trucks that were the worst had 20" and larger wheels. My truck has 22's and the two High Countrys I drove which were almost as bad had 20's. Bigger wheels and lower profile tires lead to less absorption of road anomalies before being transferred to the suspension. This is just an educated guess on my part, but I'd wager to be on the right track.

Keep in mind also; most people might not even be akin to the vibration unless it's pointed out. One of my employees has had his truck for 5,000 miles and claimed it's perfectly smooth. I went out and drove it and it also exhibits a shake; albeit minor. After pointing it out, it's now driving him crazy, lol.

Very possible that some may not be akin to the vibration. I have a '14 Sierra crew 2 wheel drive with GM 22's and it's vibration free. I've taken it up to 90 and the water in my bottle was not jumping around. I have a savvy for noises and vibrations. A co worker has a '14 Sierra with 20's and I rode in his and it was smooth as well. I have no clue what's causing the vibration as some have had it corrected with tires, balancing and some haven't. Different combinations of things I guess. Some 14's have a vibration some don't. Some 15's do and some don't. I feel for you guy's having vibrations. When you spend that kind of money on a truck, this shouldn't be an issue. Wonder what the new 16's will be like? The front end cosmetics have changed but I'm sure it will be on the same platform.

Edited by mafd2

Ok so after visit 3 it seemed better. Took a 3+hr drive to Ft Wayne IN. I now have a constant low dull vibe under my butt in the seat almost numbing after a long haul. No more console shake though. Much more pleseant but still not fixed..... calling the lemon lawyer Tuesday for sure now.....

Edited by afireinside7444

My girlfriend got my truck on the highway today and called me because she thought it had a flat. 2014 Sierra 22000 miles. She says she there's a vibration above 70mph. I remembered seeing this thread but hadn't had it on a smooth highway for an extended period of time yet and didn't know if my truck was affected. I drove it today and confirmed that it vibrates. Not horribly but definitely enough to annoy. What are the odds on GM fixing this?