Have an appointment Monday morning and the service manager wants to go for a test drive (of course). Hopefully the significant shake will be enough to warrant a new trans flush, and Murphy's law doesn't go into effect. Fingers crossed! Will let yall know what they say.

I have few things they need to work on. Oil change, hopefully a trans reflash for the shifting issue, vibration issue, and now a rough noise when ignition turns from a cold start. Yay  -_____-

OK...Just picked up our truck after 3 full weeks at the dealership.  STILL has the shakes!!!  Another RFB (4th time) and 3 weeks later was all they done.

So service rep said to call GM.  I'd like to call them *%^@#@#^^& after leaving it at 1st dealer 2 times and now this dealer 2 times. 

Tried searching for the class action info but notta...anyone have it I'd appreciate it.  1st time they installed new tires GY Eagle LS-2 20" on front and that

fixed shake in front and still smooth as glass in front.  Problem shake remains in rear. Asked why they didn't change rear tires and told each time that

the RFB was in specs.  BAD, BAD answer each time.  Is it possible the RFB is at a slower speed with good results and maybe real world speeds in the

75-80 range causes tread separation?  We should not have to troubleshoot for them in 2017!!!  Will a GMC dealer look at a Chevy problem or vice-versa?

Tired of ranting.....Listen up GM!

OK...Just picked up our truck after 3 full weeks at the dealership.  STILL has the shakes!!!  Another RFB (4th time) and 3 weeks later was all they done.
So service rep said to call GM.  I'd like to call them *%^@#@#^^& after leaving it at 1st dealer 2 times and now this dealer 2 times. 

Tried searching for the class action info but notta...anyone have it I'd appreciate it.  1st time they installed new tires GY Eagle LS-2 20" on front and that
fixed shake in front and still smooth as glass in front.  Problem shake remains in rear. Asked why they didn't change rear tires and told each time that
the RFB was in specs.  BAD, BAD answer each time.  Is it possible the RFB is at a slower speed with good results and maybe real world speeds in the
75-80 range causes tread separation?  We should not have to troubleshoot for them in 2017!!!  Will a GMC dealer look at a Chevy problem or vice-versa?

Tired of ranting.....Listen up GM!
Same issue for a while now. That's why I traded mine in. Good luck

Hello Everyone. Just found this page! Same issues for me. Speeds vary but most noticable at 70-78MPH....2016 Crew Cab, 5.3L, 2x4, Stock Goodyears, had it to dealer 4 times, 4 road balances....Same story over and over. Bottle of water shakes in the center console, my backpack shakes while on the passanger seat, and i can even see the hood shake. So sick of this problem. Just turned 13k miles.

F3A33CD8-ACD4-4983-947F-7F5645089522.jpeg

Edited by Matt Shaw

Did a google search for the Hunter Road Force Balancer machine and checked out several links.  Basically it applies a 1200# roller weight

to the tire while spinning and it checks the roundness of the wheel and outside of the tire.  Due to the taller wheels and shorter stiffer sidewalls

of today's tires (in my case 20") it is harder to balance with the old machines.  In theory this all sounds good.  Could not find out the speed

of the RFB machine while in use.  If it was done in the 75-85 mph range where most of shake problems occur and possible tread separation

then I'd have more faith in the results. 

Just bought a 2015 GMC Sierra SLT 4-door/short bed/5.3/4wd/3.42/36k miles a few weeks ago. Was looking for info on vibrations at speed and stumbled into here. WOW, what a mess. Really like the truck with the exception of the highway vibration. During the test drive I attributed it to the brand new BFG AT's on the truck. Overall it's not an issue for like 90% of my driving as I typically stay below 70 commuting and towing. The other 10% that are a few yearly road trips will be an issue though.

I've dug through about 100+ pages looking for the fix. I suppose that there just isn't one at this point? Seen a few guys say this that or the other thing has "fixed it", but no definitive "DO this, and it will work" solution.

Plans are to have a Road Force Balance done. Then try a set of spring clamps to see if that helps.

Any thoughts from the resident experts before I read the remaining 600 pages of this thread?

Edited by 2kwik4u

6 hours ago, 2kwik4u said:

Just bought a 2015 GMC Sierra SLT 4-door/short bed/5.3/4wd/3.42/36k miles a few weeks ago. Was looking for info on vibrations at speed and stumbled into here. WOW, what a mess. Really like the truck with the exception of the highway vibration. During the test drive I attributed it to the brand new BFG AT's on the truck. Overall it's not an issue for like 90% of my driving as I typically stay below 70 commuting and towing. The other 10% that are a few yearly road trips will be an issue though.

I've dug through about 100+ pages looking for the fix. I suppose that there just isn't one at this point? Seen a few guys say this that or the other thing has "fixed it", but no definitive "DO this, and it will work" solution.

Plans are to have a Road Force Balance done. Then try a set of spring clamps to see if that helps.

Any thoughts from the resident experts before I read the remaining 600 pages of this thread?

I started ThisTruckSucks.com dedicated to this problem. I’m in the middle of a lemon law claim. GM likes to say it “Meets Spec”. I think my next video is test driving Ford, Dodge, and Toyota to show how much better competition specs are. This is NOT normal and I intend on demonstrating that. 

14 hours ago, Dmetz82 said:

I started ThisTruckSucks.com dedicated to this problem. I’m in the middle of a lemon law claim. GM likes to say it “Meets Spec”. I think my next video is test driving Ford, Dodge, and Toyota to show how much better competition specs are. This is NOT normal and I intend on demonstrating that. 

Thanks for the info. Found that site already. Doesn't seem to work well on my phone. Next time I'm near a PC I'll try to give you some info on my truck.

Any chance you can run my VIN through your database to see if the previous owner had found you as well. Was awfully suspicious that the truck was traded in with 35,875 miles on it :D

I just got a new GMC 1500 2017 with the Elevation trim. Currently at just below 3000km. I've not had it on the highway much but I will keep an eye out for vibrations. Nothing noticeable so far. Actually rides quite well at city speeds.

Regardless, I figured I would chime in since it seems people are having a lot of difficulty pinpointing the cause of this issue. Naturally, the ones with the problem are the ones posting, and the thread seems to be lacking a control group. I figure more data can't hurt. 

I can see how people are alarmed about this, considering GM's history of not disclosing defects and being tardy with recalls, even when lives have been lost. I know they gutted their executive branch since then, but you can't just reset a track record like that. It would frustrate the hell out of me to pay $30-$80K for a truck that rides like sandpaper. I'm really disheartened to hear that GM is effectively just shrugging and saying "that's normal. whadda ya gonna do?" It makes you wonder if they know what is causing this and are sitting on the solution just like they did with ignition-gate. They certainly aren't doing much to earn back trust by being so dismissive. That being said, brand-loyalty is one helluva drug. I'm sure there is a large group of people who stand by the GM brand no matter what, and GM seems to be counting on that.

I've been lucky so far. The only issue regarding ride quality I've noticed is a small "shudder" when idling. It's subtle but noticeable. I have had other GM products that do this, so it isn't too alarming. I assume they set the idle a little too low to increase gas economy. I can't see how it would be related to highway vibrations though.

If I had found this thread before making my purchase, it may have tipped me over to Ford.  Sucks to have something else to worry about.