Was reading my latest Truck Trend magazine and came across this article. 

http://www.trucktrend.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1709-explained-tennecos-driv-electronic-suspension/

caused me me to think of you that are afflicted with the Chevy Shake.  Read the article, just might be the solution.  I do believe SS is real, but I think that the root cause is varied and manifests itself through the non-forgiving rigid high tensil frame along with the sucky obsolete rear leaf spring suspension system.  Anyway, this new Tenneco system sounds interesting. Check out the article...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning,

That is very interesting, I am interested how your truck is riding now that you replaced all of the shocks and installed the sulastics Snoringbear. Also what brand shocks you replaced them with.

I am starting the looking process for another vehicle that will allow me to enjoy driving. Maybe that vehicle doesn’t exist but I am all ears if anyone has any suggestions. I like riding high enough to see traffic ahead of me as well as the safety aspect of heavier vehicle than the other guy.

Does anyone have a suggestion of a vehicle other than a Citroen that has a suspension that smooths out the road to the highest degree. 

Not it sure I will still be able to walk by 2020 waiting for these new technology shocks. 

Have a great day! 

Hey Bullshark,

you must have me confused with another Snoringbear.  I haven't replaced shocks or anything else except tires.  My truck is still 100% factory stock.  I'm fortunate that my truck doesn't have the dreaded Chevy Shake - yet.   I did have torque converter shudder a few months ago which was fixed by the SB procedure; complete drain and flush of transmission including cooler, refill with new type tranny fluid (23 gallons) replaced filter.  No shudder now.  Truck does ride rougher than my 2008 though.  However, this truck is a 4X4 with towing package so guessing it has stiffer suspension than previous truck.  But, I'm getting older and less tolerant of constant thumpity thump of expansion joints and road feel from anti-skid groves scribed in the pavement.  I want to stay in a truck though as I tow a 6,200 lb TT occasionally.  Besides, my family says a truck "is me" so gotta stay with a truck, lol ?... 

Trying to figure out if my '16 Crew Cab that I just purchased 3 weeks ago has this shake.

When driving above 65, I feel a slight vibration through my steering wheel. If I let go of the wheel, I cannot see it moving. I also don't hear anything inside the cabin rattling such as my sunglasses in the holder. None of this vibration feels like it's coming from the rear. Like I said, I can really only feel it through the steering wheel.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Obscenejesster (I like your handle),

my guess is either your tires need balancing or you need a front end alignment.  Being your truck is a 2016 I'm assuming you have some miles on it?  If so, inspect your front tires for any irregular wear or scuffing, especially on the inner and outer edges.  If there is any indication of this I would have the tires rotated and balanced as a start.  If problem still exists I would have the front end aligned.  However, if your tires are worn and close to needing replacement I would do this first then have both balancing and alignment done.  Btw, none requested suggestion;. I run Michelin tires, in my opinion can't go wrong with them.  Good luck ?!

Obscenejesster (I like your handle),
my guess is either your tires need balancing or you need a front end alignment.  Being your truck is a 2016 I'm assuming you have some miles on it?  If so, inspect your front tires for any irregular wear or scuffing, especially on the inner and outer edges.  If there is any indication of this I would have the tires rotated and balanced as a start.  If problem still exists I would have the front end aligned.  However, if your tires are worn and close to needing replacement I would do this first then have both balancing and alignment done.  Btw, none requested suggestion;. I run Michelin tires, in my opinion can't go wrong with them.  Good luck [emoji4]!
Okay cool. I'll try going that route first. Thank you.

I thought of this handle back in '97 when I first started hacking and gaming. It just stuck with me all these years.

On 11/12/2017 at 8:50 AM, Snoringbear said:

Hey Bullshark,

you must have me confused with another Snoringbear.  I haven't replaced shocks or anything else except tires.  My truck is still 100% factory stock.  I'm fortunate that my truck doesn't have the dreaded Chevy Shake - yet.   I did have torque converter shudder a few months ago which was fixed by the SB procedure; complete drain and flush of transmission including cooler, refill with new type tranny fluid (23 gallons) replaced filter.  No shudder now.  Truck does ride rougher than my 2008 though.  However, this truck is a 4X4 with towing package so guessing it has stiffer suspension than previous truck.  But, I'm getting older and less tolerant of constant thumpity thump of expansion joints and road feel from anti-skid groves scribed in the pavement.  I want to stay in a truck though as I tow a 6,200 lb TT occasionally.  Besides, my family says a truck "is me" so gotta stay with a truck, lol ?... 

What is this new type tranny fluid you speak of? I am just out of my warranty  period so I need to have this done independently 

Notice how that TSB days that if it happens in V4 mode then that is normal.....

Does anyone hear have an explanation as to why that's normal while in V4 mode?

Dropped my '16 Silverado off at dealer last night for the 8 speed shudder. Advisor called said they couldn't finish truck today so stop and get a loaner. I asked what the diagnosis was and was told they think they need to flush and change the fluid and maybe something with a valve. Tech was gone for the day. Didn't mention replacing the TC. If they only change the fluid have you guys had similar repair and has it been successful? Do they reset the warranty at this point, I have 22k on truck? And is this covered under 60k warranty or 36k under standard warranty? Thanks for your help..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On November 13, 2017 at 7:28 PM, Patriot78 said:

What is this new type tranny fluid you speak of? I am just out of my warranty  period so I need to have this done independently 

Well, went out to my truck and got the invoice so I could enter info correctly.  

COOLER FLUSH CODE 2.5GPM@80F CYCLE 1005 OADBCF4 COMPLETED.

PERFORMED FAST LEARN/ADAPTIVE TEST DRIVE, SHUDDER ELIMINATED, PERFORMED FAST

LEARN TEST DRIVE.  NORMAL OPERATION RESTORED.

8480478 FLUSH AND DRAIN FLUIDS FOR TRANSMISSION SHAKE AND/OR SHUDDER REPAIR. 25W

1  24274402 filter

23  19353429 fluid

FC:  3065

Part#:. 24274402

Count:. 1

Performed 16-NA-175  8480478  3.00  following 16-NA-175,  complete fluid exchange to LV FLUID,  test drive, shudder was eliminated performed fast learn and adaptive test drive, shift concerns were eliminated.  QC test drive with shop foreman, total miles 47, normal operation restored.  Cooler flush code 2.5GPM@80F cycle 1005 0ADBCF4 completed.

whew, I don't have a clue what much of this info means but if helpful you're welcome to use it.

good luck!

• Like 1