I don't recall hearing that many GMT900's having a vibration issue, and the frames are EXTREMEMLY similar between the two generations.

It comes down to defective axles, driveshafts, and torque converters.
It's just the byproduct of a stiff frame and not so well designed dampeners.

There are a multitude of issues that could cause the vibration as you just listed 3 and these stiff frames aren't doing anyone any favors on the vibration front.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Obscenejesster said:

There are a multitude of issues that could cause the vibration as you just listed 3 and these stiff frames aren't doing anyone any favors on the vibration front.

So you'd rather have a flexible frame, like the one under those UGLY POS Tundras, which is rigid as a wet noodle?

5 minutes ago, Obscenejesster said:

Actually, the Frames are insanely taught since the cross members were hydro formed for even more rigidity to transfer across the frame from back to front etc. vs 900 series.  The MAIN culprit is the SHEAR MOUNTS and LOCATIONS!  Added with a CAB STRUCTURE INSANELY built probably 50%+ stiffer over the 900's series... 

GM is fully aware of the situation added with out of tolerance components sourced from suppliers...no names mentioned....Look for major revisions at point of connections from CAB to Frame etc.  and obviously sourcing locally for rear end components has been addressed.  Thanks the new trucks LOOK SWEET from a couple birdies?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2017SierraSLT said:

So you'd rather have a flexible frame, like the one under those UGLY POS Tundras, which is rigid as a wet noodle?

You want to call other brands POS...have you read this post? Have you looked around this forum? 

I had one of these vibrators...not only that I had a lifter go in it's first 5K miles. Then you throw in the sloppy shifting and clunking driveline that every GM truck has ever had and you have a real winner. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Newm said:

You want to call other brands POS...have you read this post? Have you looked around this forum? 

I had one of these vibrators...not only that I had a lifter go in it's first 5K miles. Then you throw in the sloppy shifting and clunking driveline that every GM truck has ever had and you have a real winner. 

Mine and others have had perfect GM trucks. Get rid of your GM truck if you dislike it so much, and go buy a POS Ford, RAM, Toyota, or other brand. Whatever makes you happy.......

Edited by 2017SierraSLT

2 minutes ago, 2017SierraSLT said:

Mine and others have had perfect GM trucks. Get rid of your GM truck if you dislike it so much, and go buy a POS Ford, RAM, Toyota, or other brand. Whatever makes you happy.......

Just don't drive anything other than your perfect GM truck...that way you won't be disappointed in your blind brand loyalty.

And that truck was gone long ago thank god. I just drop in every once and awhile to see if there is resolution to this as I know how frustrating it is for the huge number of folks this affects.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Newm said:

Just don't drive anything other than your perfect GM truck...that way you won't be disappointed in your blind brand loyalty.

And that truck was gone long ago thank god. I just drop in every once and awhile to see if there is resolution to this as I know how frustrating it is for the huge number of folks this affects.  

You trolls need to find something else to occupy your time. Your opinions are not valued, or warranted.

This is the second perfect GM truck I have owned. The first one was (GASP) a GMT900, which according to a lot of idiots was a terrible truck.

Edited by 2017SierraSLT

13 minutes ago, 2017SierraSLT said:

You trolls need to find something else to occupy your time. Your opinions are not valued, or warranted.

This is the second perfect GM truck I have owned. The first one was (GASP) a GMT900, which according to a lot of idiots was a terrible truck.

You are an entertaining little man and I am far from a troll. Good idea removing the "GFY" you originally had in your post...because that just makes you look like an even weaker man with many insecurities. Who gets that worked up over a truck...that you bought, not built. Have a good day sir. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Newm said:

You are an entertaining little man and I am far from a troll. Good idea removing the "GFY" you originally had in your post...because that just makes you look like an even weaker man with many insecurities. Who gets that worked up over a truck...that you bought, not built. Have a good day sir. 

You say I have blind brand loyality. Far from it. I work on trucks from all manufacturers. These are the best by far. So sad you bought a turd... No, not really.

Have a nice life.

Had a 2002 Tahoe. Always having electrical problems and AC issues. Worst part was being stranded in Mississippi because the harness going to the fuel pump burned up. Had to wire it myself. And that incident also messed up my gauge cluster......and more.

2005 Avalanche. Electrical and AC problems. Replaced all electrical components to the AC system. Would not work. Guessing it's a harness issue. Mirrors stopped working. Radio stopped working. Taillight fell out...

2006 Colorado. Great truck until the valve seats came apart.

NOW. 2015 Sierra. Vibration/ resonance that I can't resolve. Radio stopped working.( Going to the dealer for that today) Motor was burning oil so I bought a tuner to turn off the AFM. Turning off the AFM fixed most of the shifting issues I had with the truck, but it's still clunky. Many of the suspension components were not torqued to spec. Shocks were bad at 23k miles...... I could be forgetting something.

I've always gone back to GM because I felt they had the best looking vehicles and usually the best price. But they burnt me 4 times in a row. I'm done.

Seeing fan boys on this forum is hilarious, but mostly just annoying for those of us that regret the poor investment we made.

Edited by lylknutsak
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, lylknutsak said:

Had a 2002 Tahoe. Always having electrical problems and AC issues. Worst part was being stranded in Mississippi because the harness going to the fuel pump burned up. Had to wire it myself. And that incident also messed up my gauge cluster......and more.

2005 Avalanche. Electrical and AC problems. Replaced all electrical components to the AC system. Would not work. Guessing it's a harness issue. Mirrors stopped working. Radio stopped working. Taillight fell out...

2006 Colorado. Great truck until the valve seats came apart.

NOW. 2015 Sierra. Vibration/ resonance that I can't resolve. Radio stopped working.( Going to the dealer for that today) Motor was burning oil so I bought a tuner to turn off the AFM. Turning off the AFM fixed most of the shifting issues I had with the truck, but it's still clunky. Many of the suspension components were not torqued to spec. Shocks were bad at 23k miles...... I could be forgetting something.

I've always gone back to GM because I felt they had the best looking vehicles and usually the best price. But they burnt me 4 times in a row. I'm done.

Seeing fan boys on this forum is hilarious, but mostly just annoying for those of us that regret the poor investment we made.

Sorry to hear about your issues. I know the frustration when you spend that kind of money "on a perfect truck" and it turns into a made in Mexico heaping pile. Best of luck to you in whatever way you chose to resolve your situation. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Orlando8 said:

So far (knock on wood ) my truck has been perfect and no I ma not brand loyal. I actually came to GM after a lifetime of being a Ford owner. Never had any real issues with them either

Agree! I've had a couple Fords starting with a 1978, had a 1992 Dodge Cumins, but my 2015 2500 HD duramax is the best truck I've owned so

far!  No Vibs on mine.  Mine is a club cab with full length bed, wonder if these vibs are confined to short bed trucks. Don't see many long beds

on the road around here.

DSC_0015.JPG

• Thanks 1