I'm in MA as well bought a 2016 Ram Laramie Crew without air ride - I loved the truck and miss it but I ended up trading it back in due to having a persistent shaking on the highway.  I had two sets of tires and four road force balances but still couldn't pin point it.  A mechanic I brought  it to said it felt more like the MDS was causing the shaking at 40mph and then above 60mph but at the end of the day I couldn't live with it. 

I traded it in and didn't take much of a beating to get my wife a 17 Grand Cherokee that she wanted.  I am waiting to find the Lariat 5.0 I can afford but can't justify it at the moment with two kids in daycare. 

8 hours ago, stevec1129 said:

I'm in MA as well bought a 2016 Ram Laramie Crew without air ride - I loved the truck and miss it but I ended up trading it back in due to having a persistent shaking on the highway.  I had two sets of tires and four road force balances but still couldn't pin point it.  A mechanic I brought  it to said it felt more like the MDS was causing the shaking at 40mph and then above 60mph but at the end of the day I couldn't live with it. 

I traded it in and didn't take much of a beating to get my wife a 17 Grand Cherokee that she wanted.  I am waiting to find the Lariat 5.0 I can afford but can't justify it at the moment with two kids in daycare. 

Good to know, I noticed a shake in the last 3 rams I test drove, both coil and air had it. They were short drives, and it seemed like it was going away the more we drove. I'm not willing to risk that and deal with it again. Ram is out.

I’m in MA also. I test drove a 2017 RAM Laramie in Worcester back in May of this year. Beautiful, loaded to the max truck, but when I took it for a test drive it shook like crazy on the highway. Thinking it may just be flat spots on the tires from sitting on the lot, I asked them to check it, and to call me when it was ready for a second test drive.

At that point, they said they wouldn’t send it to service to be addressed unless I put a $500 deposit on it. They were adamant about it. I laughed in their face and walked. Ended up with a 2017 shake free Silverado midnight edition a week later.

Had that RAM drove as good as it looked, I’d probably be driving it today.

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 11:17 PM, Jesse Davidson said:

Thanks SB. It's unfortunate about the truck, but atleast I'm ok.

I have prices for a new near identical 2018 F150 = 56,748

A 2017 Platinum (not like my old truck) = 54,930

A new 2017 Ram Limited fully loaded = 47,490 if I finance through chrysler

not sure what I'll end up doing, I liked them both but I thought I'd be getting a better deal on the ram after factoring in the below invoice and incentives from my corporate discount....

Thanks for the info. I test drove both the air and the coils tonight, and the Air was definitely a better ride. Just about anything is better than a truck with the shakes.

Have you settled with the insurance yet? In most states, the insurance is required to make you whole, putting you back in pre-accident condition. They do everything possible to get you to settle for less.

Man oh man, I read your post about all the damage to your truck and have to say it definitely was your lucky day.  What happened?  Read your post about discovering the shakes in some Ram trucks.  Was surprised to learn that Ram has the problem too.  I know you've sworn of GM but wondering if you've driven a Sierra Denali with Magnetic Ride?  I'm kinda interested in this system.  Btw, I've never heard you mention towing or heavy hauling.  So, maybe a smaller truck would work for you?  Jeep is coming out with a pickup, might be interesting.  Below is a link,  good looking truck.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a32822/jeep-wrangler-pickup-late-2019/

well, good luck with your truck hunt.  Let us know what you buy.  SB

Just an FYI. After the many attempts taking my shaker to the dealership for the vibrations and them replacing the rear axels, pico scope scans, alignments, balances, transmission flashing, replacing the driveshaft, etc..... I contacted a lemon lawyer. After going through paper work and pulling up the vehicle history report we found that the dealerships have been screwing me. Instead of acknowledging the work being done to the truck was found due to vibrations, they have just been writing it up as basic services and or maintenance. So in short, for the last 3 years of me bringing the truck in when I can due to vibrations and issues on paper it only looks like the vehicle required maintenance and recalls which in turn leaves me out of luck for the lemon law. SNEAKY SNEAKY!

The only fixes I have seen is when the rear axles are changed with aftermarket. There's a few guys that have swapped to Yukon axles and have not had any vibration since. I'm waiting for the cash to do them myself, since it's the last thing on the list besides a new truck.
Here's one.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

does anyone have a video of a shaking truck WITHOUT the bench seat in front? just curious as I know i mentioned it before, but seems that all the videos are of bench seats. 

does the denali magnetic ride suffer from shakes? I drove my dad's 2017 Yukon XL Denali back to back with my SLT Sierra and was blown away by how smooth his was. Then got immediately pissed how bad mine was, ha!

I'm about to replace my axles as well as upgrade to 5100 shocks in hopes of elevating the shakes

does anyone have a video of a shaking truck WITHOUT the bench seat in front? just curious as I know i mentioned it before, but seems that all the videos are of bench seats. 

does the denali magnetic ride suffer from shakes? I drove my dad's 2017 Yukon XL Denali back to back with my SLT Sierra and was blown away by how smooth his was. Then got immediately pissed how bad mine was, ha!

I'm about to replace my axles as well as upgrade to 5100 shocks in hopes of elevating the shakes

Here ya go. The trucks with the bench and fold down center amplify the shake since there's a lot of flex in how it mounts.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

On 11/28/2017 at 11:53 PM, polarys425 said:

Have you settled with the insurance yet? In most states, the insurance is required to make you whole, putting you back in pre-accident condition. They do everything possible to get you to settle for less.

Yes, they did very good by me. they actually valued the truck higher than I came up with. I also got new vehicle replacement so I got an additional 6k on top of it.

On 11/29/2017 at 6:08 AM, Snoringbear said:

Man oh man, I read your post about all the damage to your truck and have to say it definitely was your lucky day.  What happened?  Read your post about discovering the shakes in some Ram trucks.  Was surprised to learn that Ram has the problem too.  I know you've sworn of GM but wondering if you've driven a Sierra Denali with Magnetic Ride?  I'm kinda interested in this system.  Btw, I've never heard you mention towing or heavy hauling.  So, maybe a smaller truck would work for you?  Jeep is coming out with a pickup, might be interesting.  Below is a link,  good looking truck.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a32822/jeep-wrangler-pickup-late-2019/

well, good luck with your truck hunt.  Let us know what you buy.  SB

Hey SB, yes, it definitely was my lucky day. The 2017 Denali I got after my Silverado had the magnetic ride.....I had it for a week before trading it for the ford. I was informed by the sales manager at the Ford dealer that the person who bought it had the same vibration and is now suing GM over the truck. I had my suspicions when I was driving it. Glad its not my headache though...

I'm actually leaning toward getting a fully loaded Audi A4, driving into Boston is a major PITA with a truck, not to mention the Audi costs 21k less and gets about double the fuel economy. I'd use the money for other things haha.

• Like 1

Just an FYI. After the many attempts taking my shaker to the dealership for the vibrations and them replacing the rear axels, pico scope scans, alignments, balances, transmission flashing, replacing the driveshaft, etc..... I contacted a lemon lawyer. After going through paper work and pulling up the vehicle history report we found that the dealerships have been screwing me. Instead of acknowledging the work being done to the truck was found due to vibrations, they have just been writing it up as basic services and or maintenance. So in short, for the last 3 years of me bringing the truck in when I can due to vibrations and issues on paper it only looks like the vehicle required maintenance and recalls which in turn leaves me out of luck for the lemon law. SNEAKY SNEAKY!
Don't you get a print out of the work done each time. Also the Chevy owners website that has all the stuff about your vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Not sure if axles fix the shake or not but shocks might. I say this because my truck had the shake but after I put a 6in lift on the truck the shake disappeared and never came back. People that ride in the truck commented on how smooth it got after the lift was put on. Have had it up to 95 and still no shake. Not sure how the lift got rid of the shake but it did.

Not sure if axles fix the shake or not but shocks might. I say this because my truck had the shake but after I put a 6in lift on the truck the shake disappeared and never came back. People that ride in the truck commented on how smooth it got after the lift was put on. Have had it up to 95 and still no shake. Not sure how the lift got rid of the shake but it did.

After your lift, did you change anything else? Also, what does a 6" lift entail? Shocks? Springs? Struts?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

After your lift, did you change anything else? Also, what does a 6" lift entail? Shocks? Springs? Struts?

I saw somewhere that the front cross member needs to be re-torqued. In most cases with a good lift, the cross member is replaced which explains the shake being fixed.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The two biggest parts are front and rear cross members, and steering knuckles. The rear got new shocks the front factory. The rear had a leaf added and blocks. Then all the other little things. So not sure if it's a specific thing or the lift as a whole took the shake away.