15 Silverado/Sierra 1500 towing capacity lower with J2807 standard

Zane

What I meant was if I have a 1,600lb load capacity what does that number tell me I can tow? Nothing, I still have to know what the truck can tow apart from load capacity. What I said what you have to know load capacity to subtract it was max trailer weight but load capacity tells you nothing more than what the truck can haul not tow.

• 2 months later...

I have a 14 Silverado Double Cab 4WD with the 6.2 and the 3.42 axle. The 14 rating was 9500, or 100 lbs. less than a similar configured 5.3. I see now the same configured 2015 6.2 with the 3.42 axle is rated 11,800 or an increase of 2300 lbs. I know the 14 with the 3.42 was not the NHT where the 2015 does. The NHT option increases the ring gear from 9.5 to 9.76; rear axle rating from 3950 to 4100 with no increase in the overall 7200 GVWR. Doesn't seem likely the NHT bits account for much of the 2300 lbs. increase. I believe the 2014 6.2 was way under rated.

it has more todo with the rear spring capacity there stiffer that's why you can't get the z71 in the NHT thats one of the things the sae j2807 has todo with