GMC shows off updated 2016 Sierra

Zane

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome. My truck just had it's first oil change and it's already out of date

& now you know why they want you back at the dealership to change your oil at round 2. They know you will walk the lot when the 2016's roll in.

Anyone know if the wifi update in the 2015 and the Apple Carplay in the 2016 will be available through a software or firmware update on the 2014 Sierra?

Pretty sure I read elsewhere on this forum the '14/'15 system would not support Apple car play. Would assume the same for the in vehicle wifi.

I like the split of the Denali grill, but dislike the design. I like the LED Tails, I dont like the C-Shape LED's on the headlights, pretty ugly. All in all, happy I bought mine when I did. LED Tails look like they can be swapped, shape looks the same, but tough to tell.

How about keyless ignition?

God damn, that is the one thing that really matters, my freaking key fob banging into the column shifter is yet to stop annoying me... I stand by my 29K MSRP Golf TDI had true keyless entry and pushbutton ignition, why they hell is not an option on a 59K MSRP vehicle. I miss it more than anything else about my Golf, and I though I wouldn't really care much for it when I bought that car. I still hop into my remote started truck all the damn time, and get annoyed to have to dig keys out of my pocket before I can get going on my merry way.

Cosmetic updates mostly, car play is nice and would be great if the 14/15 can have a software update to make it work, but not worth trading in just for that. Would like to see a substantial update to engine/transmission/fuel economy and rear seat a/c outlets. Windows that roll down with the remote is the best upgrade the 15's got that I wish could be added to my 14.

The grills on the 14/15 GMC were way better looking than the Silverado's. Too much chrome on the fronts of those Silverado's but now that they've toned it down I'm about even on the looks. I like the fenders and the plastic protectors around the wheel wells on the GMC. Those of us that spend a lot of time on gravel roads appreciate not having to touch up the chips all the time.

Archived