Penance's 2016 GMC Denali 1500 Build

Penance

I start back to work this week and will be driving 40 miles round trip each day so I should be able to tell better on the mileage. The speedometer is good to go. One thing to note is the I2 will not tune your TCM yet. They say they are working on this in a future update. So shifting still seems to be the same.

Well it looks like I was incorrect on the speedometer being correct. I ended up getting a gps to test if it was correct and it looks like no matter what tire size I set it at the speedometer stays the same amount off. I also tested this with my iPhone and a road side speed sign. So the Diablo tuner is going back. I will most likely be looking into a Blackbear tune.

• 3 weeks later...

Any update on the tuner? I have not purchased one for my truck. Lift and tires were ordered earlier this week, the shop is backed up and won't do the install for 2-3 weeks. It gives me some time to research and decide what to do. The shop owner said he doesn't tune his own vehicles. Can you tell me the pros and cons of tuning? Warranty issues, performance, etc? I have never lifted or tuned a truck before.

• 10 months later...

Love the truck. This is why I wanted the truck I bought on this go around to be white, but made a deal on a black one :(

Do you have any other front shots besides the down low one that show the offset of the wheels how they sit with the tires? Shopping my next set of wheels.

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful! How do you like the Fabtech? I just picked up a 17 Denali CC Standard Box yesterday, planning my build now - up in the air between Fabtech and BDS. Apologize in advance for the barrage of questions - feel free to answer what you like.

Did you install traction bars with the lift? I see BDS has these available for an extra $600 or so. Not sure if they're needed with the 6.2 or not.

Do you have any rubbing with the 35x12.5's with the -24 offset? Did you have to trim?

Do you have a picture straight on of how much they stick past the fenders currently? I'll be getting Bushwackers as well, ideally looking for a setup that will have the fire flush with the pocket flare when all is said and done.

Thanks in advance, and sweet truck!!

Archived