GM Crushed Ford In July Pickup Sales

Gorehamj

post-139450-0-10794900-1470768271_thumb.jpeg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
8-9-2016

In the month of July, GM's pickup sales simply crushed Ford's. Ford sold a respectable 65,657 F-150 trucks. Since Ford has decided to sit out the dramatic expansion of the midsize truck market, that is the total pickup sales for Ford last month. GM's full size pickups, the Silverado and Sierra beat the F-150 with a combined total of 76,544 units delivered.

post-139450-0-90046400-1470768328_thumb.jpg

Add in the Colorado and Canyon's combined total of 12,727 and it is a rout. GM's pickup truck sales topped Ford's by about 36%. Year to date Ford is still ahead by about 30,000 trucks over GM. Do you think GM will top Ford overall by year's end?

Ford is a joke......They include results that only say...F-series! yippee! GM sells more 1/2 tons and almost always has. They make AMERICA think it's the best selling and also have snowballed the people on 2.7 and 3.5 ECOBOOSTS.....Please go buy yourself a FORD and post back @ 60,000 miles!

Ford has way better marketing! Not engines/transmissions.........vehicles! SO, Nope GM will not top F-series numbers....

I have never seen so many gm in the real world, my locale.

it is freakish.

I caught on, july 4th going to a public boat landing.

the whole damn lot with boat trailers was nearly 100% gm trucks.

out of 15 - 20 or so that fit there.. my 96 was the oldest.

anyway, they go much bigger ..

ford dodge all of them, worldwide numbers.

found this at gm.com

Industry Sales

• GM estimates that the seasonally adjusted annual selling rate (SAAR) for light vehicles in July was 17.9 million units. On a calendar year-to-date basis, GM estimates the light-vehicle SAAR was 17.3 million units
  • Year to date, industry sales are up nearly 1 percent, compared to 2015

is a unit a vehicle?

holy crap.

Ford is a joke......They include results that only say...F-series! yippee! GM sells more 1/2 tons and almost always has. They make AMERICA think it's the best selling and also have snowballed the people on 2.7 and 3.5 ECOBOOSTS.....Please go buy yourself a FORD and post back @ 60,000 miles!

Ford has way better marketing! Not engines/transmissions.........vehicles! SO, Nope GM will not top F-series numbers....

Gm does something similar with their marketing. They always include sierra and Silverado in the total sales.

I live in an older subdivision, with maybe 30 other houses, and in the past couple months 3 new 2016's have been added to driveways. My 2015 makes 4 K2s in my neighborhood. No tundras or nissans. A couple F150s, rams, and older silverados. Strange (and nice) to see so many GM vehicles in my neighborhood (quite a few midsize and fullsize GM suv's as well.)

Ford has way better marketing! Not engines/transmissions

Same for Toyota, awesome marketing, so so trucks. Not bad, but not all they tout it to be. Ever noticed how Toyota commercials are rarely about the vehicle, and more about actors and a story line not always related to the vehicle? Hmmm....

Anyway, I guess GM's latest commercials have put some "dents and holes" in Ford sales. :)

Same for Toyota, awesome marketing, so so trucks. Not bad, but not all they tout it to be. Ever noticed how Toyota commercials are rarely about the vehicle, and more about actors and a story line not always related to the vehicle? Hmmm....

Anyway, I guess GM's latest commercials have put some "dents and holes" in Ford sales. :)

Agreed, I've noticed Ford has been touting their "Military Grade Aluminum" spiel more & more in their commercials ever since GM put out the "tool box falling into the bed" of their "Military Grade Aluminum" truck box and putting a hole in it. I don't know about those idiots at Ford but if it were me I'd rather be behind "Military Grade Steel" than "Military Grade Aluminum" if someone was shooting at me.

I think those sales numbers come from the same polling outfit that does Hitlery Clinton's results ...

I don't think either company sells as much as they say.

I bought mine in July too. My dealer added another 5% to the GM Discount, for a total discount of 25%. Allowed me to get a loaded SLT Sierra instead of the mid-level LT Chevy I had been considering previously.

Archived