SURPRISE: 2019 Silverado unveiled in Texas during 100 year celebration

Zane

I kinda like it. I’m sure it will grow on me. Looks better than storm trooper front end. 

Pics of the interior? Guessing that hasn’t changed much. 

Gmc will make us wait until Detroit Auto show in January?

i assume HD’s will follow suit in 2020 or 2021. 

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not a photoshop like I was hoping.

No surprise that GM is going this way, since everybody can get a car loan now.....

It looks kinda cool in a way, but the design is too "hectic", too "Baja" for me.

Guess I'm getting too old.

A little disappointed.

Lets see what they look like in real life.

so long

j-ten-ner

Looks good to me, I do wonder how the bumper holds up against chips since it is painted instead of chrome. The blue paint on the 100 year special edition truck is one of the nicest color for a truck, I wish the color was available in a regular cab.

I like the looks of this new version but it doesn't make me like my current truck any less.  I don't share the idea that it looks like other brands.  It has a unique and distinctive GM look, imo.  

Like the last few Chevy updates I'm middle of the road on it at first but have ended up really liking certain models over time at the very least. I'm looking forward to seeing powertrain, interior and function improvements and even more curious about the GMC update. This update was not as conservative as I thought it would be at least at this initial level.  I'm not a brand loyal guy and would switch in flash to another brand but this model has peaked my interest enough to look forward to what they have in store for the HD's, specifically a more powerful gas engine.  

18 hours ago, martha3065 said:

Personally I like the lake of chrome, but not a fan of the black bumpers, grille, handles, and mirrors. Or that the mirrors are on the doors. Hate the embossed tailgate.

The black bumpers are for the trail boss edition. The regular models will still have chrome. I disagree I love the embossed tailgate

16 hours ago, Zipsort said:

I don't like it at all.  I had the same thoughts as everyone.  Front end looks like a ford, and the back like a toyota.  I do not like.

Huh? The front end looks nothing like a ford. Not even close. Have you compared the 2 side by side? I see not one piece of resemblance.

This looks more like the 2004 - 07 Silverado angry look. Regardless I think it looks badass and can't wait to see the Sierra.

33 years later and I cannot bring myself to trusts chev/gm's logistical research on new truck materials and design.

You see in 1973 my Dad bought a bought a beautiful, shiny fully loaded Cheyenne Super truck. Blue and White and good looking for the first 16 1/2 months, then........

Little did we know that GM/Chev built the struck with inferior metal that had either been recycled or not even primed for Rust/Corrosion protection. Seems that Chev/GM omitted telling their customers that the truck will rust and corrode with 18 months of owner ship.

My Dad's truck lasted 26 moths until the hood front and hinges, door jambs and floors gave way to runaway rust, perforated metal corrosion in places never seen on any other year of manufacture other than 1973. This is explains why you do not see this 1973 year used trucks for sale. (RARE to find)

Any customer for that current year model got ripped off and Chev/GM kept a silent voice regarding these issues, they simply swept it under the rug and after the 1974 models came out, it seem the problem quietly went away as none of the post 1974 trucks had the recurring RUST problem.

So when I look at this 2019 Chevy I see a FORD/TUNDRA hybrid that looks awkward at best in rear lights and tailgate, front end has thin side by side headlights that give the TRUCK an oriental squint instead of a broad mean grin out of the grill accompanied by the dual bright headlights of the previous year's model.

As far as I can see this is another experimental stage for a Proven Truck that did not need a body rear redesign, much less with similarities to competitors models that Chevy outsells in the first place.

Don't MESS WITH A PRODUCT THAT IS PROVEN , it just kills any expectation of bold leadership , and lazy designers that have become complacent with their jobs...

Good Luck, by the way I own and 2015 high country 2500 diesel, and that is a real trunk nest to any FORD< TUNDRA,NISSAN OR DODGE product out there.

Jack Dali

4 hours ago, Yotaman said:

I hope they copied Toyota Reliability as well. Looks a whole lotta Tundra to me.

Yotaman

What gives you the idea that Crapota has better reliability with the Tundra vs the other trucks? 

Archived