Two easy ways to turn off the engine auto start system in the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 since they do not give you an off switch 

here's the video link :) let me know if you have any questions 

Two easy ways to turn off the engine auto start system in the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 since they do not give you an off switch 

here's the video link [emoji4] let me know if you have any questions 

Is this only for 2018 models? I have a 2017 Allstar, does it have this feature?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jmiller11331 said:

He has e assist in his truck.  They are the only ones with auto start stop feature.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jmiller11331 said:

I have a 2016 all star edition with the e assist package and if you check your window sticker it will let you know if you have the e assist package if you'd like I can post a picture of mine for comparison 

41 minutes ago, O_J_Simpson said:

The Fords are permanently bypassed with a single wire used as a jumper on the switch. A simple solution that should have never been a problem in the first place, Ford or GM.

Yea wish they would have took the time to add in one button for us

If I'm understanding you correctly, this is what Honda refers to as "Auto-Stop."  When you come to a complete stop, AC is NOT max'd, E-brake is completely released, the engine stops, until you release the brake to continue on your journey.  IT SUCKS!!!!  If you're stopped, engine is off, and something comes up that you have to haul A out of there or get creamed/crushed, the delay in the engine restarting will NOT allow you to get out of the way. 

I understand that this situation is rare, but I'd rather "be able to get out of the way and not have to, rather than needing to get out of the way and CAN'T!!"

• Like 1

The issue of being able to move NOW can’t be understated. But it brings up a compounding factor. How do these systems fare 10 years down the road? For the people who don’t take perfect care of their vehicle and one that may not always start on the first try.

Maybe you can’t move.

Maybe there’s a code that’s thrown that disables it.

Maybe the code isn’t thrown till the first time it fails.

Maybe that first time is the time you needed to MOVE.

If there’s ever a time for the overactive automotive lawyers to get involved in the creation and implementation of a feature, I would think this is it.

6 hours ago, x219c said:

The issue of being able to move NOW can’t be understated. But it brings up a compounding factor. How do these systems fare 10 years down the road? For the people who don’t take perfect care of their vehicle and one that may not always start on the first try.

Maybe you can’t move.

Maybe there’s a code that’s thrown that disables it.

Maybe the code isn’t thrown till the first time it fails.

Maybe that first time is the time you needed to MOVE.

If there’s ever a time for the overactive automotive lawyers to get involved in the creation and implementation of a feature, I would think this is it.

These are valid points. I looked at an e assist, and I was hesitant because I tend to keep vehicles, so I was perhaps overly cautious in avoiding that model. 

I had AutoStartStop on my BMW, I coded it to never function again.... That car was amazing for what you could do to it with just a laptop and a "how to speak German for dummies" book :)

Edited by FHLH
  • Like 1