Yukon Axle Shafts Ordered

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I would definatly swap out out those OEM factory 20" monster rims guys!!! They are made in China if you take em off and look on the inside rim. they come will really low quality tires too, the treads chunk off and fall apart after 10k miles.. next step install a quality US made set of tires. preferably Goodyear $$$. I recommend getting a set of takeoffs from the 18" Z71 rims and a high quality tire before you chase your tail swaping driveline parts 

Edited by flyingfool

23 hours ago, flyingfool said:

I would definatly swap out out those OEM factory 20" monster rims guys!!! They are made in China if you take em off and look on the inside rim. they come will really low quality tires too, the treads chunk off and fall apart after 10k miles.. next step install a quality US made set of tires. preferably Goodyear $$$. I recommend getting a set of takeoffs from the 18" Z71 rims and a high quality tire before you chase your tail swaping driveline parts 

The low quality tires you speak of ARE Goodyear, they suck.

19 minutes ago, Lsgun1 said:

The low quality tires you speak of ARE Goodyear, they suck.

what model goodyears?  why do they suck?

if the tires aren't the problem then I would start with the Chinese made 20" OEM rims. dump those turds. the mexicans think they're awsome and pay big bux for them so , unload those wobly goblins on em.

Edited by flyingfool

they wear very evenly in the dry California  roads , they should wear out faster cause they're so damn grippy, this doesnt mean they suck. they do what they where designed to do. I've had Goodyear pilots  on other cars, which only last 10-12k miles, but they dont suck. traction all day long.  now a hard cheapo tire that came factory on the 20" wagon wheels lasted longer but did chunk apart and has shitty grip