New member. Please let me know there's an error with my post. I've found two security issues on my 2019 Silverado and wondering if I'm missing something before contacting Chevy. 1. I can start the truck as usual with keys in the vehicle, then place the keys outside the vehicle and drive away, miles away, turn off the engine and restart the truck, repeatedly. It only presents a problem when you turn the truck off AND open the door. Then, it will not restart. 2. If you find the truck unlocked and you do not have your key fob, there is no way to lock the truck. You can press the lock button but it immediately unlocks.  Any help is appreciated. 

Welcome!!

#2 not being able to lock the door without the fob is as designed. It’s a proximity feature so you don’t lock the keys in the car. 

As for it starting without the fob, are you sue the second fob isn’t in the truck somewhere? BMW has a valet feature that will allow a restart without the fob as long as it’s within 30 seconds of turning it off. 

Edited by Cmillerjr

Sounds like #1 would be an issue since you have to open the door to get in, unless you have a window open or the glass is broke and then crawl in.

#2 doesn't make sense.  It should lock, but not if the FOB is in the vehicle. 

Also, how far from home were you when you had to call someone to get you when you turned the truck off and opened the door to see if it would restart and it didn't?

Of course you need to have the fob to start the truck. But once started...every car I have driven with push button start will let you drive off without the fob.  It should beep at you in the first few seconds letting you know. 

• 1 year later...