What shocks to get!?

Please help.  I am getting the 4.5 zone lift on my 2017 Silverado and am wanting to upgrade my rear and front shocks!  I’ve heard a lot about Bilstein and Fox but wanna make sure I get the right fit and best bang for my buck.  Any advice would be helpfull!  Thank you! 

Edited by Lstarr87

1 hour ago, HeySkippyDog said:

Bilsteins are too short for you at 4.5".

You better open your wallet up.

no they're not. you can basically use any shocks, the zone uses the stock shock/spring  and achieves ride height by using a top spacer.

you sir are fake news.

Edited by arkenzo

dang y'all I dont care about the bear.  I dont know who that is.  I just wanna know opinions about what shocks to get.  I like the fox shocks.  but I am not sure about the front replacements because the kit can be upgraded with the rear shocks but with the fronts it only gives the option for full coil over.  What should I put on the front with a 4.5 lift???

34 minutes ago, Lstarr87 said:

dang y'all I dont care about the bear.  I dont know who that is.  I just wanna know opinions about what shocks to get.  I like the fox shocks.  but I am not sure about the front replacements because the kit can be upgraded with the rear shocks but with the fronts it only gives the option for full coil over.  What should I put on the front with a 4.5 lift???

If you don't want to pay for full coil overs, then the 5100s will serve you well. That's what I am running. They're better than stock, but obviously the coil overs will be your best ride option. 

Could also go fox 2.0 coil overs for 0-2" lift height and keep the zone top spacer. 

I will always recommend custom tuned fox 2.5 from accutune shocks. Give him a call he will make sure the shocks have the correct travel, length and valuing you need. You give him the details about your truck. He may ask for measurements. The set he built me blew away the icons I had away. Oh and by the way he use to be an engineer for fox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Bilsteins are too short for you at 4.5".

You better open your wallet up.

They make Bilsteins for the 4.5” rear lift, I’ve got a brand new set as backup just in case. The front uses your front with a spacer up top and rears are much longer.

Sent from above

I have the 4.5" Zone, i run the bilstein 5100s in the front , and the fox 2.0's in the rear (purchased directly from zone). you can run the fox 2.0's WITH the top spacer, fox 2.5's in replacement of the top spacer, or order any plethora of custom coilovers that company's like king will make to your exact specifications if you're willing to pay

Edited by jimmyboy8301

Please help.  I am getting the 4.5 zone lift on my 2017 Silverado and am wanting to upgrade my rear and front shocks!  I’ve heard a lot about Bilstein and Fox but wanna make sure I get the right fit and best bang for my buck.  Any advice would be helpfull!  Thank you! 

Coil Overs give the best ride quality. You don’t really need resi’s unless you’re really pounding the washboard roads. Look at CST, Fox and King, they’re excellent quality but each ride differently. I’m also running 20x9’s 295/60/20 (34”) Nitto Ridge Grapplers.

Here’s my 18, CC, 6.2 with a CST 4.5” lift and CST Coil overs, rear Piggyback resi’s

a0fe3a66b6ca0c38a6ec80909b2721fd.jpg

3333bede2094135617c6c1cd2abc01b7.jpg

00eb1f2a3de672715b2eaf76e6867611.jpg

4f452c8e5ef73a4edf07fb7624ef0c51.jpg

Sent from above

Bilsteins are great entry level performance upgrade shocks. If you’re on a budget just use your stock front shocks until you can get coil overs or just do Bilsteins front and back which won’t soften the ride quality at all, just help with the swaying and better steering response. I’ve got a brand new set of Bilsteins front and back as backup, Good luck!

On 2/25/2019 at 9:03 AM, TXGREEK said:

Btw, mind entertaining us with some pictures of your lifted truck?

Sent from above

Getting it lifted on th 7th this month.  I’ll post when I do.  Was just wondering a good shock to better ride quality and be quite a bit better than the ranchos that are on it.  

• Like 1

Getting it lifted on th 7th this month.  I’ll post when I do.  Was just wondering a good shock to better ride quality and be quite a bit better than the ranchos that are on it.  

Bilsteins are good shocks but they’re not very smooth, considered more of performance intro shocks but they’re not bad especially great so you can save up and get coil overs which give the best ride. I’ve got the CST 4.5” along with front coil overs that are made for the 4.5 lift and rear piggyback resi’s with an add a leaf just to give me a solid height cause I don’t like the California rake at all. This your first lift?

Sent from above

1 hour ago, TXGREEK said:

Bilsteins are good shocks but they’re not very smooth, considered more of performance intro shocks but they’re not bad especially great so you can save up and get coil overs which give the best ride. I’ve got the CST 4.5” along with front coil overs that are made for the 4.5 lift and rear piggyback resi’s with an add a leaf just to give me a solid height cause I don’t like the California rake at all. This your first lift?

Sent from above

That sounds like you got great ride quality.  And yes sir it’s my first lift!  And I really appreciate all the advice.  I’m not wanting to break the bank so that’s why I respect others advice and input that have been down this road before!

• Like 1

That sounds like you got great ride quality.  And yes sir it’s my first lift!  And I really appreciate all the advice.  I’m not wanting to break the bank so that’s why I respect others advice and input that have been down this road before!

Just do the Bilstein 5100’s front and back, they come longer in the rear making up the difference for the new rear blocks you should be getting with your 4.5” lift. Be forewarned, with that lift you will get a wider track width which will cause your wheels and tires to stick out more as well as widen your turning radius. You’ll most likely need to get rear spacers too so you can match the front track width. This is why I went with CST amongst other reasons. Just holler and post pics once you’re done, pick out new wheels and tires yet?

Sent from above