In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
Gorehamj

That Went By Fast! GMC Shines Spotlight On Sierra Updates For 2020

2020-GMC-Sierra-Denali-038.jpg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
5-17-2019

And just like that, the all-new 2019 Sierra is last year's model!  Yes, GMC is starting to prepare the 2020 model year Sierras for sale, despite it not even being Memorial Day in America yet. GMC calls its updates to the Sierra for 2020 "A robust portfolio of technologies." Does that make you want to rush out and get the 2019 lacking the robust portfolio?  

“The Sierra is delivering the tech customers want in the light-duty truck market, and the 2020 model demonstrates that Professional Grade means never slowing down,” said Duncan Aldred, vice president of Global GMC. “In just its first year on the market, the 2019 Sierra introduced the available, industry-first CarbonPro Bed and MultiPro tailgate. The truck’s 2020 updates show how the Sierra continues to raise the bar year in and year out.”

2020-GMC-Sierra-cam.jpg

Here is a rundown of what changes Sierra shoppers can expect for the new 2020 model year truck:

-Available Enhanced ProGrade Trailering features a segment-first transparent trailer view, originally introduced on the soon-to-launch 2020 Sierra HD, with a segment-leading 15 total available camera views.
-Available Camera-equipped adaptive cruise control system. The system features a single high-mounted camera behind the rearview mirror and can bring the Sierra to a complete stop.
-Elevation model now offered in Crew Cab configuration.
-First full model-year availability of the 3.0L Duramax turbo-diesel and the CarbonPro Editions with the carbon fiber bed (both late 2019 model year additions).
-Available 3.0L Duramax turbo-diesel added to CarbonPro Edition propulsion options, previously offered only with 6.2L V-8.
-10-speed automatic transmission availability expands to 5.3L V-8 models (SLT, AT4 and Denali models with 4WD).
-New trailer tow mirrors are available as a free-flow option.
-8-inch-diagonal infotainment system now capable of supporting SiriusXM with 360L (if equipped).

-2020, Sierra 1500 will be available with the upgraded 15-camera ProGrade Trailering System introduced earlier this year on the 2020 Sierra HD.

- The in-vehicle Trailering App has updated features and enhanced mobile integration for 2020

Nice!  :thumbs:

But no RAM like interior or Mega-Screen……  :(

Adding the 10-speed to the 5.3L DFM is a nice option. That alone would cause me to consider a trade in of my 2019 for a 2020, even though my 8-speed has performed pretty well IMO. 

On 5/17/2019 at 12:46 PM, Sierra Dan said:

Why is that important?

• Like 1

Looks like my next truck :)

• Like 1

mid cycle refresh in 2021 or 2020?

K2xx Generation got a face-lift 2 years in....

Any idea when they will begin producing the 2020 models, or when we could expect them on dealer lots. ? If you ordered one now would you get a 2020? I was about to buy a 2019 in the next two weeks but I really wanted adaptive cruise control. 

On 5/17/2019 at 1:46 PM, Sierra Dan said:

Correct, no car interior or gimmicky computer screen! 

Tyler

On 5/18/2019 at 9:29 PM, Colossus said:

Why is that important?

It isn't.

I was being Sarcastic :thumbs:

Cameras and software are cheap, throw abunch of those in the trucks, that'll sell 'em.

...seriously, the Ram interior is beyond comparison more luxurious.

Newsflash GM et. al., trucks aren't just used in construction/farming anymore, if marketing is selling a luxury truck, better have the goods to back it up. 

53 minutes ago, asilverblazer said:

Cameras and software are cheap, throw abunch of those in the trucks, that'll sell 'em.

Newsflash GM et. al., trucks aren't just used in construction/farming anymore, if marketing is selling a luxury truck, better have the goods to back it up. 

Totally agree. I know this drum is beat a lot around here, but rightfully so. 

Let's all think back 10 years to any Ram or FCA product we sat in. Remember those old analog clocks they had in the Chryslers? LOL. This is who GM (and Ford, too!) is being outpaced by. Ouch. 

13 hours ago, econometrics said:

Totally agree. I know this drum is beat a lot around here, but rightfully so. 

Let's all think back 10 years to any Ram or FCA product we sat in. Remember those old analog clocks they had in the Chryslers? LOL. This is who GM (and Ford, too!) is being outpaced by. Ouch. 

Outpaced in looks maybe. Chrysler/Ram reliability is still among the worst in the business and their owners find that out quickly. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, asilverblazer said:

I think this is the problems with our trucks now, new soccer mom van. Get out of my trucks that I work  in, all this bull shit for comfort and convince and safety. To get any of the good things that we need, we have to get lane following, pedestrian avoidance, it goes on and on. Ridiculous, hate this new system.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1