The AT4 I purchased from the dealer, had everything but the performance package I wanted. So, the same day, I paid the extra cost to have it added. 

Once it was finished, I was excited about the purchase and the way it sounded. Now, weeks later, I'm starting to get picky about things and making sure everything is how I want it.

After my cousin brought it to my attention that I should've made sure all the work was actually done, I looked up what the performance package consisted of. 

While I can see the performance exhaust is installed--I noticed that the tires on it are not the Goodyear Duratrac the GMC site lists; they're Bridgestone Dueler's. Next, the intake isn't the cone-type performance intake filter, its the flat fliter.

Are these an alternate performance package option? Or did I get gipped? 

If so, would the dealer be willing to recognize these missing details, or would they think I just swapped the parts myself?

I'd go down to the dealer right now myself, but the oil field life keeps me at work. Haha.

It's a long read, but I'd appreciate the input. Thank you.

The 20" wheels don't get duratrak's with the performance package.

However I'm having the same issue with my dealership and the CAI. They installed the exhaust but no intake. Three months in and I'm still fussing with them about it. The manger keeps saying he's going to order it but never does. It's honestly not much more than a noise maker and adds no power what so ever. Everything comes from the exhaust. I'm torn on whether to tell him to forget it and to remember this in the next vehicle or to continue to push for it...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BringTheRain403 said:

However I'm having the same issue with my dealership and the CAI. They installed the exhaust but no intake. Three months in and I'm still fussing with them about it. The manger keeps saying he's going to order it but never does. It's honestly not much more than a noise maker and adds no power what so ever. Everything comes from the exhaust. I'm torn on whether to tell him to forget it and to remember this in the next vehicle or to continue to push for it...

I didn't know that about the 20's, thanks.

While the intake may not change much, id rather have the over-priced dealer part they claimed to have installed, refunded to me. Hopefully, I can go dealer to dealer until I find one with one in stock. 

Anyway, thanks for the input. Good luck on settling your deal. Wish more people in dealerships could be honest with their work.. I've already been sold on the truck, least you can do is do it right.

Why not go to the dealer and say “let’s walk over to the parts department and get it ordered and I’ll go ahead and schedule the install while I’m here”.

• Like 1

Something happened with the intakes in the last few months (emissions issue if I recall) and there’s a new part number for it now. Happen to have a pic of what air box you have?

BTW the GM performance air cleaner & program made 15 rear wheel HP on a local dyno with no other mods. FlowMaster muffler swap (plus removal of both flappers) made 11 RWHP/17FT/#. Next up air cleaner and muffler. Both above dyno runs were with 2019 6.2's.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2019 at 5:30 PM, 70rsss said:

BTW the GM performance air cleaner & program made 15 rear wheel HP on a local dyno with no other mods. FlowMaster muffler swap (plus removal of both flappers) made 11 RWHP/17FT/#. Next up air cleaner and muffler. Both above dyno runs were with 2019 6.2's.

Can you pass along the part number for the muffler? Please...

On 7/24/2019 at 5:30 PM, 70rsss said:

Are you saying the GM air intake gave you 15hp?  Or something else?  

On 7/21/2019 at 7:00 PM, BringTheRain403 said:

I would call GM and ask them to investigate if in fact they even installed the tune that comes with the upgrade and ask them to have another dealer order and install the parts or reimburse you for the entire cost of the upgrade package.

On 7/26/2019 at 10:57 PM, Trailboss75 said:

Are you saying the GM air intake gave you 15hp?  Or something else?  

Both runs were on other peoples truck. One is my buddies truck that dynoed the muffler. He has installed the GM air cleaner and is going to do a dyne pull before and after the factory tune you get with the air cleaner purchase. The he is going to install a cat back system and see what that does. HE owns GAP Racing so this is info that can drive work for his shop.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/24/2019 at 4:30 PM, 70rsss said:

which flowmaster did you install and did you just cut muffler and add the flowmaster. did you have to cover up the screens.