In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

I like the look but halogen lights?!? 

17 hours ago, Jsdirt said:

Glad to see they changed that idiocy. BUT, what makes you so confident you'll make it home? From what I see in the shop, things are getting cheaper quality-wise, more complex (more chances of failure), and some states are using more, and more corrosive  materials for winter road clearing. It's a recipe for disaster, unless you can afford to buy a new one every 3 years, or lease one.

I work at a dealer.  Lots more Silverados apart on a lift than Colorado.  That little $hit is quite reliable so far. 

Posted (edited)

That may be because they sell alot more than the Colorado.

I'm seeing complete junk across all brands and models, some worse, some better ... but collectively all crap compared to the old days ... and even just 13 model years ago.

Edited by Jsdirt
  • Like 1

It's okay, but not great. It does look better than the current Silverado though.

The front end really is just a Bison front end with a different bumper. Nothing groundbreaking. Only change is the off centered bow tie. 

That color should have been offered on the Silverado....

Looks better but I'd like to see a sunroof and led headlights standard on the zr2. Looks like they are playing it safe like the tacoma update. 

If off road racing a Silverado is racing a school bus then this is racing the short bus. 

:idiot:

Did John Q Public do something wrong? 

• Haha 1

Colorado would of been a hot seller if GM would have build the cab so someone 6 foot tall could fit in the damn thing and not have blind spots. this truck has no interior space what so ever.  lame duck  definatly short bus racer!

GM needs to work on weight reduction for  the Silverado, its too damn heavy, 5500-6000lbs is ridiculous for a daily driver

Edited by flyingfool

Unless you're taking the entire pit crew four doors is ridiculous. What is the second seat for in a race truck. Harvey? 

Image result for harvey the rabbit images

On 10/9/2019 at 12:37 PM, Jsdirt said:

That may be because they sell alot more than the Colorado.

I'm seeing complete junk across all brands and models, some worse, some better ... but collectively all crap compared to the old days ... and even just 13 model years ago.

At least they're better than the GMT900 days.  They were built as cheap as they look - Extremely 

I still own a 900 - biggest POS I've ever owned. Haven't even hit 99k miles yet, and I've already got a new differential in it, and the engine has been an oil burner for almost 50k miles so far. I also owned a '00 Jimmy - tied for the biggest POS ever owned. That one got parted out over 11 years then sent to the crusher this summer. Good riddance.

From what I've been hearing, the new ones are worse as far as failures that used to never happen on older stuff. Same patterns. GM will NEVER change.

18 hours ago, Yondu said:

At least they're better than the GMT900 days.  They were built as cheap as they look - Extremely 

gmt-900 are built well, its just the interior seat, plastic door panels are cheap. otherwise the drivetrain is the the same as the new k2xx except for DoD crap, they where easier to maintain and repair

hard to say if platforms are junk, I start to think the owners abuse the vehicles so much , thru lack of maintnance or incorrect maintnance, this might be a failure point. Operator Error

Edited by flyingfool

I beg to differ there. 5 warranty brake jobs, lower ball joints, upper ball joints, oil leaks, oil burning, and squeaks and rattles galore, all before 55k miles on mine. New differential at 97k. I'm sure the engine and tranny are right around the corner. We've all got bets placed on which will be first.  Got a 50/50 chance on either. 🤢

It's the first new vehicle I've ever bought in my life - cost SEVEN times what my previous purchase cost me - so I can assure you, it's the best maintained vehicle on the planet. 100% synthetics front to back by 2k miles on the engine, and 40k miles in the driveline. Amsoil, too - no cheap stuff here.

Edited by Jsdirt

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Seapacer2
      Hello Everyone,

I have been looking at adding a couple of cameras to my 2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali.  These trucks can be difficult to pull into parking spaces and lots, especially if they are smaller.  I just recently raised the front end about 2-3 inches, this has made parking a even bigger challenge.    Yes, when parking I try to back into most of the parking spaces, but sometimes that option isn't available.

The system I have been looking at is from Echomaster, this system is listed under GM accessories and is labeled Intellihaul.  The multi-camera system comes complete with a interface module, wiring, two (2) cameras that are mounted within a black mirror trim piece that attaches to the bottom of the mirror.  The trim level on my Denali comes with trailer towing mirrors that are all chrome, and I really didn't want to substitute the lower black trim pieces in place of the chrome.   I have seen one and it didn't look that good, on the all black mirrors they look OK (Just my preference). 

Echomaster has just recently released a new 3rd brake lamp camera that has three (3) different viewing angles within a single camera,  a right 95 degree,  a left 95 degree and a rear 90 degree.  Then all I would have to do is add the front facing camera.  In this arrangment, I would have to utilize a multi-camera module, this module is complete with wiring harness, bracket and OEM interface jumper cable.  However, the new released 3rd brake lamp camera only has one (1) video output.  I would have to hard wire 3 more input triggers to make this function correctly, the left and right turn signals and reverse triggers.  To operate on the OEM radio screen, I would have to depress the "back" button for three (3) seconds until the camera icons appeared on the screen. This would give me the rear cargo area.   To view both the blind spot camera views, I would have to cycle the left or right turn signal depending on which camera I want to view.  I would also have a front facing camera installed in the grill area, which would assist in parking manuevers.  In this setup, I still would have full operation of the OEM backup camera when in reverse.  I think this would be a good option and give me what I was looking for. 

When I talked to the tech assistance at GM this afternoon, he said that the system would be awkward to operate. I would like something that is plug-n-play, a system that I didn't have to rely on to take to dealer to program the radio, BCM or any other related modules. 

What is everyone doing about adding cameras to your truck, what sytem and options have you looked at and/or are utilizing?

Do you like your truck with the camera addition? 

What are your thoughts?      

Thanks,

• By Jonathan Floyd
      Has anyone ever got a custom tune to delete the AFM on their truck? I contacted my dealership about it and they gave me a local tuners number. I understand that it could possibly void my warranty if deleting the AFM causes a problem. But has anyone deleted their AFM and had issues? As well what cost should I expect to see to have a tuner delete the AFM.
    • By Robert210
      Im currently thinking on which lift i wanna get im definitely going with a bds 4 inch lift kit On my 2018 1500 . But whats the difference in ride quality between the normal one Which includes a whole new strut between the more expensive one which has fox coilovers and shocks?? and have any of yall ran either one and how did it feel?? Also can i fit 22x12s in a 4 inch ??? 
    • By Zane
      Zane Merva
      Executive Editor / Publisher - GM-Trucks.com
      October 10th, 2019

Chevrolet is giving the not so subtle hint that the rumored Silverado ZRX model is about to become reality. Today, the brand announced that a "Silverado Race Truck" would compete in this weekend's Laughlin Desert Classic alongside the Hall Racing Colorado ZR2. Interestingly, the Silverado will compete in the Desert's 1200 Stock Class, which limits changes to suspension, under body, and race-safety equipment. What does that mean? This truck is not only ready to race, it's close to production too. 

The "Silverado Race Truck" is outfitted with a number of aftermarket goodies that look like they were ripped right off a Colorado ZR2. Starting as an LT Trail Boss with the 6.2L V8, the Silverado Race Truck is outfitted with a long travel suspension, front and rear jounce shocks and Multimatic DSSV dampers. In short... the modifications that Chevy applies to the Colorado for the ZR2 model. 

Why didn't Chevy just come out and call this the ZRX Race Truck? We're not sure, but there's no doubt this is a low flying announcement made to pave the way towards an eventual Silverado model that emulates the ZR2's success in a larger package. Whether that's enough to take on the Ford Raptor is too early to determine. Stay tuned for updates on the "Silverado Race Truck" and future Silverado ZRX.