17 hours ago, Jsdirt said:

Glad to see they changed that idiocy. BUT, what makes you so confident you'll make it home? From what I see in the shop, things are getting cheaper quality-wise, more complex (more chances of failure), and some states are using more, and more corrosive  materials for winter road clearing. It's a recipe for disaster, unless you can afford to buy a new one every 3 years, or lease one.

I work at a dealer.  Lots more Silverados apart on a lift than Colorado.  That little $hit is quite reliable so far. 

That may be because they sell alot more than the Colorado.

I'm seeing complete junk across all brands and models, some worse, some better ... but collectively all crap compared to the old days ... and even just 13 model years ago.

Edited by Jsdirt
  • Like 2

Colorado would of been a hot seller if GM would have build the cab so someone 6 foot tall could fit in the damn thing and not have blind spots. this truck has no interior space what so ever.  lame duck  definatly short bus racer!

GM needs to work on weight reduction for  the Silverado, its too damn heavy, 5500-6000lbs is ridiculous for a daily driver

Edited by flyingfool

On 10/9/2019 at 12:37 PM, Jsdirt said:

That may be because they sell alot more than the Colorado.

I'm seeing complete junk across all brands and models, some worse, some better ... but collectively all crap compared to the old days ... and even just 13 model years ago.

At least they're better than the GMT900 days.  They were built as cheap as they look - Extremely 

I still own a 900 - biggest POS I've ever owned. Haven't even hit 99k miles yet, and I've already got a new differential in it, and the engine has been an oil burner for almost 50k miles so far. I also owned a '00 Jimmy - tied for the biggest POS ever owned. That one got parted out over 11 years then sent to the crusher this summer. Good riddance.

From what I've been hearing, the new ones are worse as far as failures that used to never happen on older stuff. Same patterns. GM will NEVER change.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Yondu said:

At least they're better than the GMT900 days.  They were built as cheap as they look - Extremely 

gmt-900 are built well, its just the interior seat, plastic door panels are cheap. otherwise the drivetrain is the the same as the new k2xx except for DoD crap, they where easier to maintain and repair

hard to say if platforms are junk, I start to think the owners abuse the vehicles so much , thru lack of maintnance or incorrect maintnance, this might be a failure point. Operator Error

Edited by flyingfool
  • Confused 1

I beg to differ there. 5 warranty brake jobs, lower ball joints, upper ball joints, oil leaks, oil burning, and squeaks and rattles galore, all before 55k miles on mine. New differential at 97k. I'm sure the engine and tranny are right around the corner. We've all got bets placed on which will be first.  Got a 50/50 chance on either. ?

It's the first new vehicle I've ever bought in my life - cost SEVEN times what my previous purchase cost me - so I can assure you, it's the best maintained vehicle on the planet. 100% synthetics front to back by 2k miles on the engine, and 40k miles in the driveline. Amsoil, too - no cheap stuff here.

Edited by Jsdirt
  • Thanks 1