2021-Chevrolet-Colorado-ZR2-004.jpg

Zane Merva

Executive Editor / Publisher - GM-Trucks.com

October 8th, 2019

Chevrolet is ready to race the 2021 Colorado. Like, really ready to race. This week in fact. The new face for the Colorado mid-size truck will make its public debut October 10th during the 2019 Method Race Wheels Laughlin Desert Classic and will be driven by Hall Racing. Here's a sneak peek at the all new face of the Colorado. 

2021-Chevrolet-Colorado-ZR2-007.jpg

Chevrolet also gave us a showing of the production 2021 ZR2  that will debut in one month at the 2019 SEMA Show in Las Vegas. Check back with us in November for our first hand take at the new ZR2 when we visit the SEMA Show.  Anyways, let's take a look at the changes. 

What's new with the 2021 Colorado?

First off, the changes so far seem to be cosmetic and packaging only. No new features or changes in specs have been announced yet. However, the exterior has been warmed over to bring it in line with the Silverado's front end, without breaking the bank on a full redesign (which is expected in the 2023-2024 MY time frame).  Here's the announced 2021 changes. 

• New front end appearance for ZR2 model. Only Colorado model to have "Flow-through Chevrolet Fascia". 
  • WT, LT, and Z71 trim levels will receive updated center bars, lower fascias, and new front skid plates. 
  • WT and LT will feature "all-new" gold Chevy bowties while the Z71 trim is adorned with a black bowtie. 
  • All models receive embossed 'Chevrolet" tailgates and ditch the traditional bowtie on the rear of the vehicle. 
  • A new "Sand Dune Metallic" will be offered on Z71 and ZR2 models only. 

What do you think about the new face of the Colorado?

2021-Chevrolet-Colorado-ZR2-005.jpg

2021-Chevrolet-Colorado-ZR2-003.jpg

2021-Chevrolet-Colorado-ZR2-002.jpg

2021-Chevrolet-Colorado-ZR2-001.jpg

2021-Chevrolet-Colorado-ZR2-008.jpg

2021-Chevrolet-Colorado-ZR2-006.jpg

• Like 1

Wow. I really like that look. It's bold, different, and aggressive. Especially in that color. Not insanely crazy about the CHEVROLET in stencil font across the grill (but I guess the Raptor kind of made that popular). 

2021-Chevrolet-Colorado-ZR2-004.thumb.jpg.4016821fcac8965ce5fc8693e04da5e7.jpg

Zane Merva
Executive Editor / Publisher - GM-Trucks.com
October 8th, 2019

Chevrolet is ready to race the 2021 Colorado. Like, really ready to race. This week in fact. The new face for the Colorado mid-size truck will make its public debut October 10th during the 2019 Method Race Wheels Laughlin Desert Classic and will be driven by Hall Racing. Here's a sneak peek at the all new face of the Colorado. 

2021-Chevrolet-Colorado-ZR2-007.thumb.jpg.b8dc2446dc7fa68828f17702584e029b.jpg

Chevrolet also gave us a showing of the production 2021 ZR2  that will debut in one month at the 2019 SEMA Show in Las Vegas. Check back with us in November for our first hand take at the new ZR2 when we visit the SEMA Show.  Anyways, let's take a look at the changes. 

What's new with the 2021 Colorado?
First off, the changes so far seem to be cosmetic and packaging only. No new features or changes in specs have been announced yet. However, the exterior has been warmed over to bring it in line with the Silverado's front end, without breaking the bank on a full redesign (which is expected in the 2023-2024 MY time frame).  Here's the announced 2021 changes. 
  • New front end appearance for ZR2 model. Only Colorado model to have "Flow-through Chevrolet Fascia". 
  • WT, LT, and Z71 trim levels will receive updated center bars, lower fascias, and new front skid plates. 
  • WT and LT will feature "all-new" gold Chevy bowties while the Z71 trim is adorned with a black bowtie. 
  • All models receive embossed 'Chevrolet" tailgates and ditch the traditional bowtie on the rear of the vehicle. 
  • A new "Sand Dune Metallic" will be offered on Z71 and ZR2 models only. 

What do you think about the new face of the Colorado?

2021-Chevrolet-Colorado-ZR2-005.thumb.jpg.ce93b736b4445d45f2d64a5fcf559bcd.jpg
2021-Chevrolet-Colorado-ZR2-003.thumb.jpg.b9837165c4c236a40fde2d040cb9a57c.jpg
2021-Chevrolet-Colorado-ZR2-002.thumb.jpg.5d8e185411d7a679ea77e5049f56f96d.jpg
2021-Chevrolet-Colorado-ZR2-001.thumb.jpg.c467323757c0c79670fd23ecc9ad6a53.jpg
2021-Chevrolet-Colorado-ZR2-008.thumb.jpg.a5658f397fe8b2fa66e01d858b0a4b49.jpg

2021-Chevrolet-Colorado-ZR2-006.thumb.jpg.45c512a0954a33e0aaea38591178aca3.jpg

I will be there this weekend with my boss at the same race. Looking forward to seeing it first hand!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks are one thing ... but will you make it home?

And when it comes time for a brake job, is it still billed at 6 hours, thanks to the illogical engineering there?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I guess im failing to see what's actually changed other then some plastic bits in the front clip that kind of makes it look cheaper imo. Was hoping for a different headlight design or something to really make it stand out over the last what 6 years or so of the Colorado.  Color me not impressed here.....

• Like 1

I'm digging it.  I hope it translates to the WT/LT/Z71 good.  LOVE the color.  I had hoped for a headlight change, perhaps HID or LED. 

1 hour ago, Jsdirt said:

Looks are one thing ... but will you make it home?

And when it comes time for a brake job, is it still billed at 6 hours, thanks to the illogical engineering there?

2015+up don't have captured rotors.  Brake changes are no different than a Silverado.  And you will make it home :)  

Edited by newdude

4 hours ago, newdude said:

2015+up don't have captured rotors.  Brake changes are no different than a Silverado.  And you will make it home :)  

Glad to see they changed that idiocy. BUT, what makes you so confident you'll make it home? From what I see in the shop, things are getting cheaper quality-wise, more complex (more chances of failure), and some states are using more, and more corrosive  materials for winter road clearing. It's a recipe for disaster, unless you can afford to buy a new one every 3 years, or lease one.

• Like 1

I can truly say I am glad I bought my 2020 Canyon rather than wait for a front end rework that would give me nightmares...sorry but the photos would send me home from the dealership with designs on keeping the current truck a lot longer.   There I gave my opinion without ever using the word “hideous”.

• Like 1

I quite like the look, especially the embossed tailgate, hopefully they'll update that ancient interior while they're at it. 2020 and you still have to put a key in the ignition? No thanks. 

Jlong,    I bought a 2019 Jeep Cherokee....It did not have a key plus other electronic items to relieve me of having to use my brain.  The worst were the stupid no key system and the other was having to press a button after every start to keep the engine from shutting off every time the Jeep came to a stop....I hated these additions to what was an otherwise smooth ,quiet and fun vehicle...I sold it!