I am getting my vibration problem taken care of tomorrow, I am trading my GMC Sierra for a 2014 Ford F150. I will never own another GM product for as long as I live. The only reason I bought this truck is because they lured me in with a voucher for some issues that were out of warranty on my 2007 Silverado. I figured 7 years later I wild get an awesome product, boy was I wrong. The GM engineer hooked up to my truck to the vibration analyzer and said everything is within allowable tolerance and once he said that no dealer will touch my truck with any issue that is related to vibration. GM won't authorize any more repairs for this problem.

GM Customer service wont even call me back. The service manager at Carr GMC told me to trade my truck in for another brand or by a 3/4 ton because of this issue. I am fortunate I have more money then time right now so it's time to cut my losses and move on. I paid $45,000 for my truck and I am getting $38,500 for it now with 10,500 miles on it. It's a very expensive lesson but one I willing to take and never by another GM product. Good luck with your trucks I hope you get them fixed.

• Like 2

Bought a 2014 Sierra back in September. 6.5 box crew cab, Felt the vibration issue on the steering wheel when it hits 80kmh -100kmh. Did the forced tire balancing and did not help. Replace the whole set of wheels and still nothing. Put on brand new blizzaks now that we're in the snow and still no luck. Brought it back to the dealer a few times to replace a whistling sound in the exhaust and repair the vibration issue. Had their tech test drive it as well and he also felt the vibration at the said speed. Apparently they knew of this problem as being in the gear and pinion being off slightly in the rear differential. They apparently replaced it the first time to no avail. So they re-checked it again and apparently the new one was off too. Replaced it a second time and VOILA! Vibration is gone. Apparently GM

Had a problem with the Mould casting they used to manufacture this gear and pinion. But all I know is now the vibration is gone. Nice truck, just too many visits to the shop for me. :-/

I also just called GM customer assistance and told them the situation. I will say that the person i spoke with was every bit as upset about this as i am.

Has any one actually got their problems resolved completely

I am considering filing under BBB, this is the 4th time i will have had my vehicle looked over for this issue.

I strongly recommend contacting the BBB once your vehicle is eligible under your states lemon law. Once you are in the "legal" dialog, verses the customer care dialog, progress is very fast. I received a 100% repurchase agreement. Document every conversation with salesman, service department, and GM; document every repair action; and know the lemon law.

As I am doing research to purchase another vehicle, I see GM is not the only manufacturer with vibration issues.

http://www.tacomahq.com/3392/toyota-tacoma-driveline-vibration-tsb-2005-2014/

http://www.tacomahq.com/3406/2012-2014-toyota-tacoma-shudder/

Edited by goodbye-gm

So GM engineers state vehicle vibration levels are within spec. OK....who's spec are they referencing? They're own GM spec or an SAE spec?

Wondering if they're are independent agencies out there you can hire to perform a vibration analysis. At least this may give you a little more firepower in a court of law to dispute GM's definition of "operating as intended" and "normal and within spec"

I am getting my vibration problem taken care of tomorrow, I am trading my GMC Sierra for a 2014 Ford F150. I will never own another GM product for as long as I live. The only reason I bought this truck is because they lured me in with a voucher for some issues that were out of warranty on my 2007 Silverado. I figured 7 years later I wild get an awesome product, boy was I wrong. The GM engineer hooked up to my truck to the vibration analyzer and said everything is within allowable tolerance and once he said that no dealer will touch my truck with any issue that is related to vibration. GM won't authorize any more repairs for this problem.

GM Customer service wont even call me back. The service manager at Carr GMC told me to trade my truck in for another brand or by a 3/4 ton because of this issue. I am fortunate I have more money then time right now so it's time to cut my losses and move on. I paid $45,000 for my truck and I am getting $38,500 for it now with 10,500 miles on it. It's a very expensive lesson but one I willing to take and never by another GM product. Good luck with your trucks I hope you get them fixed.

I dumped my lemon 2014 Silverado Double Cab All Star Z71 due to vibration and a bunch of other issues, for a Ford F150 XLT 5.0 Crew Cab. After 8 months I'm finally happy again with my truck. I've owned nothing but Chevy for 28 years but that changed in Sept when I dumnped that POS amd went Blue Oval. Never owned a Ford before but I have to say I'm very impressed. Same gas milage, much better ride, and NO vibrations or recalls...or frame rust or weak AC or creaking and popping leaf springs, or recalls, or FM radio not working, or not lighted trim rings for stereo and climate control, or......you get the drift. That 2014 Silverado was a huge mistake, never to be made again. You're gonna love that Ford! I now I sure love mine.

I dumped my lemon 2014 Silverado Double Cab All Star Z71 due to vibration and a bunch of other issues, for a Ford F150 XLT 5.0 Crew Cab. After 8 months I'm finally happy again with my truck. I've owned nothing but Chevy for 28 years but that changed in Sept when I dumnped that POS amd went Blue Oval. Never owned a Ford before but I have to say I'm very impressed. Same gas milage, much better ride, and NO vibrations or recalls...or frame rust or weak AC or creaking and popping leaf springs, or recalls, or FM radio not working, or not lighted trim rings for stereo and climate control, or......you get the drift. That 2014 Silverado was a huge mistake, never to be made again. You're gonna love that Ford! I now I sure love mine.

I'm getting the 5.0 also. How do you like the motor power wise compared to your 5.3? I will say the Ford has a few less options that I'm going to miss, like the led interior lighting, but I can change that out easily and inexpensive. I'm glad to hear your happy with the Ford.

So GM engineers state vehicle vibration levels are within spec. OK....who's spec are they referencing? They're own GM spec or an SAE spec?

Wondering if they're are independent agencies out there you can hire to perform a vibration analysis. At least this may give you a little more firepower in a court of law to dispute GM's definition of "operating as intended" and "normal and within spec"

Maybe they are referencing a spec they just made up to cover the worst case vibration case so they can get rid of people who complain without doing anything about it.

The only way to determine is this "spec" is meaningful would be to get a copy of it and compare it to max vibration spec numbers from other manufacturers for similar vehicles. And who is going to do that?

Edited by pm26

I'm getting the 5.0 also. How do you like the motor power wise compared to your 5.3? I will say the Ford has a few less options that I'm going to miss, like the led interior lighting, but I can change that out easily and inexpensive. I'm glad to hear your happy with the Ford.

I think you'll like the 5.0, power wise they seem the same. I'm not sure but it may even be faster than the 5.3. Not sure but doesn't it have 10 more HP than the GM? You're going to enjoy the Ford...its a much more solid, truck feel than the GM...I especially like the exhaust sound. It's just a more solid feel, and the interior is much more comfortable.

If it helps anyone out, my '14 work truck was a 2wd, 5.3L, 3.08, crew cab short bed with trailer hitch. P rated goodyears. Vibrated on hwy. My personal truck (new job so now my personal truck is now my new work truck) is a '14 5.3L, 3.42 gear, 4x4, crew cab short bed with hitch with LT good years. My truck does not vibrate. You would think it should of been the other way around. Not to mention it gets better MPG's vs the 2wd 3.08. Hwy and city. But mainly city it's about 1-2mpg better than the dogged out 3.08.

You took the words out of my mouth, good for you; I'm going in Monday morning to pick up my F150 the sad part is GM just don't care about their customers anymore, they may have won the short battle but not the long haul, I been trying to count how many GM trucks and cars I have owned in the past and the best I can remember somewhere around 17 or 18 and they are willing to let loyal customers go over stepping up and fixing the problems they have with 2014/2015 truck line. So “ALMF” Hello Ford

:banghead:

Edited by DisappointedGMC

comes back to the gm site to talk about his ford..... seriously dude, nice troll.... and all you other folks that don't own the GM anymore. Go to the ford site and be done with it.

Trolls....

Edited by bogeypro
  • Like 2

Bogeypro don't be angry that your stuck with your problem riddled GM truck. You could also buy Ford and be happy. I since so much hostility in you, oh its probably because your a Cowboy's fan. He was just giving his honest opinion on how happy he is with is new truck. I'm sure I'll be just as happy now. Go Seahawks, we all can't be winners, we need some loosers to balance out. BOGEYPRO has that covered for us.

• Like 1

Probably lucky you're getting that deal. I was out test driving a ram today and I was talking to my salesman about how I had tested the 2015 f150 and the silverado and he told me that they aren't taking anymore Silverados or sierras as trades because of all the problems. They have a bunch in their used lot and he said they are having a really hard time reselling them. Crazy how word has gotten around on these being lemons.