Contacted BBB last week. Then next day GM calls wanting to know what they could do to help. 1 week later, Gm calls back and nothing they can do "it is at factory specs". Same as before. NO HELP! now I can not get the BBB to call me back to discuss the next step. I have called different times of the day, left messages and still have not received a call back. I guess I will need to contact a Lawyer at this point. Truck is still vibrating at 45-60 and I can not get anyone to look at it or work on it. Shame that I have to fight so hard to get something to work the way it is suppose to. Pay good money for a piece of JUNK.

Contacted BBB last week. Then next day GM calls wanting to know what they could do to help. 1 week later, Gm calls back and nothing they can do "it is at factory specs". Same as before. NO HELP! now I can not get the BBB to call me back to discuss the next step. I have called different times of the day, left messages and still have not received a call back. I guess I will need to contact a Lawyer at this point. Truck is still vibrating at 45-60 and I can not get anyone to look at it or work on it. Shame that I have to fight so hard to get something to work the way it is suppose to. Pay good money for a piece of JUNK.

call six on your side

I am in the same exact situation. I haven't contacted the BBB yet because I was hoping GM or my dealer would step up. The engineer said everything is operating within specs and once he said that basically no one would help any further. The dealership said the can't work on it anymore for this issue because GM wont pay for it and GM said they won't help may with trade assistance at all. I cant even take it to another dealer because it is in the system now for this issue. So basically as long as I own my truck and anything that has to do with vibration I am screwed. The service manager told me I should trade the truck for another brand or a 3/4 ton GM truck because these issues are inherent to the 1500 model. I was at the Ford dealer yesterday and have a deal worked out on a F150 but I just don't like it as much as my Sierra and it will cost me $5,000 to get out of mine and into a new ford. I think GM's solution to the problem is setting a set of specs wide enough to state all the trucks with issue are within spec because they just need to cut their losses somewhere with all the issues they are having right now. If they lose a few customers in the process they are okay with it. I'm not sure if it's worth my time and energy to proceed any further and that's what the are banking on. It really sucks because I love everything else about the truck.

I'm gonna look into filing a class action lawsuit. If anyone is interested in being part of it let me know. I read almost all the pages in this thread and I'm surprised no one has done it yet. It's been 2 month since the dealer has had my vehicle to try to fix the issue.

I tried to go to another dealership but they told me since I didn't buy it from them I was sol. GM customer service keeps telling me they are waiting to hear back from their internal resource.

I'll be damned if I lose 5k on trading it in because GM doesn't want to address the issue.

I've already filed with BBB waiting to hear back.

Edited by sideoftheroad

My new 2014 sierra has a vibration issue that starts around 70 and gets worse the faster i go. The odd thing is it comes and goes and is worse on smooth asphault than on rougher roads. The steering wheel and pedal are fine but the seat vibrates pretty bad. I only have 1200 miles on the truck and havent had a chance to go to the dealer yet.

My new 2014 sierra has a vibration issue that starts around 70 and gets worse the faster i go. The odd thing is it comes and goes and is worse on smooth asphault than on rougher roads. The steering wheel and pedal are fine but the seat vibrates pretty bad. I only have 1200 miles on the truck and havent had a chance to go to the dealer yet.

that's mine exactly

droppin it at dealer Monday for the shake and the driver seat butt heat not workin back is.. hope they resolve both love my truck got it set up just the way I like it

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Crew cab short bed 4x4 Z71 5.3L 3.42 axle ratio. (Vibration issue solved)

I purchase my truck a month ago. When I took it for a test drive got up to about 50 mph and it shook really bad, went right back to dealer and they said the tires were flat spotted and should smooth out in about a 100 miles if not they would replace them. So took it back down the road again and it was all ready alittle better. The build date on the truck was 4-14 so it had been sitting on a lot for about 7 months so made since to me. On the way home with the truck the vibration was not to bad almost seemed gone at times.After a few weeks had passed did some testing and on relly smooth road is where the vibration was the worst. My tire psi where all at 34 psi. The vibration was really bad from about 73 to 85. I called the dealer told them the problem and the shop foreman told me give it until 1,000 miles if not gone they would replace the tires. So a few days ago took it back to dealer with 1065 miles on it. They first did a road force test on the right front tire Goodyear wrangler sr-a P275/55R-20 that read 41lbs then the right rear 72lbs. They said forget took them off. I had already told them in advance that if it was the tires I wanted to replace them with a set of Michelin LTX M/S2 so they had already order them for me just incase. I told them I would pay the differance between the goodyears and the Michelin if thats what it took it cost me 107 dollars was glad to do that. My vibration is gone. If you really and try to feel a vibration on a smooth as can get road you might feel alittle if you really really try but as good as it gets to me. I think most of the the vibration issues are tires not to rule out some with drive line issues.In the beginning when it really shook bad on the test drive and it got better knew it was flat spotted tire on mine since it set on a lot for 7 months. Hope everone gets there sierra's and silverado's smoothed out. If GM would just admitted they have a problem with these crappy Badyear tires recall all of them if would solve a lot of problems

Edited by southern_sierra
  • Like 2

New Michelins didnt fix mine. Glad for those of you that did get your truck vibration fixed that way, or fixed in any way.

AFA class action lawsuits, I dont know everything about them, but it always seems that when I hear about them being settled, the people who had actual damages are awarded pennies on the dollar, while the law firm representing the class action gets millions. Im not interested in making more lawyers millionaires while Im left feeling shorted.

My dealer has several vibrating trucks, I was the first to put LT tires on, and correct the vibe, they just put a set of LT bridge stones on another truck, and it smoothed it out. Seems that's the fix

Exactly what I did on my own as well

Hey everybody, *********************

I've recently resolved my shaking/ vibrating issue and would like to share my story to help out:

I have read through most of these pages before going to have my own new 2014 Silverado 1500 LT worked on due to significant shaking/ vibration at ~ 65-80+ mph. I first took it to the dealer and told them what was going on, came back a few days later to pick up. I asked if they fixed it, and they hesitated and said "I don't know, you tell me. It's a lot better." .... not what you want to hear. They say they did a Road Force Balance and found all 4 tires were out of spec. They claim to have put them back into or very close to spec. Anyways, I get out on the road and it's quickly apparent that the shake is MUCH worse. It was now shaking up and down and side to side. While driving down the highway at 70-75, one of the weights comes off the wheel and strikes the inner fender, which believe it or not actually made it ride better.

Needless to say, I am very upset. So upset that I'm physically sick. Feel that I have made a huge mistake by getting this vehicle and am now trapped with the payments. Next I do a quick google search and drive to an independent family owned tire shop and tell them about it. They ask what tires are on it and are not at all surprised by the issue. Goodyear Wrangler's are circular pieces of garbage. I get there and meet with them. They disclaim they don't really know what the problem is and don't want to sell us new tires only to have the same problem. So we decide to pull the wheels/ tires off and put it on the balancing machine. The owner invited me to stand with the technician and talk to him as he checked the balance. (not road force balancing, just normal balancing on a Hammerhead Technologies machine) The front left tire goes on the machine with current balancing weights still attached from the dealership. Guess what.... its 3oz off on the outside half of rim and 0.5-0.75oz off on the inside of the rim!!!!!! A total of 3.5oz off. They say the average person can detect 0.5oz and greater, so this thing was WAYYYYY off.

Not only that, but they had put weights all around the inside of the rim to counterbalance some of the other weights that are in the wrong spot. Tire guys say the weights are all supposed to be grouped together, otherwise you are just chasing bad weights and furthering the problem. All the tires were balanced poorly. While watching the tires spin on the machine, I could see, on every one of them, that they were not round. I'd say they had about a 1/4" to 3/8" or so of up and down difference/ bounce while spinning ( after fully balanced by tire professional). Technician and owner say that if it was a Michelin that was that much out of round, they would send it back for a new one because they are much better tires.

Fast forward balancing is done and I'm driving on same goodyear wrangler. Immediately better and very smooth at 65 and below speeds. Now has very very slight vibration, not a shake, at 75 mph and is quite smooth below that. Turns out it's the friggin' tires after all!!! The remaining vibration is due to the fact that THEY AREN"T EVEN ROUND!!!!!

A guy on here called Stex said it over and over again that you need to go somewhere else other than the dealership to get this done. He was completely right (even though he doesn't even have a Silverado lol) I wen't back and confronted the dealership about this. Apparently the guy at the my chevy dealership doing the balancing was just hired on, was a troubled teen, and was apparently using a poorly calibrated machine with no training.... Don't think the dealership is a place to have competent work done, that's for sure.

Now I have driven over 1900 miles on them and they have smoothed out a tiny bit more, but a small vibration is still present at 70-80 mph. It is very slight and almost not noticeable anymore. I expect it will disappear when I get new tires (Michelins hopefully). On smooth roads the truck is smooth, on rough roads the truck is rough. The thing is stiff so don't expect a glassy ride all the time. I hope this helps.