mm hmm. If i told you some of my previous names the Mods would certainly recognize me and could vouch for that. But seriously! nice try!

:tear:

Multiple names so you could stir the pot from many directions?

Multiple names because you stirred the pot too many times and got banned?

If the crying bothers you so much, why come here and read it?

Dont bother to reply. I wont feed you any more.

Of course, you could just change names and go at it again from another angle.

We have owned a 2013 Silverado 150 extended cab 5.3L 2WD and 20" Good Year Wrangler tires for 22 months. The 6-speed auto was a vast improvement over our 08 Sierra 4-speed.. Just after our first tire rotation and wheel balance, we got onto the highway and noticed the front end shaking. We immediately returned to the dealer and had the wheel balances checked. It was determined that the load force on one front tire was considerably out of specs. It was not noticeable on the rear, but we have Firestone Ride-Rite air bags on the rear for hauling a cargo trailer. The service department suggested replacing the tire (at our expense). We didn't give it a thought that it should have been covered under warranty and we paid for a new tire. That basically took care of the severe shaking. But we have noticed that it was not a really smooth ride even on a newly paved blacktop. We replaced the Sierra tires with Bridgestone and had very good results. If we replaced the tires on the Silverado, we would go with Michelin.

So, this forum has brought up a couple of questions. Is it worth the gamble to move "up" to a '14 or '15 Silverado or Sierra and get a 4WD and all-wheel disc brakes or wait until GM gets their act together? If we do decide to trade, will it be with the same dealer who neglected to suggest the tire should be under warranty?

One other thought that came to mind on front end shaking. On our '08 Sierra, we had a problem with the front brake calipers. On light braking, the front would shudder slightly. On downhill braking, the shudder was more pronounced. We took it to the dealer before a long road trip hauling a fully loaded cargo trailer. We were told there was nothing wrong with the brakes. On a steep decline in the hills around Chattanooga, even though we had trailer brakes, the front end shook violently-so much so that we thought the bug shield was going to break off of the hood. Believe me, that was a white knuckles ride to the bottom. The dealer at the other end of the road trip said that GM had a bad run of rotors/pad that would warp with heat of braking and resume near normal when cooling. They replaced both rotors and pads at no charge. We had perfect braking after that.

The reason that I bring up brake rotors is that if the pads are too close to the rotors and the rotors are warped, they may be engaging enough to cause the shudder similar to a wheel balance. With the new integrated braking systems, this could be a problem.

As for Dodge and Ford, we have had both in the past. The '02 Dodge Quad cab was extremely bad on gas and had engine sludging faults and cracked dashboards that Chrysler did not view as a problem. Ford has its own problems.

Maybe you can do a short term lease, lease to own, or some sort or prolonged rental process just to make sure you aren't getting a Shakerado.

Just an update on mine, went and asked if the dealer had heard back from GM regarding this issue. They told me no and they drove another truck that was on the lot. Their conclusion was it seems to be a characteristic of these trucks.

I video taped myself driving the truck yesterday to document all the vibration at different speeds.

What should i do? Hate to be paying so much per month for a lemon..

I also just called GM customer assistance and told them the situation. I will say that the person i spoke with was every bit as upset about this as i am.

Has any one actually got their problems resolved completely

I am considering filing under BBB, this is the 4th time i will have had my vehicle looked over for this issue.

Just an update on mine, went and asked if the dealer had heard back from GM regarding this issue. They told me no and they drove another truck that was on the lot. Their conclusion was it seems to be a characteristic of these trucks.

I video taped myself driving the truck yesterday to document all the vibration at different speeds.

What should i do? Hate to be paying so much per month for a lemon..

create a user account on youtube and upload the video there to demonstrate the problem to others. the best you can do is call more attention to the problem so GM cannot ignore you. they will anyway but the more this problem becomes common knowledge to everyone, it will begin to effect sales and GM will finally have to stop ignoring it.

also go to NHTSA and file a complaint there, few if any people are doing this but again this needs to be done to warn others and to make the problem known.

then go to the BBB website and file lemon law "IF" you have the required number of repairs for this issue (each state is different), if you don't have that many repairs then continue to bring the truck in until you do and then file. make sure you document everything and start a timeline record of everything that was done, when it was done, who said what and when, and what if anything that was said but not included on any service documents.

in short you must start preparing your case to go to court because that is where you will end up after GM stalls you for months hoping you give up and just go away. they will try and make things as frustrating as they can and will lie and lie and lie throughout the whole process. make no mistake about it, they know these trucks are lemons and are in full blown damage control mode and have NO interest in treating you fairly.

• Like 1

create a user account on youtube and upload the video there to demonstrate the problem to others. the best you can do is call more attention to the problem so GM cannot ignore you. they will anyway but the more this problem becomes common knowledge to everyone, it will begin to effect sales and GM will finally have to stop ignoring it.

also go to NHTSA and file a complaint there, few if any people are doing this but again this needs to be done to warn others and to make the problem known.

then go to the BBB website and file lemon law "IF" you have the required number of repairs for this issue (each state is different), if you don't have that many repairs then continue to bring the truck in until you do and then file. make sure you document everything and start a timeline record of everything that was done, when it was done, who said what and when, and what if anything that was said but not included on any service documents.

in short you must start preparing your case to go to court because that is where you will end up after GM stalls you for months hoping you give up and just go away. they will try and make things as frustrating as they can and will lie and lie and lie throughout the whole process. make no mistake about it, they know these trucks are lemons and are in full blown damage control mode and have NO interest in treating you fairly.

I will see if i cant get the videos up loaded and post them and try to attach them to this thread so everyone can see.

I have left the truck there four times now and NC requires 4 times. I am taking the truck back today and leaving it. But i havent received any paper work since they fixed my drivers seat and drove the truck. They had paper work on it when they road force tested it but didnt give it to me since it wasnt fixed.

Update: Just went to dealer a few minutes ago, they told me now that being that they felt it on another truck on the lot, they are going to set up an appointment with a field test engineer to come look over the truck. They told me that i needed to remove the leveling kit i have on it or the engineer will not be able to do the test. I asked them if the other truck had a leveling kit on it and they said no! So i guess i got to go through the leveling kit again....

I will see if i cant get the videos up loaded and post them and try to attach them to this thread so everyone can see.

I have left the truck there four times now and NC requires 4 times. I am taking the truck back today and leaving it. But i havent received any paper work since they fixed my drivers seat and drove the truck. They had paper work on it when they road force tested it but didnt give it to me since it wasnt fixed.

you should receive a receipt for each repair when you pick up the truck.

insist that they give you copies of all previous receipts for the other 4 repair attempts, you need that proof for your case and they HAVE to give it to you. also make sure the repair listed is for the same vibration issue, only the same repair issue counts as your 4 times so if they put a different issue it doesn't count.

also don't say anything about lemon law or they will immediately stop helping you.

the leveling kit will have to come off along with anything else you added to the truck and keep it off until this is all over, in the end you wont have the truck anymore because its not a problem that can be fixed in almost all cases so save the leveling kit to resell or reuse on some other truck.

just before your BBB case goes to arbitration (or sometimes at the arbitration hearing) they will offer you a full value trade in offer that is only good if you buy another truck with them (which will also be a lemon) but maybe it can be used to buy a car instead if that somehow fits your needs.

if you just want your money back period then most likely you will have to hire a lemon law lawyer and file in civil court because GM just isn't buying trucks back anymore

Edited by keakar

Hi all, just wanted to add my info. We purchased a new 2014 Crew Cab Sierra 4x4 Z71 the day before thanksgiving, when GMC offered the 20% off. The truck had 4400 miles on it, the sales manager or someone had been driving it; they said legally the dealership can put up to 5500 miles on a new vehicle and still sell it as new. We purchased it at Heritage GMC in Rome Ga, which is about 40 miles away from an Interstate (I75).Everyone there that I have dealt with, has been super nice. I am not bashing this dealership in any way; but I do agree that GM has a problem, and from what I've learned, they know they have a problem with these trucks. I test drove the truck locally in Rome, and didn't notice a vibration, but I have a 30 mile commute on I75 each way, every day. After the Thanksgiving holiday, when I started back to work, I noticed the vibration on the interstate; took it back to the dealership and they rotated and balanced the tires, said 2 were out of spec. Got back on the interstate the next day, still had the vibration. Took back to the dealership for the 2nd time, they put me in their 2015 demo truck (similar to mine) and said they would call me when they had more info on mine. (The 2015 demo truck had the vibration as well). I got a friend of mine, that purchased a truck almost identical to mine about a month before me, to meet me, and rode down the interstate. Within 1 mile I could tell that his rode a lot smoother than mine; so not all of these trucks have the same issue. That's when I started googling the issue, and found this forum.

Spoke to the dealership 2 days later, and they road forced balanced the tires on my truck and the tech said he didn't feel what he was feeling in it before. I spoke to the service manager on the phone (very nice guy) he was straight up with me and said his tech thinks he got it fixed, but the service manager said he honestly thought it was something besides the tires causing the problem. He told me I was more than welcome to keep the demo truck for a while, or come back and get mine and try it. He told me they had a vibration testing machine that was coming from GM in a couple of weeks, because they have another truck like mine with a similar vibration.

I told him I would go ahead and come over and pick mine up and see if its better. When I got there, the service manager said he had previously went to a class, along with a lot of service managers from other dealerships. Several in the class said their dealership had 1 or 2 trucks that had a vibration that they couldn't get rid of the vibration. GM told them, if you cant get the vibration out by balancing the tires, you are NOT authorized to do anything else to the truck until you get this vibration tester from GM and let it tell you where the vibration is coming from. This would keep them from throwing misc parts at the truck and possibly not replacing the right part. He also told me that his dealership had a truck with the vibration several months ago, and replaced some parts in the rear end, and that solved the issue. Then they had another truck with the vibration, and they replaced the drive shaft and that solved the issue. GM doesn't want them to replace any more parts without having the vibration testing machine. I told him that I had been following these forums and read him some of the comments from a few of the previous pages. One was about a wider gap between the teeth in some of the differential parts. He said that evidently GM contracted several different companies to cast different parts, and some of the parts were cast wrong, or were cast out of spec.

Back on the Interstate this am, and still had a vibration, it was better after the road forced balance, but it was still there. Called the dealership and told him it was still there. He said there were 15 or so dealerships on the waiting list for the vibration tester, and that he was 2nd or 3rd on the list. He said it would probably be the first of January when they would receive it, and they would get me to bring mine back so they could put the tester in it, and see what it told them was causing the issue. This dealership has been very straight forward with me, and seems to really want to fix the issue. I will update once I know more. (Do not let your dealership tell you that they don't know what the issue is and has never heard of it; GM is aware and they need to get one of these testers hooked up to your truck)

Edited by redbudga

OK!

Had 3 tires replaced, had the rear axle assembly replaced, gas pedal still vibrated, took truck in, they now replaced 3 MORE tires, got truck back, drove and feels like the vibration is all gone now, but the service department SCRATCHED THE HELL OUT OF MY 2 FRONT WHEELS!25FFFCA3-15F3-49E0-B970-65BE87858B8A.jpg

0C3111B9-2424-4E5B-9A2A-B46710DC608C.jpg

Thank you Wally Edgar Chevrolet!

Already contacted dealership and the corporate customer service agent I have been working with, absolutely amazing how terrible this is turning out...

Edited by mikegmi2

I'm sure there are a few different problems people are experiencing and this may help with some of them.

A while back someone was helping me locate a hole through the firewall boot and while he upside down was under the steering wheel he said he needed to push down on the emergency brake a little to stop it from digging into his backside.

Anyway of course I forgot and went on down the road afterwards and noticed this pronounced vibration and got worried I was developing one of the vibration problems many of you have had.

Popped the brake back up - problem fixed.

Maybe some of you have some sort of emergency brake fail to release or alignment problem.

9K miles on my 2014 and still smooth as silk