It's definitely these cheap, horrible good year tires causing my vibrations. My wife was out of town this weekend so I drove her car and the truck basically sat from Friday at 5:30 PM until this morning (Monday) at 7:45 and this thing vibrated like hell for about half of my ride to work and then began to smooth out. It doesn't seem to be related to temperature as much as I thought. I have a feeling there's a problem with one or more of the tires and depending on which part of the tire(s) is making contact with the asphalt when it is parked, that amplifies or diminishes the problem. I can't wait to change out this junk. Before some people respond, I'm not saying this is the answer to everyone's vibration problem. I'm saying this is what I think is wrong with MY truck and possibly some other trucks in this thread. Obviously it's been the rear ring & pinion for some people as they've posted here. For others they still don't know. But hopefully this helps some people in diagnosing there's.

Just a thought, but what I think may be happening to your tires is that you have a loose belt on at least one of them. This will cause all kinds of vibration at speed and generally gets worse the more you drive because the tire gets hotter and the loose belt shifts more, causing more imbalance in the wheel. I had a similar problem with Michelin MXV tires which I bought for my Mazda 626 years ago from Sears. I was getting bad vibration from 60 MPH up and could not find what the problem was. Rebalancing the wheels did not help. You could not see anything on the tire tread when you looked at it. It must have been a loose belt, shifting its position as the tire got hot because vibration got really bad after an hour or so of driving. When I rotated the front tires to the back, the vibration was greatly reduced and now I only felt it in the driver's seat, not in the steering wheel. This confirmed that the problem was in the front tires, not in the car suspension. Replacing all four tires with a different brand (Kumho in this case) fixed the issue.

I had a set of Michelin Pilot tires on the same car which were great, but wore out rather quickly due to softer tread compound. The MXV Michelins were absolute junk. Go figure.

Edited by pm26

Were you the guy that got a buyback and got a new 2014? I know avatar's better than names sorry

I was offered trade in assistance on my 2014 Silverado towards a 2015 and when the 15 arrived it vibrated also so I said screw it and traded the 14 vibrato in for a 2015 Ram. Lost $7600 by not taking the deal but oh well GM won't ever tag me again.

If anyone gets a Ram make sure it has the ZF 8HP70 8 speed transmission, its awesome.

I just picked up my 2015 Silverdado 1500 LT 4X4 the other day. I absolutely loved it. Until I got it above 50mph and the shaking started. At 63mph the shaking was unbearable. I found this forum and started reading. After 32 pages I started to panic. I downloaded the vibration app mentioned earlier in this thread and began investigating. The worst vibration was being recorded at just over 800rpm, the speed my 20" wheels are spinning when traveling between 60-65mph. Long story short. The dealer discovered that both rear tires were no good. One had a broken bead and sidewall bulge that occurred during installation at the factory. One was calling for 12oz of weight when road force balanced. 12oz!!! Lol. After those two tires were replaced and all four tires road balanced?...smooth as glass at all speeds. I'm very relieved and very happy. I love this truck. Very quiet, very smooth, very comfortable and great on gas. Now I just need some running boards and a bed cover.

I should mention that my tires are Continental not Goodyear.

I just picked up my 2015 Silverdado 1500 LT 4X4 the other day. I absolutely loved it. Until I got it above 50mph and the shaking started. At 63mph the shaking was unbearable. I found this forum and started reading. After 32 pages I started to panic. I downloaded the vibration app mentioned earlier in this thread and began investigating. The worst vibration was being recorded at just over 800rpm, the speed my 20" wheels are spinning when traveling between 60-65mph. Long story short. The dealer discovered that both rear tires were no good. One had a broken bead and sidewall bulge that occurred during installation at the factory. One was calling for 12oz of weight when road force balanced. 12oz!!! Lol. After those two tires were replaced and all four tires road balanced?...smooth as glass at all speeds. I'm very relieved and very happy. I love this truck. Very quiet, very smooth, very comfortable and great on gas. Now I just need some running boards and a bed cover.

I should mention that my tires are Continental not Goodyear.

I had a similar issue with my 2014 Sierra 6.2 max twon3.73 1500 SLT Crew 6.5 Box. After having it to the dealer several times I took them for a ride and showed them the vibration. They said they had road force balanced the wheels and found one bad wheel.

I then found out they only road forced balanced the rear wheels. Then after replacing those it did get better

Once I brought the truck back the 3rd time the service manager drove the truck and showed him the issue. He said he felt it and while slight he said he would be unhappy about this if it was his truck.

They kept balancing my wheels and found their road force balance machine was broken. They sent all 4 wheels and tires to another dealer and ended up replacing one tire. Most of the issue is gone but there is a slight feeling of a driveline vibration.

They ordered the vibration analyzing tool and we are waiting on that. However if it can't be fixed more I has been improved by 80%. One more thing and I think it could be very close to perfect.

The funny thing is that I told them to road force balance all the wheels and tires and they didn't listen or care. They do as they are instructed by GM because they only get paid for what GM approves.

I will post again if they get the last vibration fixed completely. Hopefully they can. The service manager said the vibration is very common and service bulletins are out about this issue. Light duty trucks are where all the profits are for GM. This is my third GM truck and first brand new. They have to figure this out or they are done.

Hopefully the issues can be found and everyone on this board can be made whole.

• Like 1

I bought my 2014 crew cab Silverado in September. I took it in within 3 weeks of purchase for a high speed vibration. My truck was just returned to me this week. Yes, you are reading correctly. 2 plus months in the shop. My truck had everything you can think of swapped out. a

All of the normal things including force balance tires, driveshafts, axles, etc. it appears to be much better after the three days I have driven it.

My major complaint has been the fact that I had to drive a Double Cab with an inferior interior including a 6 cylinder engine for half my repair.

I complained non stop to GM with no recourse. The only time I got satisfaction was when the dealer sold that truck and made me bring it back in for another truck. I was then given a crew cab truck. My complaint this time was the fact that my loaner came without a trailer hitch. I continued paying my $630/month this entire time. I had to borrow vehicles to get my boat out of the lake because I did not have a truck with a hitch. I had to borrow a truck to go on vacation as my family did not fit in a double cab. That's why I bought a crew cab!!!

Now GM wants to give me full credit for my MSRP toward a 2015. Unfortunately for me, I am expected to pay any difference for the increases on a 2015. I have repeatedly asked for a slight upgrade on my package to include bucket seats and a Bose stereo. I felt that was the least that GM could do. GM has told me to pound sand. I already had a leather interior All Star pkg in my previous truck. I guess this request on my behalf was unreasonable. I have been paying for much more truck than I have been driving for 3 months. As a matter of fact I have driven my truck for 3 weeks of my life and made 3 months of $630 payments, all the while driving a less than desirable loaner. What a crock of shit. Still arguing with GM on my replacement vehicle. I work with two other guys who have 2014 in same scenario in Northern Metro Detroit. This is my 15th GM new truck since 1994 .

Kevin

Kevin

Ive had my truck to the dealer about 15 times since July when I bought it. They tried to give me small car loaners a couple times. I refused them. I bought a TRUCK, not a small car. Im a big tall guy and I dont FIT in small cars very well.

I have used about 1100 bucks in PTO from work, a couple hundred bucks in gas, dealer is 60 miles round trip from my house. I can only take PTO from work in 4 hour increments, so, 4 hours off every time I take it there, 4 hours off every time I pick it up, unless its a weekend.

I burned up about 50 hours PTO so far, so I dont get to take Christmas week off this year to spend with my family. I have to work because of GM and this POS truck.

GM doesnt care and has only offered me 250 bucks in GM accessories after I asked for 1000 cash in compensation.

Whats 250 in GM bucks buy? A couple exhaust tips? I declined. I will get all my expenses back in court when I make GM EAT this MoFo POS.

I've had my truck back from the dealer a little over a week from the second repair attempt. This last time all they did was road force balance rear tires. The report says they were both off, this is what they did last time. How can my tires get unbalanced so soon? When I got truck back last week it did ride smooth, I felt the usual tire noise going over rough highway but no vibration in seat at 65-75. I noticed it's getting bad again today to and from work.

So, I went under truck feeling around for anything loose. The only thing I could find is that my drive shaft will rotate 1/8 of a turn in both directions in park. I also found that the yoke coming out of transmission has some play, when i grab it will move up and down maybe around 1/8 inch. Can someone that has a truck that don't vibrate check there drive shaft and transmission yoke and let me know if it's the same. This is driving me crazy.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by td33

Just noticed something else, when I put truck in reverse I hear clunkkk, when I put truck in drive I hear clunkkk. This happens every single time I put truck in reverse and drive. Something is clearly wrong my truck never did this, anyone else experiencing the same? In my previous post I stated I found excessive play in transmission yoke IMO. I put on over 600 miles a week I have over 17,000 now.

I got tired of waiting for the dealer to call when the engineer from GM would call him :nopity:

So I thought I'd chat with GM customer service, by some grace of a higher power the GM

C/S person said that an appointment was set for 12/10/2014 I asked what time and they

did not know only that the engineer was to call the dealer and in turn call me ( way more to this part of the story ) :bs:

So about three 3pm I get a call to get the truck down to the dealer so it's ready bright and early for Mr. engineer

I'll state this again My dealer has gone way beyond the norm by not only keeping me informed but they

also had a 2015 C-1500 C/C with FOUR (4) miles on it waiting for me pointing out toward the road :thumbs:

I asked to talk to the engineer but it does not work that way, So I just happend to swing by around 1pm and

they were just fininshing up road forcing tires for the umtenth time, I waited for over an hour and they still

had not come back. My thought is they might think that they can drive the vibration out of it :fingersx:

On my way out the Service Manager said that it's GM policy to redo everything the dealer

had done so I asked if they had time to pop in a new pinion as well as another set of Michelins or did he put

the Bridgestones back on and did he do the same to the truck they are using like mine out of inventory

with the very exact issues :crackup:

I've not heard a peep so far today :dunno:

Breaking News on any Vibration Updates to follow :tumbleweed: