Fixed my vibration, at least the majority of it. Traded for a 2015 silverado. The new one drives vastly better at all speeds. not perfect, but a HUGE improvement. I actually enjoy driving it. Kept driving them until I found one that was acceptable. About 30 '14s and 8 '15s. Not a color I would normally pick but it was to the point I didn't really care. Lemon Yellow would have worked if it didn't vibrate.

Common denominator? That's easy. How about "quality control flushed down the toilet at all levels"?

I have to agree.

especially since it seams no two trucks share the same defects yet they all suffer from a large assortment of a dozen or so similar random defects and poor quality issues in a fairly common area of failure such as the drive train.

I think they are building trucks using parts bins filled with parts that are one out of every three parts are defective and will cause issues and now multiply that by the thousands of parts they put on these trucks and its a wonder how ANY of them work correctly

Hey Scotty,

Sorry to you're experiencing this as well but it's good to hear things are getting smoother. Please feel free to reach out to us via private message when you decide to go back for service. We'd be happy to connect with them for further discussion.

Best Regards,

Eddie A.

GM Customer Care

It's a crying shame we all have new vehicles and GM is picking and choosing who they work with and whose trucks they fix. Why?? We all want are trucks to be fixed. We all paid good money for the Trucks but it seems some of us have to take extreme measures in order to get our trucks fixed. Meaning BBB/Lawyer.

Wow...I googled "2014 silverado arm rest shake" and found this thread. Mine shakes pretty bad. Has anyone tried tightening the arm rest? If I put most of my upper body down on mine, it stops shaking lol!

BTW...All kidding aside, this SUCKS and I'm PISSED

Wow...I googled "2014 silverado arm rest shake" and found this thread. Mine shakes pretty bad. Has anyone tried tightening the arm rest? If I put most of my upper body down on mine, it stops shaking lol!

BTW...All kidding aside, this SUCKS and I'm PISSED

Sorry for the bad news... Believe me, lots of people here found this forum the exact same way. Good luck, and hope you have some time and patience to deal with the dealer. Oh btw, welcome to the forum.

It's a crying shame we all have new vehicles and GM is picking and choosing who they work with and whose trucks they fix. Why?? We all want are trucks to be fixed. We all paid good money for the Trucks but it seems some of us have to take extreme measures in order to get our trucks fixed. Meaning BBB/Lawyer.

IMO, the issue with why GM helps some customers out with their problem trucks right away with repair, trade assist or buyback and why GM fights some people all the way to BBB/court boils down to the dealership where you take your problem 2014 for repair.

Some dealership service managers seem to be honest, admit there IS a problem after driving your truck and try to fix your truck. Some trucks are even successfully fixed with replacing this or that. Some service managers realize they cant fix the problem, after trying to do so, and tell that to GM and the 2014 owner may then get a trade assist or buyback offer from GM without further action from the customer.

Other service managers, mine for example, appear to be incompetent or obtuse. They insist that a tire balance will fix the vibration, and afterward insist that it IS fixed even as you drive them down the road and show them that the vibration still obviously exists. The evidence of which is the violently shaking console between the aforementioned service manager and myself at 70 mph. This service manager then tells GM that nothing is wrong with the truck. GM takes the word of this dubiously named "expert" and says that they will do nothing further to repair something that is "operating as designed". Then you have to fight with GM all the way and force them to take action primarily with a BBB Autoline complaint and eventually heading toward a lemon lawsuit.

IMO, the issue with why GM helps some customers out with their problem trucks right away with repair, trade assist or buyback and why GM fights some people all the way to BBB/court boils down to the dealership where you take your problem 2014 for repair.

Some dealership service managers seem to be honest, admit there IS a problem after driving your truck and try to fix your truck. Some trucks are even successfully fixed with replacing this or that. Some service managers realize they cant fix the problem, after trying to do so, and tell that to GM and the 2014 owner may then get a trade assist or buyback offer from GM without further action from the customer.

Other service managers, mine for example, appear to be incompetent or obtuse. They insist that a tire balance will fix the vibration, and afterward insist that it IS fixed even as you drive them down the road and show them that the vibration still obviously exists. The evidence of which is the violently shaking console between the aforementioned service manager and myself at 70 mph. This service manager then tells GM that nothing is wrong with the truck. GM takes the word of this dubiously named "expert" and says that they will do nothing further to repair something that is "operating as designed". Then you have to fight with GM all the way and force them to take action primarily with a BBB Autoline complaint and eventually heading toward a lemon lawsuit.

That's exactly where I stand. At my selling dealer after I purchased my truck I couldn't get anyone to call me back or help me. They still owed me a key and a bunch of other add ons I negotiated in to the deal. I let a week go by before going to the general manager.

After I went to the general manager my add ons were done and I got my extra key. Problem is they did a horrible job on installing my leather and I brought that up and they say "it's new it needs to shrink to fit the seats". Ya right leather stretches not shrinks. So I went back to the Gm about that and ever since then they don't want to help or return my phone call.

Last GM product I will EVER own unless they step up in a big way to make this right. If this goes so far as civil court I will spend every waking moment making people aware of this issue and how Government Motors doesn't want to admit they have a MAJOR problem.

I'm also going to be contacting our local news team problem solvers line and see if I can get them to do a story on it.

In the past year Chevy. dealership has bought back two 2014 Silverado's from me due to the vibration issue. The last one they bought back in November I received a 2015 Silverado..... Same issue... I plan on driving for a while then trading. Don't know for what at this point. Tired of dealing with this issue. Moving on...

In the past year Chevy. dealership has bought back two 2014 Silverado's from me due to the vibration issue. The last one they bought back in November I received a 2015 Silverado..... Same issue... I plan on driving for a while then trading. Don't know for what at this point. Tired of dealing with this issue. Moving on...

Incredible

My 2014 lt doesn't *23,000+* miles sry 3000+ are having problems. .. im betting most of u guys have short beds and trucks that are made in the USA. Sry i just think this is so funny... for 18,000 miles my truck was stock hight before i leveled it and better tires. And all it dose is keep trucking. I think 90% of the post on this thread are a joke. I've been in 4,,, 2014 so far and never heard or seen anything. All the trucks I've been in have been CC 6.5 beds 2 gmc and my chevy and my buddys chevy.

• Like 1

My 2014 lt doesn't *23,000+* miles sry 3000+ are having problems. .. im betting most of u guys have short beds and trucks that are made in the USA. Sry i just think this is so funny... for 18,000 miles my truck was stock hight before i leveled it and better tires. And all it dose is keep trucking. I think 90% of the post on this thread are a joke. I've been in 4,,, 2014 so far and never heard or seen anything. All the trucks I've been in have been CC 6.5 beds 2 gmc and my chevy and my buddys chevy.

great, so you will take over the notes on my truck then since you don't believe they have problems, fantastic.

its a fantastic truck as long as you don't drive over 60mph or you get car sick or if you expect it to ride smooth on smooth roads, where shall I meet you to transfer the title and financial obligation over to you?

while you got lucky you should be happy you got one of the good ones, yet instead you take it as an opportunity to try and deny the problems others have with their trucks.

are you "colosus" back to troll once again with another one of your several accounts

Edited by keakar

I think these frames are just stiff and granted some are having tire issues, rear end issues etc, a lot of it depends on the roads in your area. I just drove about 200 miles of road in florida heading home from Christmas with the family and smooth as silk on one road at 75mph and then rode like a dump truck once I hit the turnpike all factors the same. Trans temp stayed the same, tire pressure the same, only thing that changed was the road and it was quite a big difference. Not entirely thrilled with the ride of it at all but I know it's not tire related for sure since I have already had a new set put on that road forced all under 12lbs. Not sure what else to do at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

great, so you will take over the notes on my truck then since you don't believe they have problems, fantastic.

its a fantastic truck as long as you don't drive over 60mph or you get car sick or if you expect it to ride smooth on smooth roads, where shall I meet you to transfer the title and financial obligation over to you?

while you got lucky you should be happy you got one of the good ones, yet instead you take it as an opportunity to try and deny the problems others have with their trucks.

are you "colosus" back to troll once again with another one of your several accounts

Well bud, you've a short bed 2wd... like i said , i only have driven in the kinda trucks I've. .. 1. 2wd 2.short bed, why get a truck? U don't even have a truck in my book. .. im no ****ing trool. Put a video up let us see your problem. Cause i think most of the people on this theard just B cause they can't afford their truck. Like i said 23,200+ miles not 1 thing wrong 50c5645ee015f8a9c6256afdf02fa49b.jpg6ebd0d8cd317e397d639637ecb2a2fd7.jpg I've more miles now tho lol. I love my truck
  • Like 1

I think these frames are just stiff and granted some are having tire issues, rear end issues etc, a lot of it depends on the roads in your area. I just drove about 200 miles of road in florida heading home from Christmas with the family and smooth as silk on one road at 75mph and then rode like a dump truck once I hit the turnpike all factors the same. Trans temp stayed the same, tire pressure the same, only thing that changed was the road and it was quite a big difference. Not entirely thrilled with the ride of it at all but I know it's not tire related for sure since I have already had a new set put on that road forced all under 12lbs. Not sure what else to do at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm willing to bet that you drove on a concert road that cause it....