My truck turned out to be the wheel balance, They showed me videos of them road force balancing them. Two of the wheels were as good as they could get. The machine didn't recommend any more weight and still failed them. They did improve the shake drastically though by redoing them. So I'm going to give it some time and if they are still bad I'm going to call Hankook and see if they will warranty them.

RIng and Pinion made ZERO difference in my truck just got it back Thursday after being in the shop 2 weeks.

Not making me feel warm and cozy inside.

I went to Ram back in 2008. Loved that truck, but I grew up in Chevy's. Just had to go back. Guess I should have stuck with my Ram last year.

Truck goes back in tomorrow for road force which doesn't make sense. Service manager giving us the run around. Saying they can only road force balance again and nothing else they can do. And suggested we call the dealership we bought it from. Asked about gm tech to come in and check it out and try to give us a hard time about that also. So he finally agreed if the rf doesn't fix he he will try to get a tech in. Just in case anyone missed it attached is the write up from gm

post-133408-0-03373600-1434588128_thumb.jpg

Edited by JC84

Ok, they pulled and balanced the drive shaft this morning, didn't fix it. They are now looking at the ring and pinion. Parts in tomorrow morning to make the changes. They told me it's defiantly something in the rear end that's causing the vibration.

Crazy thing is, I had zero vibration until about 12,000 miles. Then like a switch it started.

Hope they get it close enough by this Friday as I need the truck this weekend.

Very frustrating to pay this much for a vehicle and it's not 100%.

Looked at a Tahoe LTZ yesterday, might have to dump and run if this doesn't get fixed right.

Going from the pickup to the SUV will be like going from the frying pan into the fire! Go check out the "Yukon Cabin Noise" thread in the SUV action of this website....not only do you get vibration but as an added bonus you get the dreaded "boom" sounds, which end up sounding like wind buffeting. Except your windows will be closed. And if you're really lucky, it will be so severe you'll actually feel ear pressure and may even get headaches like some of the folks are experiencing. Then, GM will start by doing the TSB that removes he headliner (from your brand new $80,000 vehicle) so they can re-glue the roof skin to the flimsy struts because the factory glue let go. Then they will try Roadforce balancing a bunch of times.

But, you won't notice the vibration, because the noise is so annoying it's all you will focus on when you drive it. So, I guess you'll have that going for you....

Yea, my Yukon has vibration and cabin noise. I will say that loosening the body mounts, driving it, and re-torquing did reduce the buffeting to the point where I don't feel pressure anymore. But still hear it. And did not improve the vibration at all. Now, the vibration is mainly felt in the steering wheel and it fairly high frequency (buzzy) but the seats do jiggle a fair bit as well especially if there is no one in them. That said, I find a lot on new vehicles do that. Seems like the stiffer chassis and suspensions result in the seats jiggling a fair bit. I don't know if that is connected to the vibration felt in the steering wheel or not.

Just a comment to those who's rear end was replaced and did not see an improvement. My concern is that since all GM is doing is swapping parts, and not telling the dealership or the customer what the root problem is with the ring gear, there is absolutely no way for the dealership to know if the new parts are just as flawed as the ones coming out. Classic definition of insanity - keep doing the same thing over and over and expect a different result! Not going to happen, GM. If there is a flaw in the ring gear, or the carrier, or the housing, or even the bearings as one poster suggested a while back, then installed the same flawed part, new or not, ain't gonna solve it! Just wasting everyone's time and money.

GM would be better off saying "we don't know the problem, we are working on it, and as soon as we have a fix we will correct your vehicle". At least all this wasted time at the dealership and false hope would go away and be less frustrating. But what do I know...I'm just the lowly customer (with the $80,000 in my pocket). GM is infinitely smarter then me ... they got my money, didn't they!

Edited by Wrench589

I think the big problem is that not everyone's vibration is caused by the same thing. Some people it's their tires. Some it's the drive shaft, some it's the body mounts etc. So they need to try each step starting at the cheapest.

Edited by projectsummit

Got my truck back today. 3 brand new tires, 2 rear shocks, driveshaft is within tolerance. ZERO Change. Time to call them again in the morning. Attached pic for the write up from gym

Rechecked my truck last night at the 68-75mph range. The roadforce balance with 2 new tires did the job... As others had mentioned, I did try for the 4 new tires but because the truck only had 1000 miles on it, they wouldn't budge....

have only 5k miles on my truck now, rarely drive on the highway, but recently did and felt the vibration at 75mph. I only just felt it in my seat - the console and steering wheel was not shaking. I guess I'll see what my dealer says/does.

I wouldn't be surprised if the problem that most people have is due to the Goodyear SR-A's. When looking at buying tires I noticed the SR-A's always showed up first as the cheapest option. They really are a dirt cheap run of the mill tire. Mine had pieces or rubber sticking out all over the place from the mold they used to make them. I could only imagine how bad they are to balance. If GM would just step up their game and use a better tire I bet there would be a lot less people complaining of vibration.

For the record I went to the dealer this morning to get my truck inspected and have them look at my vibration. My truck has 26k miles and it was the first time me being at th dealer for this particular issue.

Long story short I paid $50 to have my tires rebalanced and that fixed 95% of the vibration. I still get a very very slight vibration on the steering wheel but I'll drive a little more and see if it gets worse.

Dealership said they had great luck with the 2wd by just changing the tires to a different brand. 4wd they haven't had one in the shop, mines the first one. I Called around to the other dealerships and most of the 4wd they think to fix the issues is changing the tires and shocks to a different brand like they had been with the 2wd but there isn't a gm approved shock or tire that they can use.

Edited by JC84

For the record I went to the dealer this morning to get my truck inspected and have them look at my vibration. My truck has 26k miles and it was the first time me being at th dealer for this particular issue.

Long story short I paid $50 to have my tires rebalanced and that fixed 95% of the vibration. I still get a very very slight vibration on the steering wheel but I'll drive a little more and see if it gets worse.

You're using the blackbear tune correct and with AFM off? Did you remove and re-add afterwards? If so did you notice any vibration difference with factory AFM on vs off?

My tires were recently rebalanced and afterwards for the first time I tried AFM off. My petal vib at freeway speeds seems a little better but I still get the odd slight shakes and vibs randomly it seems. I can't confirm myself if I can tell the difference in vib with AFM off but the dealer said it was causing some of it. I can say that my fuel economy has not changed at all with AFM off which kind of boggles my mind.