Seems like everyone is having issues with the SR-A's. I have the LS-2 Goodyears that came stock on my High Country. I wonder if GM knew about it for the SR-A tires and figured to upgrade the tires for the highest trim package Chevy offers to reduce/ get rid of vibs and such. I do not have an issue whatsoever. I have seen my passenger seat shake a bit but nothing crazy.

Seems like everyone is having issues with the SR-A's. I have the LS-2 Goodyears that came stock on my High Country. I wonder if GM knew about it for the SR-A tires and figured to upgrade the tires for the highest trim package Chevy offers to reduce/ get rid of vibs and such. I do not have an issue whatsoever. I have seen my passenger seat shake a bit but nothing crazy.

My truck came with Continentals from the factory.

It vibes around 45-55. Most severe on decel.

Going from the pickup to the SUV will be like going from the frying pan into the fire! Go check out the "Yukon Cabin Noise" thread in the SUV action of this website....not only do you get vibration but as an added bonus you get the dreaded "boom" sounds, which end up sounding like wind buffeting. Except your windows will be closed. And if you're really lucky, it will be so severe you'll actually feel ear pressure and may even get headaches like some of the folks are experiencing. Then, GM will start by doing the TSB that removes he headliner (from your brand new $80,000 vehicle) so they can re-glue the roof skin to the flimsy struts because the factory glue let go. Then they will try Roadforce balancing a bunch of times.

But, you won't notice the vibration, because the noise is so annoying it's all you will focus on when you drive it. So, I guess you'll have that going for you....

Yea, my Yukon has vibration and cabin noise. I will say that loosening the body mounts, driving it, and re-torquing did reduce the buffeting to the point where I don't feel pressure anymore. But still hear it. And did not improve the vibration at all. Now, the vibration is mainly felt in the steering wheel and it fairly high frequency (buzzy) but the seats do jiggle a fair bit as well especially if there is no one in them. That said, I find a lot on new vehicles do that. Seems like the stiffer chassis and suspensions result in the seats jiggling a fair bit. I don't know if that is connected to the vibration felt in the steering wheel or not.

Just a comment to those who's rear end was replaced and did not see an improvement. My concern is that since all GM is doing is swapping parts, and not telling the dealership or the customer what the root problem is with the ring gear, there is absolutely no way for the dealership to know if the new parts are just as flawed as the ones coming out. Classic definition of insanity - keep doing the same thing over and over and expect a different result! Not going to happen, GM. If there is a flaw in the ring gear, or the carrier, or the housing, or even the bearings as one poster suggested a while back, then installed the same flawed part, new or not, ain't gonna solve it! Just wasting everyone's time and money.

GM would be better off saying "we don't know the problem, we are working on it, and as soon as we have a fix we will correct your vehicle". At least all this wasted time at the dealership and false hope would go away and be less frustrating. But what do I know...I'm just the lowly customer (with the $80,000 in my pocket). GM is infinitely smarter then me ... they got my money, didn't they!

Thanks for the tips.

I'm going to have to wait for some of these issues to die down before considering a burby. She was calling my name too!!

9eafdd37a9f84730ebc444738180c1d0.jpg

As for my truck after a week the service manager calls and tells me they got it. "It's smooth as butter he says" [emoji52]

Well I pick it up and he tells me, they replaced the drive shaft, checked the rear end ring and pinion gear. Road force balanced all the tires and still couldn't find it. So they decided to swap my wheels for another set and boom vibration gone. So I got 4 new tires and two new 22" rims. Think the rims were out of round slightly he says. I asked them if they drove it on the highway to make sure. He said says he drove it himself to verify the work as this one had them stumped for five days.

Too keep these guys honest, I reset my trip meter when I dropped it off. When I picked it up they had driven over 70 miles and left me with an empty tank of gas!!!

956edb78d015f33e044d30418014aed8.jpg

I immediately head out on the highway on a 100 mile round trip dash to Baltimore to test this baby out and boom it's fixed!!! [emoji1]

I have to wonder though. I had no vibration at all until my last service at this dealer. After they changed oil and rotated tires, the vibration started. Wonder if they didn't get my rear wheels on straight and they got damaged as I drove another 5K after that service.

Hummmmm??

Happy now things are smooth again.

You're using the blackbear tune correct and with AFM off? Did you remove and re-add afterwards? If so did you notice any vibration difference with factory AFM on vs off?

My tires were recently rebalanced and afterwards for the first time I tried AFM off. My petal vib at freeway speeds seems a little better but I still get the odd slight shakes and vibs randomly it seems. I can't confirm myself if I can tell the difference in vib with AFM off but the dealer said it was causing some of it. I can say that my fuel economy has not changed at all with AFM off which kind of boggles my mind.

My particular black bear tune does not have AFM disabled. I was going to flash the stock ECM and TCM tunes but I couldn't find the OBD2 cable early this morning and was in a rush to be there before they opened since I did not have an appointment. I figured I would be ok since they were just going to balance out the tires, and I was.

I thought my vibration was a little odd, if wouldn't happen at a specific speed but in the 65-75mph range. Usually if I hit a pothole or something it would vibrate until I slowed down. It was exactly like the guy captured it in the video below; If the link doesn't work start video at 3 min mark.

It was mostly in the seats and center console which indicates it was a rear tire issue. AFM being on or off did not affect the vibration and in my experience my engine runs perfectly smooth on both v8 and v4. And its strange what you say about fuel economy not being affected after disabling AFM. I know other members on here have said the same. I might have Justin disable it on another tune but I tend to like it as my MPG will climb into the 20's during highway use. My latest full tank MPG average was 18.5, that's with the 91+ tune. That was about 70% highway vs city driving.

Seems to me that the likely reason so many Silverado owners have not had success getting the dealers to completely fix the vibration is that so many different causes have been identified: tires, wheels, drive shaft, rear end gears, and combinations thereof. It takes a dealer that will really engage the problem and be willing to keep working on it without taking an easy out and calling the remaining vibration normal or acceptable.

All of this makes me wonder if and why the Silverado is more sensitive to vibration than past models. Just seems like any of these variables can make this particular model vibrate more than past trucks.

BT

First post, hope I don't mess it up. I am also the proud owner of a $45k vibrator. I have been following this topic for a while and thought I'd put my 2 cents in. Dealer changed a few tires and balanced several times. No change. I paid independent shop to balance helped, but still slight vibs in console and steering wheel. Put Bilstein 5100 adjustable struts on, no change in vibs . Put Toyo AT II's no change in vibs. Almost $1,700.00 out of my pocket trying to fix a new truck that the dealer tells me some vibration is normal. Sorry for the little rant!

First post, hope I don't mess it up. I am also the proud owner of a $45k vibrator. I have been following this topic for a while and thought I'd put my 2 cents in. Dealer changed a few tires and balanced several times. No change. I paid independent shop to balance helped, but still slight vibs in console and steering wheel. Put Bilstein 5100 adjustable struts on, no change in vibs . Put Toyo AT II's no change in vibs. Almost $1,700.00 out of my pocket trying to fix a new truck that the dealer tells me some vibration is normal. Sorry for the little rant!

The problem you will face now is that there the dealer will probably not look at your vibration issue now, since you have added several aftermarket parts.

Can you post a little more info on your truck? Cab layout? 4x4? 6.2?

Yeah I thought about dealer not wanting to look at it, but after looking at this topic and some not getting fixed and some were, I figured what the heck. Dealer couldn't even balance tires correctly! I have a crew cab 5.3 4x4 Z71 SLE. The vibration isn't horrible but very annoying since I travel a smooth interstate for about 100 miles round trip daily.

• Like 1

I had 2 sets of ls2's on my first truck that was bought back for vibration.. SRAs were on my second but only for 500 miles. I replaced the tires myself on 2nd truck and now I have 16k smooth miles on the 2nd truck.

Yeah I thought about dealer not wanting to look at it, but after looking at this topic and some not getting fixed and some were, I figured what the heck. Dealer couldn't even balance tires correctly! I have a crew cab 5.3 4x4 Z71 SLE. The vibration isn't horrible but very annoying since I travel a smooth interstate for about 100 miles round trip daily.

Similar here, mines only somewhat annoying sometimes.

What axle ratio do you have?

Like WendysOrBust mentioned my dealer swapped my larger than stock Toyo AT II's off my truck and tested with stock tires. They said GM makes them test with stock size tires. In the end they said my vib was made worse with the larger tires combined with the 3.08 axle ratio. Also that the v4 mode was causing a little of it but that was considered normal. I had thought about the Blistiens but you mentioned they didn't make a difference?

I thought my vibration was a little odd, if wouldn't happen at a specific speed but in the 65-75mph range. Usually if I hit a pothole or something it would vibrate until I slowed down..

I've noticed this with mine too. Its like a rough patch of road sets it off and then the truck can't stop itself from vibing. That's why I wondered if better shocks would help.

One other thing I noticed was when my truck was in and they gave me a Traverse for a loaner I hits these same spots along my commute and it too you could feel the roughness of the road kinda start to vib the vehicle but it was much less intense and was able to recover from it quickly if this makes sense. What you'd expect a vehicles suspension to do but the truck can't seem to handle it as well.

• Like 1

I've noticed this with mine too. Its like a rough patch of road sets it off and then the truck can't stop itself from vibing. That's why I wondered if better shocks would help.

One other thing I noticed was when my truck was in and they gave me a Traverse for a loaner I hits these same spots along my commute and it too you could feel the roughness of the road kinda start to vib the vehicle but it was much less intense and was able to recover from it quickly if this makes sense. What you'd expect a vehicles suspension to do but the truck can't seem to handle it as well.

When I had my 2004 Ram 2500 there was (and currently still is for that generation of trucks) a huge issue called "Death Wobble" This was only an issue on the 4x4 models with the live front axel. Basically due to either tires, miss-aligned suspension, shocks, or a combination of all, you would get a very violent vibration after hitting a rough patch on the road which would not go away until speed was decreased. This is a good video of it below;

I bring this up because its sort of similar to what we are currently experiencing. Dodge would balance tires, re-align suspension, etc, basically cover all its bases and still some people could not sort it out. Others found that certain brands of tires would be more prone to death wobble, so members on the forums were urged to replace those tires first. I remember the original BfGoodrich KO's were known to cause death wobble.

I think in our case the Goodyear tires seem to be causing issues. Although a member up top did say he experienced vibrations while on the stock Continental tires as well. Do users on the 18" wheels also experience vibrations? It would greatly help is users would post the basics of their trucks when posting complaints. Things such as year, make, model, cabin type, engine, rear end, suspension package, milage, wheel size, are all important factors to keep track of. Who knows, we might find that z60 packages are more prone to this or vice versa.

Anyone know the torque specs of the body mounts? I'd love to give this a try. I have aftermarket wheels, tires, and a leveling kit, so going to the dealer is probably not an option.

After u said that I tired it today. I took off my side steps and retorqued the body mounts bolts to 70ft lbs. Vibration in the seat and console is gone so far that I know will drive a week to verify. Had the 70mph and above vibration and 40-50. But also the dealerships put 4new tires and rear shocks.

After u said that I tired it today. I took off my side steps and retorqued the body mounts bolts to 70ft lbs. Vibration in the seat and console is gone so far that I know will drive a week to verify. Had the 70mph and above vibration and 40-50. But also the dealerships put 4new tires and rear shocks.

Did the shocks and tires make a difference, or did the most improvement come from torquing the body mounts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did the shocks and tires make a difference, or did the most improvement come from torquing the body mounts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Retorquing the body mounts because it was still there with the new tires and shocks