Retorquing the body mounts because it was still there with the new tires and shocks

Wow great to hear! I'll probably go out and check mine this morning or this evening. Have you had it out on the highway yet? I saw you had the 40mph (ish) vibe and the 70+. Thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes drove for about an hour on different roads all the way to 85. Just have a slight vib in the steering wheel which is no big deal nearly noticeable which is from the tires

Edited by JC84

There's a total of 3 on each side. I took a pic but u can only see 2 from the angle I took it from. See the silver washer u need to tighten those bolts with a torqu wrench 70ft lbs

post-133408-0-91825100-1434930596_thumb.jpg

Edited by JC84

There's a total of 3 on each side. I took a pic but u can only see 2 from the angle I took it from. See the silver washer u need to tighten those bolts with a torqu wrench 70ft lbs

Cool beans. I will add that the tech/engineer, whatever you want to call him, stated that they would loosen them, drive down some bumpy roads, then re-torque. Basically to get everything to settle.

JC Is this what you did?

Edited by Strykers_Inc

Cool beans. I will add that the tech/engineer, whatever you want to call him, stated that they would loosen them, drive down some bumpy roads, then re-torque. Basically to get everything to settle.

JC Is this what you did?

I just loosed one side at a time and retighten it. Drive an hour and rechecked it

Well I know I am getting in on the tail end of the forum. I had a 2013 silverado WT and traded it in for the 2015 work truck. Identical options plow package tow package. It is like night and day. The 2013 rode like a Cadillac were the 2015 I have problems keeping it on the road due to such a hard ride and vibration. When I hit a bump the truck is all over the road and forget about taking it on the highway. The last time I did I thought I was going to loose both kidneys due to the violent shacking of the truck.I bought the truck in March and now have 2900 miles on it. I am on my 2nd set of tires and still seems no one has a clue on how or if the problem can be fixed.

The sad part is I work for a GM dealership and can not honestly push there trucks knowing of the problems I am having with mine and still sleep at night.

Well I know I am getting in on the tail end of the forum. I had a 2013 silverado WT and traded it in for the 2015 work truck. Identical options plow package tow package. It is like night and day. The 2013 rode like a Cadillac were the 2015 I have problems keeping it on the road due to such a hard ride and vibration. When I hit a bump the truck is all over the road and forget about taking it on the highway. The last time I did I thought I was going to loose both kidneys due to the violent shacking of the truck.I bought the truck in March and now have 2900 miles on it. I am on my 2nd set of tires and still seems no one has a clue on how or if the problem can be fixed.

The sad part is I work for a GM dealership and can not honestly push there trucks knowing of the problems I am having with mine and still sleep at night.

Welcome to the forum jpcons,

Yes it's a very sad deal, GM is selling so many that they have the attitude that until it hits

national headlines they will not focus on the actual issues and keep putting band aids on it.

I had a '14 W/T brought it in with a bit over 300 miles GM put over a 1000 miles on it and

had to take it back. four sets of different tires two different sets of rims, Ring & Pinion, Rear

Differental, body mount deal and up until they put the check in my hand it was deemed

' Normal Opperation '

I loosened and retorqued the body mounts one at a time tonight. I probably should have loosened all of them and the retorqued all of them instead of doing them one by one. I'll give this a shot and if nothing I will loosen them and drive around a little and retorque and see if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is not something I'm proud of.....more disgusted than anything. After 3 sets of tires and a set of wheels....my truck began having the same issue again ....70 plus speed and vibration. I refused to take it back.....looking at all the owners on this forum and no resolutions......the outcome for a fix seemed bleak and dismal at best. It seem some people are happy with their trucks and that's great ... just not my testimony.

I saw owners with 2015 models having the same issues and the service e departments doing the same recourse as what I experienced.....change tires several times......road force balance and pretend there is not an issue. I know Chevy to be a good brand (bought my wife a brand new impala Ltz last year too)....but I refused to give them another shot.

After 3 sets of tires a set of wheels and 2 other issues ( resolved ones) and 11k miles.....I got rid of my Silverado and got a Tundra. For 45 grand I expect something reliable and my truck just didn't show that to me.

Very disappointing especially since I spent over 2500 dollars in accessories for my truck. Truly liked the vehicle. ...hated the issues! Good luck....I kept every service record for when they do recall the truck...I felt like I was forced to get rid of it since in my opinion....they never could fix it.

• Like 2

Well over a week ago, I had all tires road forced balanced and an alignment performed. Steering wheel and rear shake.

Vibration still present, but felt a little better in the front. Took it back and told them, I think front is better but can't tell because of the rear vibration (work order actually states that). They warrantied 2 rear tires.

Rear tires on and it helped with the rear, now it just shows how bad the front vibration is. They road forced the fronts so I guess they can look elsewhere for the front vibration (on their dime), or admit that the front tires are out of spec and buy me 2 more tires.

Do we have the GM spec or TSB for the road force specs? 15lbs or less?

Well over a week ago, I had all tires road forced balanced and an alignment performed. Steering wheel and rear shake.

Vibration still present, but felt a little better in the front. Took it back and told them, I think front is better but can't tell because of the rear vibration (work order actually states that). They warrantied 2 rear tires.

Rear tires on and it helped with the rear, now it just shows how bad the front vibration is. They road forced the fronts so I guess they can look elsewhere for the front vibration (on their dime), or admit that the front tires are out of spec and buy me 2 more tires.

Do we have the GM spec or TSB for the road force specs? 15lbs or less?

15lbs is correct for the 2014+ trucks. Used to be 24lbs I believe, but GM lowered it with all of the vibe issues.