I have not read all 724 pages and 10,000+ posts in this exhaustive thread.

I do have one question.

Is the vibration issue only a problem in the 1500 Silverado/Sierra or are there issues with the 2500HD as well?

Hello all, it's been a while since I've posted but I thought I would give you an update. My 2015 GMC Was shaking so bad you could not put anything in the cup holder without spilling it. After four sets of tires a rear differential a new driveshaft two new front bearings a set of shocks and 63 days in the shop and it is exactly the same as it was when we started how sad is that.

I have been a master technician for 27 years and I think I may have figured it out it's not one specific item that causes the vibrations it's accumulative,the rear axles are out, put a dial indicator on them and they're out of spec front bearings the same driveshaft the same you need to buy aftermarket high-end front bearings have the spindles turned true on a lathe and have the driveshaft properly balanced and the vibrations go away. I tried to get the dealer to make some of these repairs and they refused . I spoke to one of the techs and he agreed with me which was surprising I mean we know there's an issue with these frames but I just think GM is using cheap spindles cheap bearings and the manufacturing of the driveshafts they're using are just not true and they are very susceptible to vibration .

I just can't understand why they keep throwing tires at this after eight sets of tires on one truck I think just common sense would tell you it's counterproductive to do another set.

CT lemon law has bought back every truck with a vibration. If you live in CT let me know.

They just replaced mine with a 2017 so I guess I'll hold my breath

Nope, it's the tires

lol

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Just silly how they can keep blaming the same tires that other manufacturers are putting on their new vehicles without any issues. The Bridgestones on my truck are the same ones some have on their vibrating GM trucks, but on a Toyota they are smooth as glass. Go figure.

The only update I have this far is no update.

Dealer is still waiting for "subject matter expert" to come from GM. While they were waiting they pulled diff cover and check ring and pinion for depth and backlash being out of spec and for ring runout. All are in spec but the PICO test pointed to the rear end for vibration.

The best thing going for me is that they were able to duplicate my concerns and I have time to wait. (Truck had been out of my possession for over 15 business days now)

I have been seriously looking into the 5 letter word 2500's lately though. I'm sure they all have some share of problems and I'm starting to think of new domestic trucks being like new houses and need the bugs worked out.

Edited by AllTerrain13

I think 2strokesmoke pretty much nailed the problem when he stated several pages back "I personally believe there is a stacking problem of critical rotating parts not machined correctly, add that to a high tensile frame, which allows frame beaming to occur and transfers all this energy to the cabin and passengers." I would only tweak his thesis a bit by saying it's not that the parts are not machined correctly its that current tolerances used for parts, sub-assemblies and such are no longer acceptable due to the frames higher tensile strength and rigidity. Think huge tuning fork under your butt. So, here's Dr. SB's prescription for the new 2019 models. Tighten tolerances suppliers are using. They all use SPC, six sigma, etc to control their process variation anyway. So, doing this should not be ball buster. Then, beam transfer has to be mitigated somehow, maybe by more/better frame mounts, this is outside my wheel-house so don't have much to offer on this. Lastly, by going to an aluminum skin vibration transfer from frame through skin will pretty much be ended as aluminum transfers vibration considerably less than steel. So, there you have it boys and girls. Now, ole SB is going back to sleep :)

• Like 3

Frame beaming can be reduced to an acceptable level with testing and a part changes, however they will not do a frame change untill a model change occours. If they offered up a frame change during mid model this would open up all those that have this know problem to ask for this fix! Not gonna happen!

Frame "mass" tweaks and closer tolerance of rotational parts will bring this truck into a night and day experience for owners. This would leave GM with only the new 10 speed transmission to roll out into production.

Also one more thing GM, can you tighten up this lagging throttle by wire system to be more responsive at the pedal. Faster processing of "logic" decisions would help a driver/owner enjoy your truck.

Fix the slow clumsy entertainment screen for overall tech enjoyment.

Lastly fix and or change excessive rear differential forward roll! This may require leaf spring stacking "thickness " changes to better support this energy release into leaf spring stacking.

Thxs

• Like 1

the vibe I have reminds me of a kid in school bending their ruler on the side of the desk pulling it up and it vibrating while he keeps doing it over and over. this happens on around 35-50ish mph on rough roads. I don't experience the vibrate part on the same roads in other vehicles.

truck actually runs smooth at highway speed, so I consider myself lucky in that respect. I really am excited about new tires hoping they make a difference.

hi tensile frame + loose tolerances = vibes

believe in 2strokes theories

hi tensile frame + loose tolerances = vibes

Ya after all this time this is it.

Actually....the Frame it's self is fine and does hum with vibration!

The problem everybody is having is the Mounts from Frame to Cab on 2014-2016....GM is revising for next gen.

Now the front cross member is another problem and the guys with upfront jiggles that's your problem.

The out of tolerance or loose as you say it components play a much smaller role. GM will also have a much improved front cross member on next gen also. Birdies man Little Birdies!

Actually....the Frame it's self is fine and does hum with vibration!

The problem everybody is having is the Mounts from Frame to Cab on 2014-2016....GM is revising for next gen.

Now the front cross member is another problem and the guys with upfront jiggles that's your problem.

The out of tolerance or loose as you say it components play a much smaller role. GM will also have a much improved front cross member on next gen also. Birdies man Little Birdies!

My previous post and quote from Gofas is something I believe in after my research on the new trucks. Everyone here will have theories. I believe its the slight changes in the frame body mounts and piss poor tolerances for components that are causing this problem.

• Like 1

My previous post and quote from Gofas is something I believe in after my research on the new trucks. Everyone here will have theories. I believe its the slight changes in the frame body mounts and piss poor tolerances for components that are causing this problem.

I did more than a theory on it.....and relayed it to the east cost Birdies and it was concluded. Your theory on the piss poor tolerances are nothing that has been different since the 70"s if anything the "piss poor tolerances" are 100% better mainly due to technology....where they are sourced from plays little role the overall quality/tolerances are unequivocally better today than say 15 years ago so throw that out!

Your left with: The best/strongest/most ridged frame in the business that is fused to the strongest most ridged cab architecture in the business and it's being let into your seat!

Take one that does not shake! Take it on multitude of roads! ALL TYPES of Roads paved, unpaved........NOW TAKE A GMT 900 and 800 series down the same roads........Bring into the mix a 400 yes, it runs good other than the rear main seal leak into the mix! Use multiple different drivers and ask nothing of them other than tell me what and where you feel anything........Conclusion: It started with the 900's in order to keep the creeking frames from happening we all concluded GM revised the FRAME MOUNTS for K2's....we exhibited absolutely no frame creeking/twisting on K2's all and every bit of the shaking was the whole cab hardly any DASH RATTLE AMOST NONE! Frame Creaking/Twisting very apparent on 900's Much more pronounced into dash shake yet some cab and butt shake! Now, the 800's Creaked/twisted and DASH SHOOK TO HOLLY HELL.....BUTTT there was hardly any Butt or Cab shake? I have driven this washboard gravel road for decades! The butt and body felt great in the 800's and the DASH was freaking cartoon to watch! 400 was exactly the same as 800 series............Much lighter though overall more bouncy as a whole.............

Like I said, "everyone of these "bastardas" shake because they are inherently designed to do so! So go find your road and get your shake on!

• Like 1

I did more than a theory on it.....and relayed it to the east cost Birdies and it was concluded. Your theory on the piss poor tolerances are nothing that has been different since the 70"s if anything the "piss poor tolerances" are 100% better mainly due to technology....where they are sourced from plays little role the overall quality/tolerances are unequivocally better today than say 15 years ago so throw that out!

Your left with: The best/strongest/most ridged frame in the business that is fused to the strongest most ridged cab architecture in the business and it's being let into your seat!

Take one that does not shake! Take it on multitude of roads! ALL TYPES of Roads paved, unpaved........NOW TAKE A GMT 900 and 800 series down the same roads........Bring into the mix a 400 yes, it runs good other than the rear main seal leak into the mix! Use multiple different drivers and ask nothing of them other than tell me what and where you feel anything........Conclusion: It started with the 900's in order to keep the creeking frames from happening we all concluded GM revised the FRAME MOUNTS for K2's....we exhibited absolutely no frame creeking/twisting on K2's all and every bit of the shaking was the whole cab hardly any DASH RATTLE AMOST NONE! Frame Creaking/Twisting very apparent on 900's Much more pronounced into dash shake yet some cab and butt shake! Now, the 800's Creaked/twisted and DASH SHOOK TO HOLLY HELL.....BUTTT there was hardly any Butt or Cab shake? I have driven this washboard gravel road for decades! The butt and body felt great in the 800's and the DASH was freaking cartoon to watch! 400 was exactly the same as 800 series............Much lighter though overall more bouncy as a whole.............

Like I said, "everyone of these "bastardas" shake because they are inherently designed to do so! So go find your road and get your shake on!

I hear you posting about your "birdies" and how GM knows about things and how they are revising and the next gen trucks will have this and that. Please stop with the bullshit. You got links with 100% proof GM is making changes to the body mounts? crossbeam? Quality has not gotten better and maybe you should look at the videos some have posted on how badly out of specs components have been on these trucks, so no, Im not throwing anything out. Im sure you will come back with something just like everyone has in this thread. Does not matter one bit as this problem is not fixed nor will it be anytime soon.

I hear you posting about your "birdies" and how GM knows about things and how they are revising and the next gen trucks will have this and that. Please stop with the bullshit. You got links with 100% proof GM is making changes to the body mounts? crossbeam? Quality has not gotten better and maybe you should look at the videos some have posted on how badly out of specs components have been on these trucks, so no, Im not throwing anything out. Im sure you will come back with something just like everyone has in this thread. Does not matter one bit as this problem is not fixed nor will it be anytime soon.

Whatever bro? Been accused of nothing but "conjecture from you tools" As it stands I am the only one who took the time to do a "study" and like I stated months ago....."It didn't cost me much other than BEER & GAS" We are 100% confident in the test and results my friend......Yes, they being "GM" is changing the Body mounts that is also 100% fact!

Whatever bro? Been accused of nothing but "conjecture from you tools" As it stands I am the only one who took the time to do a "study" and like I stated months ago....."It didn't cost me much other than BEER & GAS" We are 100% confident in the test and results my friend......Yes, they being "GM" is changing the Body mounts that is also 100% fact!

Youre calling us here tools? this is coming from the guy that says he did a "study" that cost him a beer and gas. Wow, maybe you should hear yourself and the shit that comes out your mouth. EVERYONE here has had their own theory and yours is nothing else.

And no its not 100% fact because the little "birdies" in that head of yours are telling GM is, you got nothing and keep it that way.

Edited by Pinnacle

Things look fairly normal inside. Doesn't look like any wear issues. (besides slightly burnt gear oil) SO far the only parts that look like they are the culprit for the vibration are the warped rear rotors or the lop sided driveline or axle shafts

Even with NO WHEELS/TIRES and on jack stands the truck still shakes at exactly 68mph just like it does normally.

Ignore my redneck airbag mounts (weren't any available when I bought the truck so I improvised)

4d3337539491c4ff16c4b2d88b1dec5c.jpg29004a1418853d15c171ea81a405abe1.jpg0af61d5aba3fc65b52ef51656c00cb3f.jpg301906ff631ed6e42ab5fe6735a8e2b4.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Edited by smcgillis10