Seat Movement Issues

b1gted, I went to have them look at the seat today and they are going to replace the entire seat bracket (similar to your situation). However, they said I could have a bracket installed by Tuesday/Wed of next week. I am not sure whether I should believe it or not that they will get the bracket in that time due to your prolonged waiting...

The service advisor was very limited in his words and none of them gave me screaming confidence that it will be here next week.

Keep me posted on what you find out. Thanks for the heads up.

I bought my LTZ in July and have noticed it pretty much from day one although it feels like its getting a little worse (or more sloppy) over the past couple weeks. I have about 1600 miles so far and wasnt sure if it was the seat cushion. As much as i try to replicate the movement manually, i cannot and it only does it during cornering and braking/acceleration, but it is extremely aggrevating. Now that i know i'm not the only one, i'll try to find time to take it the dealership and start the process. (Also the rear tailgate has never opened or latched properly, (since it was on the lot new) but who has time to keep taking their new vehicle in for service), so i'll probably just keep slamming the dang thing to get it to close fully until i take vacation to get it fixed. I had taken it in once and was told they agreed it was bad, but couldnt adjust it and it needed time in thier "body shop" to investigate further?

Hey there,

I do apologize for the delay in responding. I have checked your case notes. Your agent is continuing to work with your dealership and I am reaching out to some of my internal resources to see if I can answer all your question regarding resolving your moving seat issue.

Thank you for your patience,

Jennifer T.

GM Customer Care

Any updates? My dealer said seat adjuster needs replaced, but several other people have stated they got an entire new seat frame and it fixed the issue? Is this an option? I mean, what is my dealer waiting on? I know it only been about 10 days, but My seat is terrible and moves so much that I am starting to regret my purchase of a first year design change. If it wasn't the seat I sit in every time I drive it, I might be a little more patient, but when I read that other people are getting theirs fixed with a seat frame replacement, and I was only told that they ordered a seat adjuster that is back ordered........

Seat frame was replaced today at the dealer and it is like new again. All of the slop is gone and it feels nice and tight (so slop or slack in the seat). Haven't driven it too much yet, but so far so good (knock on wood).

b1gted, did you get your seat yet? My dealer ordered it and received it in less then a week. Sounds like your dealer may be confused or jerking you around...

• Like 1

b1gted, did you get your seat yet? My dealer ordered it and received it in less then a week. Sounds like your dealer may be confused or jerking you around...

No. My dealer ordered a seat adjuster. Not the frame. Not sure wtf the deal is. I can't believe there isn't a database telling them common problems seen and what to do about it. I haven't heard from them or anyone about it yet.

Edited by b1gted

• 2 weeks later...

Hey fellas,

My 14 SIlverado, with the 40-20-40, electric front bucket, is also developing identical "movement" or clunking issues that you are desribing. the movement started slighty at about 10, 000k and now my truck is at 13, 000 and it's definitely more noticeable. Is there a known fix for this?

• Like 1

My dealership fixed mine. Ordered a new seat frame from what they said. Now mine is moving again and I'll be back to the dealership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me know what comes of your secind trip back after the seat frame was replaced. Mine is doing it agajn after the frame was replaced. It was good for a couple of days but then returned quickly.

So it sounds like this is not just an issue with bucket seats but also with the split bench. Does everykne have cloth seats with this occuring? All power seats I imagine?

K want to see the frame with the seat off to see if tere is an obvious reason for the slack in the framenthat can be fixed outside the dealer. I dont want to be replacing seats once a month.....

It seems there are enough people with the issue so I would tend to agree that this has to be on gm's radar by now