Reverse Lights - Longer Life Led's

I am on my 3rd set of JDM Astar 800 led reverse lights and yet another one has gone out. Anyone have a better quality bulb recommendation.

These are the ones i have been buying.

thx

Edited by SkippyG4

I just ordered the Philips 921, they say they're guaranteed for 12 years. They're around $10 a bulb and on one of the other threads they show pics.

Edit: found the post, #144 http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/152495-2014-sierrasilverado-bulb-sizes/page-10

Edited by Salsa Steve

I just ordered the Philips 921, they say they're guaranteed for 12 years. They're around $10 a bulb and on one of the other threads they show pics.

Edit: found the post, #144 http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/152495-2014-sierrasilverado-bulb-sizes/page-10

I have had these for a few months now and really like them. You can get them on amazon in double packs.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know will the Philips 921 fit a 2016 Sierra? Amazon says it isn't a match but it is a matcn with the 2015... Maybe it's just not updated in the system yet?

I just replaced the Cargo and Reverse lights on my 2016 Sierra Denali and can confirm that the Philips 921 fit and look like what GM should have put in at the factory. They match the other LED lights well.

I am on my 3rd set of JDM Astar 800 led reverse lights and yet another one has gone out. Anyone have a better quality bulb recommendation.

These are the ones i have been buying.

thx

I am using those 800's on my 3rd brake lamp and 2 cargo lamps so far so good, stay way from the Phillips they produce such low light you cant even tell you installed LED's not any brighter than stock bulbs just white instead of yellow.

Those blade 800's don't align well with the reverse reflectors on my 2016, so I swapped them.

I am using these, so far love them and the reflect better, very bright.

https://www.jdmastar.com/max-50w-high-power-912-921-t10-t15-led-bulbs.html?search=921&description=true

Edited by camcamaro1991

Those are the ones I had been using that I am tired of replacing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

well crap you stated the 800's the ones I listed are rated at 950, not that it actually outputs 950 its a sales gimmick, I haven't had any issues so far.

I am guessing you called them, what did they say?

you can try looking for 194 bulbs as they "should" work (same/similar wedge) along side the 921 bulbs. we are kind of limited,

I have a set of JDM 3157 in my 2013 Denali going 2 years strong no issues at all, but they wont fit. Not sure why GM is running a 921 for a reverse light on these k2xx's.

Edited by camcamaro1991

Never had an issue with V-LED... and the color match was spot on. The reverse light output was improved drastically and it really helped with backing up at night, as well as camera view.

• 3 years later...