Was able to knock this out this weekend thanks to Phil's harness and another forum member, Alex, for selling me the console. Got everything painted, trim wrapped, and connected successfully. I'll end up replacing the wireless charging and reupholstering the lid as well eventually. For now I'm happy with how things have turned out.

On 1/19/2019 at 3:32 PM, bdmd5093 said:

-completely remove the passenger seat, it will make your life much easier.  I disconnected everything but the seatbelt and just slid it as far back in the second row as it would go and that gave me plenty of room.  There is a good YouTube video that details the passenger seat removal, hardest part is removing the trim under seat - use a pry tool and just keep working til they pop loose

Brian

Would you mind sharing this link? I looked but couldn't find what I thought was a good How-To.

Thanks. I'm doing this swap this weekend.

5 hours ago, MW Wood said:

Would you mind sharing this link? I looked but couldn't find what I thought was a good How-To.

Thanks. I'm doing this swap this weekend.

Here is the video I found helpful.  getting the plastic trim piece off of the front of the seat track closest to the middle seat section is definitely the hardest part— just keep working with it and it takes a lot of force.  Also, this video does not show how to remove the seatbelt, so I just left it attached.  I was still able to move the seat all the way into the back row and had plenty of room to work.  Good luck!

• Like 2

Hi Phil,

I watched the video several  times on this console retrofit. I am installing a full console on a 2014 silverado. Need the 23 pin plug and play cable, Green to gray usb cable, and the Black to brown cable. How do i go about purchasing these items from you.

After a few setbacks,  was able to install my center console today. I had ordered mine with the matching spalted maple wood grain that my truck has with the dune/cocoa interior. It took 2:40 total installation time, including watching the seat removal and swap you tubes videos. 

It was my understanding that using the harness and the usb cables, that everything would work except the glove compartment usb. Well, after my installation, all my USBs & power outlets work. This includes the glove compartment usb. AND I have an extra supplied usb cable that I didn’t need. 

C4FE0CCE-9DD1-4BAD-83CE-6D867655BEAE.jpeg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MW Wood said:

After a few setbacks,  was able to install my center console today. I had ordered mine with the matching spalted maple wood grain that my truck has with the dune/cocoa interior. It took 2:40 total installation time, including watching the seat removal and swap you tubes videos. 

It was my understanding that using the harness and the usb cables, that everything would work except the glove compartment usb. Well, after my installation, all my USBs & power outlets work. This includes the glove compartment usb. AND I have an extra supplied usb cable that I didn’t need. 

Looks great, I have the black but I love that cocoa/dune. 

• Like 1

C4FE0CCE-9DD1-4BAD-83CE-6D867655BEAE.thumb.jpeg.da4f57f960e7e3e7a6c1e4d9c546423c.jpeg

Thanks for the feedback! Glad we got through the setbacks and thank you for your patience!

Truck looks awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

Thanks for the feedback! Glad we got through the setbacks and thank you for your patience!

Truck looks awesome!

No problem. Do you have any idea why I have the extra usb cable? It came with the first box, with the other cords. 

Edited by MW Wood
  • Like 1

No problem. Do you have any idea why I have the extra usb cable? It came with the Friday box, with the other cords. 

There are 3 total usb cables. Only 2 are needed. The two needed depends on how you want the USB ports to behave :). Also depends on year and options loaded in the truck.

Rather than hold up the install over a $20 cable, all 3 are sent with the order to accommodate all installation scenarios.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

There are 3 total usb cables. Only 2 are needed. The two needed depends on how you want the USB ports to behave :). Also depends on year and options loaded in the truck.

Rather than hold up the install over a $20 cable, all 3 are sent with the order to accommodate all installation scenarios.

Can you imagine customer relations any better? Geez I wish everyone treated people/customers that good, world would be a much happier place ?

1 hour ago, pgamboa said:

Gotcha. Works for me. I can stop wondering now...?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MW Wood said:

Do they all three work with Apple car play (data), or just as a power source?

Thats the problem that we are running into, including myself

Edited by Baldhills

Do they all three work with Apple car play (data), or just as a power source?
Thats the problem that we are running into, including myself

If you want CarPlay to work in both of the console USB hubs (2016+ later trucks), it has been determined that **most** will need direct USB cable runs from the HMI to the USB hub.

So - Black (from HMI) to Brown (front of the console brown port) -> this will cover the inside compartment hub.

Green (from HMI) to Grey (front USB hub).

In my video, I show how you can loop the signal from the front hub, out of it, and into the black port. For some, this “loop out” doesn’t pass the CarPlay logic, hence having to do direct runs.