I'm looking to add a dual USB port to the back of my 2017 GMC Sierra 1500 Z71 Crew Cab I have the full console see attached photos of front, 4 ports, 1 dual USB, 2 cigar ports, 1-12 volt plug. Inside the consol I have one cigar port, 1 dual USB port. Back of the consol is one cigar port. 20200104_224846.thumb.jpg.c7c62a175228e31173d35a2bdc36fdad.jpg

I'm interested in buying the harness but I need part number 19303285 and 19119050 and the plug and play harness can I i order the kit from you guys asap with everything i need. 2018 center console putting it in a 2017 Chevy LT 5.3 do these part numbers match with the GM part numbers or is this a separate part number for you guys?
mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gm-trucks.com%2Fforums%2Fapplications%2Fcore%2Finterface%2Femail%2Fspacer.png&t=1578089297&ymreqid=8d6a3eee-68c7-aa19-22d0-2a0001016a00&sig=BULqhUVi.N_N1SBJrrA93A--~C
mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gm-trucks.com%2Fforums%2Fapplications%2Fcore%2Finterface%2Femail%2Fspacer.png&t=1578089297&ymreqid=8d6a3eee-68c7-aa19-22d0-2a0001016a00&sig=BULqhUVi.N_N1SBJrrA93A--~C mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gm-trucks.com%2Fforums%2Fapplications%2Fcore%2Finterface%2Femail%2Fspacer.png&t=1578089297&ymreqid=8d6a3eee-68c7-aa19-22d0-2a0001016a00&sig=BULqhUVi.N_N1SBJrrA93A--~C

Contact me from website - HarnessDR.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Guys, so just a question if my truck didn't have the 110v outlet isntalled before the console swap, will the wireless charging on the console lid not work as well? I knew the plug in the console wouldn't work but I've found the wireless charger also does not work and just wondering if it is related. Thanks

Hey Guys, so just a question if my truck didn't have the 110v outlet isntalled before the console swap, will the wireless charging on the console lid not work as well? I knew the plug in the console wouldn't work but I've found the wireless charger also does not work and just wondering if it is related. Thanks

Those are two independent circuits. My harness is wired to supply power to the charging lid. Based on your posted photo, I see that you have the 1st generation charging module. This is the reason it is not charging. GM Updated the module and is the 2nd generation now with a triple coil system. You can purchase this module/kit here.

https://harnessdr.com/product/2014-2018-wireless-charging-module-kit-adapter/

I also have a limited supply of Factory inverter kits if you want to get the 110V outlet operational. Inverter kits ar won’t listed online as they are a very limited supply. PM me if you’re interested in that.

• Thanks 1

Hey Phill,

I see you added a heated steering wheel in your Mods list, was it plug and play for you or do you need to add a special harness? I would LOVE that feature on my truck as I miss that feature most from my RAM that I had previously.

Hey Phill,

I see you added a heated steering wheel in your Mods list, was it plug and play for you or do you need to add a special harness? I would LOVE that feature on my truck as I miss that feature most from my RAM that I had previously.

It was plug and play for me. Check to see if you have plug under your dash. You’ll need a wheel and appropriate clock spring. If you have the mate plug down below, check to see if it has voltage with the engine running.

8e9e2334a813ccc9e481f63701943e96.jpg

If you don’t have the mate end, or you do and it’s not hot with the engine running, then you’ll need my suplemental harness. I have a video of that install on my YouTube Channel here.

I'm looking to add a dual USB port to the back of my 2017 GMC Sierra 1500 Z71 Crew Cab I have the full console see attached photos of front, 4 ports, 1 dual USB, 2 cigar ports, 1-12 volt plug. Inside the consol I have one cigar port, 1 dual USB port. Back of the consol is one cigar port. 20200104_224846.thumb.jpg.c7c62a175228e31173d35a2bdc36fdad.jpg

I have also thought about this. This would be so much more useful. My brother has an 18 F150 and his truck has the usb plugs in the back and they are much more convenient. Since it would just need power and not data lines, it seems like this would be an easy thing to do, but I haven’t seen the connections on the back of each of them. Phil?

21 hours ago, tmo said:

I have also thought about this. This would be so much more useful. My brother has an 18 F150 and his truck has the usb plugs in the back and they are much more convenient. Since it would just need power and not data lines, it seems like this would be an easy thing to do, but I haven’t seen the connections on the back of each of them. Phil?

Instead of going through a big mod for this why not just use the cigarette lighter plug on the back of the console and add a dual USB charger plug or remove the factory plug completely and replace it with a 2 port receptacle?

AmazonSmile  2019 Metal Car Charger by MONGOORA - Qualcomm Quick Charge 3 0 Dual USB 6A 36W Fast Car Charger Adapter - Two Ports QC 3 0 3A - Compatible with Any iPhone - Galaxy S10 S9 S8 S7 Note LG Nexus etc   Hom.png

AmazonSmile  YONHAN Quick Charge 3 0 Dual USB Car Charger with Switch  Waterproof 36W 12V USB Outlet Fast Charger Power Outlet for Marine Boat Motorcycle Truck Golf Cart and More  Automotive.png

The factory GM USB Hub needs power and a USB data cable to fully power the hub. Best bet is a 12V outlet with USB ports like suggested. That’s what I use.

I've given the latter of using the aftermarket USB unit a thought from the get go i even thought of using the aftermarket port on a hollowed out dual GM-USB port with the factory snap cover. When I install my back heated seat pads shortly I'm going to dig into it and will post back here. 

• 2 weeks later...