What do you use your Silverado for?

I was on another forum and people were posting their mileage on their newer trucks and one guy put almost 50,000 miles on his truck in a year, said he had a long commute. I thought...Jesus that's a lot of driving. But then again these are trucks, people use them for work. I know a guy who is in the hvac business and he's told me that it's not unusual for him to drive 100 miles down a highway, get a call from his boss, and have to turn around and drive another 100 back to pick something up. I have friends that use their trucks for plowing, towing, work, commuting...all in one.

Personally I use mine just for commuting...80 mile round trip five days a week. Throw in another 100 miles on the weekends. Easy highway commuting. 

But I know some people use these things for a lot more, I'd like to hear some of those stories to kind of see what these trucks can handle.

I just use mine to commute to work. 10 miles a day and after work I go fishing and hunting. Weekend so just go for drives and haul wood a bit. Fishing season is here in upstate NY so I will be hauling a boat here and there. I have a 14 Silverado doubl cab with the 4.3 and it does everything I need it to do no problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its funny, you wont see any guys who only drive their trucks to "drive a truck" post on this.  Or at least thats what I think.  

My Silverado isn't new, technically it isn't a Silverado.  But it gets used mainly for hauling sap in the spring, boat in the summer,  hauling wood in the fall and not as much during the winter.  

Not sure how I would function without at truck.  Id have to make some life changes for sure.  

84 mile round trip (6 days a week) for work, towing a trailer at a minimum a couple of times a month, hauling things (like firewood, ATV, etc) constantly, etc.  Can't do all of that w/o a truck. 

I use my truck as the proverbial guinea pig to come up with mods for everyone here to enjoy! :)  Otherwise, it just sits in the driveway.  Not even a pavement princess.  More like a driveway queen. LOL.  I work from home and barely use the truck to run errands with a couple of miles from the house.  The longest trip was a 3 hour drive south for a College visit.  

• Like 10

Mostly commuting and job site visits with some weekend hauling.  Then there is the occasional hunting, camping, fishing and kayaking trips.  The new-er truck splits time with my old-er truck so neither gets so many miles on them.  I still put 12-15k a year on both.

I use mine for daily commuting. Weekends will normally consist of fishing so, some riding sand and mud. Occasionally I'll tow machines or cars for friends and family.

I see a lot of the same commuters on my way to work with their trucks. I'm about 60 miles round trip each day. A guy that works next to me has an F350 lifted about 8 inches and his commute is about 80 miles round trip. I put about 25k miles a year. My 1500 is just my personal toy that I have more fun driving around town than a Corvette. Really no utility besides that and my usual runs to Home Depot.

My 2500HD was used for a lot more than just that...

1012374905045.jpg.9d48c4678c29be79b4608adcccfb36a4.jpg