What do you use your Silverado for?

Daily driver commuting to work and back with occasional weekend travel. Haven't owned it a complete year yet but expect to put 20,000 - 25,000 miles a year

• Like 1

Daily driver. I commute about 60 miles a day not counting other trips. I’ve put on 18k since end of August. I also use it to haul my snowmobiles and other trailers and for the bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

15 hours ago, pgamboa said:

I use my truck as the proverbial guinea pig to come up with mods for everyone here to enjoy! :)  Otherwise, it just sits in the driveway.  Not even a pavement princess.  More like a driveway queen. LOL.  I work from home and barely use the truck to run errands with a couple of miles from the house.  The longest trip was a 3 hour drive south for a College visit.  

I pull mine out every weekend to go 5.5 miles and pick up some milk,eggs and bread.  I should have gotten the 6.2L honestly....

ranch work.. hauling crap - trailer for deer stands and feeders, fishing equipment etc..  daily driver.... but in 4x4 every other weekend.... i put her to work!

I use my 2016 RCSB for "Cheap Camping", fishing, basic 25 mile commute and weekend do-it-all...

Currently have 10,800 and change on odometer..

It works for me...

IMG_1953.JPG

• Like 3

Just plain driving. Just traded Corvette and RCSB on Tahoe, It will be a traveling vehicle. While I had Corvettes for 16 years, I have always had a Chevy or GMC truck for when I have serious things to. Over mid life crisis now so I will get back to enjoying full size trucks full time!

Now that I am rid of the Vette I will ride my Harley when my Kidneys need a work out!  

Edited by Likarok

Commute 27 miles round trip, I use it for work as well ( I am in construction lending ), haul crap, help the lady out hauling crap for her work sometimes, hunting, general trips off road. I got out of the truck world for a couple years and really missed it. I am glad I came back. 

17 hours ago, Logan Lanfear said:

Its funny, you wont see any guys who only drive their trucks to "drive a truck" post on this.  Or at least thats what I think.  

Many do, they just won't admit it...

15 hours ago, ChristopherDB said:

I have more fun driving around town than a Corvette.

Huh? You will need to explain the "fun" part more because driving a truck sucks; except for the room and seating position they are about as far from "fun" as a minivan.

As far as my uses, mostly commuting (25 miles round trip), mountain biking, camping, hunting, jetski hauling (hoping to move back to a boat again in the near future), house stuff (I'm a big DIY'er), motorcycles, exploring the back country (have done the Alpine loop, White Rim, ect). The motorcycle breaks up the monotony of daily driving the truck. I want to pick up a toy car to mod and do more track days, then I can have more "fun" and engagement while driving as well as I miss that. It is a utility knife and was bought to be used as another tool in my garage.

Tyler

Edited by amxguy1970

It's very rare to only use mine to commute to a job. Almost every day consists of material runs, service calls, towing my tool trailer a few times a week.
Hailing everything from lumber and scrap to dropping of the kids and picking them up.
I try to take care of it but it gets used hard. Wish it could stay nice and clean and scratch free but it's the nature of being a building contractor.
My wife doesn't understand why I require a nicer, reliable truck.
When I bid a job I like to look professional and successful. Who wants to pull up in a rusted out clunking, leaking beater? Doesn't look like you're going to give someone a nice, clean and professional job.
I can't afford to be fixing my transportation all the time and certainly can't be stranded somewhere.
She still looks purdy good for a 2015 that gets used for everything.a960b1bfbea0a5e2fab389673e10ef41.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Retired construction worker, truck required.

Tow a boat during the season.

Tow and haul what needs to be.

When I get into the wife's car or any car for that matter it's cramped, butt drags the ground.

:)

I daily drive mine, 90+ miles round trip. I use mine for hauling firewood, work around the house, towing the camper, etc...it is also the vehicle of choice for our cross country trips.

I have a 2500, I don't think I could go 1500 the way I use mine...may even step into a 3500 the next go around.

2012 2500hd 6.0l CCSB 4wd

20 minutes ago, michigan2500hd said:

My wife doesn't understand why I require a nicer, reliable truck.
When I bid a job I like to look professional and successful. Who wants to pull up in a rusted out clunking, leaking beater? Doesn't look like you're going to give someone a nice, clean and professional job.

You got the right idea the other extreme is the guy who comes to bid/give a estimate in the newest of the new trucks with a custom lift, chrome wheels, Amp steps, powder coated everything, over the top custom vinyl wrap, etc. When this guy pulls up first thing I think is how much of that am I going to pay for?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, amxguy1970 said:
  18 hours ago, Logan Lanfear said:

Its funny, you wont see any guys who only drive their trucks to "drive a truck" post on this.  Or at least thats what I think.  

Many do, they just won't admit it... (AMXguy)

Oh man, I wish you wouldn't have said that.

99% pleasure touring. 60K miles in less than two years. I love driving this thing. Retired. Some people fish...I drive. I have other cars for other duties. I even pick my softener salt in my Civic.  I don't want that crap in my truck! I drive the Buick for church, weddings, graduations and long distance vacation duty. Makes my skin crawl to think of putting something in the bed. :lol:

16 minutes ago, wforrest08 said:

You got the right idea the other extreme is the guy who comes to bid/give a estimate in the newest of the new trucks with a custom lift, chrome wheels, Amp steps, powder coated everything, over the top custom vinyl wrap, etc. When this guy pulls up first thing I think is how much of that am I going to pay for?

Lol..I totally agree. I'd feel a little silly if my truck was decked out and extravagant. 

I lost a nice remodel job because of that. I had a brand new 2007 GMC Sierra with the cheapest wheels discount tire offered. I actually swapped them from a 2005 Silverado so they weren't new. The body style had changed that year and I had one of the first ones on the street.. Dark blue with a decent amount of chrome and I kept it nice and clean. The truck was actually not even loaded.. Just a SLE. 

The client and I were talking after I looked at the job and he commented on how nice the truck was. Heck I was feeling good about having the job but I heard a week later his neighbor said he didn't want to have to help me pay for such a expensive truck lol. Now I drive a loaded LTZ 6.2, etc. and no one says anything about it. The silver  looks plain and the big mirrors detract from the overall look of luxury. 

Ya win some and lose some either way. 

• Like 3