Thoughts on the Nissan Titan?

VictorLin0725

19 hours ago, sealandsky said:

Nissan, Toyota or Honda - They all last  and seem to be manufactured to perfection. My experience is that they never break (almost never) and there's nothing not to like. However, there's also nothing to LOVE. They are sterile and antiseptic with no soul. Personally, I'll take a soul with problems, than no soul at all. My wife drive a Lexus and it's a "perfect" car - But it has no soul.

Totally agree. My friend's tundra looks and feels like a tonka truck. Its a little wierd, they are built well...but they also don't pay attention to details.

I have a Toyota for my trip vehicle. It does everything well. It also has a very good reputation. I don’t think it would be exciting to be broke down on the side of the road. I have vehicles that are more exciting and don’t have to worry about being broke down with them. I wouldn’t even consider have a exciting vehicle that had reputation for breaking down, thats silly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree. My friend's tundra looks and feels like a tonka truck. Its a little wierd, they are built well...but they also don't pay attention to details.

I also agree a 100% not knocking them they just don’t have anything exciting. Very generic and plain I would choose my truck any day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3/11/2019 at 7:12 AM, VictorLin0725 said:

How's your 15 running? Best grill design by far but gotta say I've hear some horror stories about the first production year, hopefully your not facing any issues.

15 was the second production year, YOU'RE a bit off.

Nissan and Toyota vs. Ford,GM, Dodge have horrible fuel economy.  They only give $17k discounts on vehicles they can't sell with smaller discounts.

8 hours ago, PMurray said:

Nissan and Toyota vs. Ford,GM, Dodge have horrible fuel economy.  They only give $17k discounts on vehicles they can't sell with smaller discounts.

Toyota hardly has any discounts. They usually sell for msrp and if your lucky maybe $2k off. Only Toyota I'd consider buying is the TRD Pro. Too bad GM doesn't have anything to compete in the hardcore off road segment (Raptor, TRD Pro)...I know we have the trailboss but that doesn't seem to wow anyone, still riding on ranchos and frame is not built up or anything.

29 minutes ago, VictorLin0725 said:

Toyota hardly has any discounts. They usually sell for msrp and if your lucky maybe $2k off. Only Toyota I'd consider buying is the TRD Pro. Too bad GM doesn't have anything to compete in the hardcore off road segment (Raptor, TRD Pro)...I know we have the trailboss but that doesn't seem to wow anyone, still riding on ranchos and frame is not built up or anything.

The TRD Pro isn't "built up". It does have a nice suspension on it but that is literally all it has going for it. Still has highway tires, no locker and a horribly outdated interior. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PMurray said:

15 was the second production year, YOU'RE a bit off.

Wow...you had to cap that? So he was wrong, just add a correction and leave it at that. I’ve been wrong several times and nobody has done what you did...

2 hours ago, VictorLin0725 said:

Take that money you didn’t spend buying a Raptor or TRD and do your own upgrades :thumbs:

Oooh another thing the new Titan (and the Tundra) have:  HEADLIGHT LEVEL ADJUSTMENT.  Yep.  There is a dial (like a dash dimmer) that lets you re-level your lighting with a load in the box.  None of the big 3 have that I think. 

Honestly going off from my other post a couple pages back, I'd rock one.  Pro4X king cab non XD version with the 5.6 Endurance with all the good packages. 

Reason they have that is due to horrible payload and towing. They squat badly and that’s why they need an in cab headlight adjuster.

Sent from above

3 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

New Nissan trucks, they’ve been rated the worst MPG’s, Towing, Hauling, reliability and especially resale value.

Sent from above

Got that right:thumbs: At least in my local area.

Edited by SS502

10 hours ago, VictorLin0725 said:

There isn't much demand there so why waste money designing something that wont sell well? 

Seems like the only thing Titan about it is Titan of Poor sales. I see a few every now and then key word being few. If they are a contender of anything it would be the best kept secret in the country. They have a diesel that I am told is between a 1500 -2500 GMC. I have only ever seen one at a truck pull and he broke his U joint. Seems like in my area there is mostly no interest in them.

On 3/10/2019 at 10:05 PM, dieselfan1 said:

We did. ?? !!

For those that want to know or care .

My Grandfather was in Pearl Harbor on 7 December 1941.

He was a mechanic aboard the Battleship USS Tennessee . The ship was right next to the USS Arizona and took a couple of direct hits from Japanese Bombers. The ship was damaged but not sunk. It got most of it's damage from being so close to the Arizona from what he remembers. He remained on board this ship for another couple of years after it was repaired and went on to "kick some ass" in the South Pacific as he said. He passed away in 2003 at age 87. He was a great guy and worked at Northern Ordinance

( Later FMC) as a machinist making gun hardware for Naval Ships until 1977. Once a Sailor always a Sailor.

My Grandma passed away a year later and said he hated the Japs and never bought anything "Made in Japan". My mom was born in 1940 and always remembered him as anti Japanese. 

For this part of my family history I never really cared for anything Japanese either. 

Call me what you will but I don't really care. I'm USA all the way.

This is one of the reasons both my Silverados wear these license plates

15522737828898518748969720410514.jpg

WWII Japan was probably one of the morally worst countries that has EVER existed. They brutally mutilated so many women and children that German Nazi's that went along with the Japanese invasion in China were found to have literally helped civilians escape. The German's hated one group of people, but thought it was insane the Japanese hated EVERYONE that was Gaijin(an outsider). Modern Japanese are ashamed of what they did, Japanese Veteran groups apologized publically for the lack of remorse of WWII Japanese Veterans. If he 90-100 year old Japanese were still the one's running the company you would have a point. A pioneering writer who dig deep into Japanese war crimes committed suicide because of the depression she sunk into after learning of the things she they did to Allied POWs.

We pretty much MADE Japan what it is today. If current Japan is the same as the old one, after controlled their country to the point we basically wrote their Constitution, so are you saying the sacrifice that was made to win, to influence their country to become what it is today was such a failure and a waste we should just ignore their progress and anything they do? If that is true, then all the troops trying to win other countries their freedom is just useless because they used to have terrorists? How is that supporting our troops, saying that a country is a lost cause because of what it once was. 

Edited by SnakeEyeSS