Integrated Trailer Brake Controller - Not Available on Escalade

InertiaFaze

Found out recently that the integrated trailer brake controller found in other GM trucks and suvs is not available in an Escalade. Can't remember for sure when the ITBC was first introduced into other GM trucks (2009?).

If there are any Escalade owners on this forum, lets hear your thoughts. Would you benefit from having the ITBC? Have you had to add an aftermarket brake controller. Does it seem like this feature should be included automatically in a premium vehicle? Or does nobody tow with an Escalade?

My '08 Silverado 1500 has the ITBC and I like it. I've had Prodigy's in other vehicles and for an aftermarket controller, that is the one to use.

Seems very strange that Cadillac would drop the ITBC in the Escalade. As a vehicle platform, it's no different than the Chevy or GMC equal. Maybe Caddy looked at the number of Esclades that were ordered without that tow package so it was dropped to cut costs?

• 1 month later...

If you want an answer to a brake controller - the Prodigy is the best for your money. AND a good weight distributing hitch SET UP PROPERLY. They don't include it in the Escalade for what ever reason. Anybody who buys one should do their homework. And the vast majority of Escalade owners probably don't tow anything.

Archived