Huge GM Truck Brake Recall Announced by NHTSA - Is Yours On The List?

Gorehamj

1 hour ago, Red_5 said:

Anyone else having problems with the fix? My brakes are worse now, no problems before the "fix".  It's like at slow speeds the ABS pulses then the pedal gets rock hard. It doesn't inspire much confidence unfortunately. Not sure what if anything the dealership can do.

I've refused this 'update'. My brakes are fine. To many stories like this. 

yeah if they work fine dont touch it.... only real upgrades are the T1 front caliper and rotors, and maybe the vette vacuum pump.. otherwise leave it stock.

could check your stock config 60-0 braking range and compare with car and driver's specs...

Edited by flyingfool

• 1 month later...
On 6/2/2020 at 1:18 PM, Red_5 said:

Anyone else having problems with the fix? My brakes are worse now, no problems before the "fix".  It's like at slow speeds the ABS pulses then the pedal gets rock hard. It doesn't inspire much confidence unfortunately. Not sure what if anything the dealership can do.

My '15 Sierra with 54k miles is at the dealership for service and for the brake issue. They said my brake pump failed and it along with the belt are being replaced under extended warranty for those parts due to the recall. 

Edited by Red_5

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/11/2020 at 12:52 PM, Red_5 said:

My '15 Sierra with 54k miles is at the dealership for service and for the brake issue. They said my brake pump failed and it along with the belt are being replaced under extended warranty for those parts due to the recall. 

i'de be looking to find the origional software files and reinstall into the computer.  it can be found at GM's tech pages, and you will need to order a clone of GM's tech tool for these model trucks in order to reinstall, the tool cost $120 on Amazon. and a monthly subscribsion is like $20 to the GM tech site

you can order the pump , its only $100 or about that and it will be covered by warrantee  for credit if you take it to an certified ASE mechanic.  dont go to the dealership,

Edited by flyingfool
  • Like 1

On 7/28/2020 at 8:13 PM, flyingfool said:

i'de be looking to find the origional software files and reinstall into the computer.  it can be found at GM's tech pages, and you will need to order a clone of GM's tech tool for these model trucks in order to reinstall, the tool cost $120 on Amazon. and a monthly subscribsion is like $20 to the GM tech site

you can order the pump , its only $100 or about that and it will be covered by warrantee  for credit if you take it to an certified ASE mechanic.  dont go to the dealership,

Thanks for the info, I’ll look into the tool and GM tech sites.

The job has already been done by the dealership, it was the only part of what they did that I didn’t pay for. My front differential fluid was cooked and they said it was a maintenance issue - I have 54k miles so it’s still under powertrain warranty. They said oil should have been changed at 40k but they never mentioned it at previous visits. My Powertrain warranty by time is almost up and I won’t go back.