My whole experience so far with my new truck!

7/12/14 – Purchased truck

Note: I live 45 miles from dealer so round trip is about 90 miles. There have been a total of 7 unnecessary trips made already in my new truck so you could say I have put roughly 650 miles on my truck and the problem is still not fixed. I do not want a truck that is still having problems after numerous times in the shop.

Were you aware of the problems with these trucks before you made your purchase, or were you just hoping that yours would be perfect?

Edited by pm26

Good luck man. For me to get my buyback, my first truck had to be in the shop 27 days or so. Multiple road force balances, 2 tires replaced, tried wheels off another brand new truck, 3 drive shafts, and engine shim, a whole new rear end and still couldn't figure it out. GM is going to need sufficient service records as evidence in order to give you some cash back. I went through it and trust me I feel ya.. I hope your dealer cooperates with you.

Were you aware of the problems with these trucks before you made your purchase, or were you just hoping that yours would be perfect?

I bet he found this thread googling vibration in a 2014 Silverado... I doubt he had any clue there was any major issues. Like the rest of us, you wouldn't expect a brand new truck to do this...

I would bet that a majority of the trucks do it. Most people would be surprised if you point what they are looking for. The service manager at the dealership didn't even know his did it until I went for a ride with him in his truck.

Agreed, I think most of them do it to a certain degree. Some worse than others. Could mostly be tire related, who knows. My buddy's dad has a 2014 Sierra z71 crew cab, and I asked him if his did it and he said nope, very smooth. Well we went on a fishing trip with him and had to take about 1.5 hr drive and guess what. His definitely had it. Seemed to be at 75+, but I think its a matter of how in tune with it you are. His could be something as much as bad balance or the Goodyears on it still, which I think it was because it wasn't terrible but definitely noticeable.

Well no I wasn't aware of the problems. I have owned two other year model silverado's and never had any issues with them. Like 20Bowtie14 said, I googled it after noticing the issues.

And what is your point? You think he intentionally purchased a truck with vibration issues, seriously.

This is not the consumers fault, in this day of age, one would expect that good quality control along with good machining would be the normal expectation.

This is GM's fault and their willingness to help or be an assistance in fixing this and many other quality or design flaws is sickening to say the least!

As for others saying smart remarks, please stop no one here asked for this problem, and no one willingly bought a broken truck.

7/12/14 – Dealer tried to install bed liner before I left the car lot, but did not finish. Left tailgate cover completely off and bed liner was not even secure (No screws, etc) and wasn’t even tucked under the lip of the bed correctly. The man that attempted to install it said to bring it back Monday to finish it. I had to stop on the way home to adjust the bed liner because I thought it might blow out.

7/13/14 – Noticed that the two passenger side tires did not look right. The white lettering looked wore out and was peeling off.

7/15/14 – Took truck back to dealer to finish installation of bed liner.

7/18/14 – Took the truck back to dealer about the passenger tire issues. It was determined that the guy that cleaned it up the day I bought it used a wire brush on the white lettering and totally ruined the looks of the tires. The tires were replaced by dealer

7/20/14 – Started noticing that between the speeds of 40-55 mph, you would get vibration in the steering wheel and the ride quality was poor at these speeds.

7/23/14 – Was told to bring truck back to dealer for vibration/ride issues. My wife took it up there, but was told that they could not look at it until Friday the 25th. Wasted Trip….

7/25/14 – Took the truck back to dealer for repair of vibration/ride issues. Sales guy from Sales dept. brought truck home to me that evening and was told by Service dept. that it was fixed. I took a ride in the truck and immediately noticed that the issue still existed the exact same as before.

7/26/14 – Called a spoke to Service Manager directly to let him know that my truck was not fixed. I asked him what they did to try to fix it, but he wasn’t even sure. He apologized and said to bring it back in Monday.

7/28/14 – Took the truck back to dealer for repair of the vibration/ride issues for the second time. Once again Sales guy from sales brought my truck back to me that evening, but the issue still existed just like before it was taken in. Sales guy called me on the way home and stated that he didn’t think it was fixed and that he could feel the vibration/rough ride. I noticed that on the front two wheels they had many balancing weights attached now. One tire had weights stacked up and stood out like a sore thumb. This is a 40k plus truck.

7/29/14 – At this point I was very concerned about my brand new truck so I took off work this particular morning and drove to dealer to speak to the service manager in person. He once again apologized and said he couldn’t get it back in until the next week. I was not happy about that so he said he could work on it Friday 8/1/14.

7/29/14 – Contacted GM customer support via email. Received a call shortly after that and a case was opened and was told that a district rep would contact me.

7/31/14 – Received a call from GM district Rep. Told her what was going on and she told me to let her know how the repair goes on 8/1/14.

8/1/14 – Took the truck back to dealer for the third time to get vibration/ride issues fixed. I was given a little car to drive while mine was being worked on. I received a call from the Service Manager late that afternoon stating that he was sorry, but they weren’t able to fix it. Said they tried everything tires/wheels related, etc, but could not fix it. He said he knows it’s not a tire/wheel issue so it is definitely something more serious. He said he drove it personally and the problem still existed. He compared my issue to driving with concrete tires when you drive at this speed. I asked him what he thought the problem was, but he said he didn’t know. That doesn’t make me feel very good about my brand new truck I just got. Said he could look at it again sometime the next week and to just keep the loaner car.

8/1/14 – Left a Voicemail with District Rep at GM letting her know that the truck has not been fixed.

8/2/14 – Went to dealer to talk to sales guy again. He put me in a new truck to drive that is identical to mine and I returned the little car they gave me to drive the day before. There were not any issues with this truck what so ever. No vibration and great ride quality.

8/4/14 – Went back to dealer and spoke to Sales guy, Sales Manager, and Service Manager. Asked what they could do to help me out. Sales Manager said to talk to GM and let them know what they say. Blew me off! Asked Service Manager if he has any thoughts about what could be wrong with my truck and his response was that he has no idea at this time. So basically I guess they just plan on throwing parts at a brand new truck.

8/4/14 – Spoke to district rep with GM Customer Support. She said that I need to go back to the dealer and ask them what they can do to help with buying it back. She said she also contacted the manager of aftersales to let them know about my case.

This is where I am currently. I just want this vehicle bought back or give me a new one that doesn’t have these issues. The dealership still has my truck and said they were going to look at it again, but the service manager told me that they have no idea what’s causing the issue. They have already worked on this issue three times.

Note: I live 45 miles from dealer so round trip is about 90 miles. There have been a total of 7 unnecessary trips made already in my new truck so you could say I have put roughly 650 miles on my truck and the problem is still not fixed. I do not want a truck that is still having problems after numerous times in the shop.

Let me guess. Her fake name is Jennifer. She will blow you off and all she is, is a stroker to pump up the hope.

I went through the crap and ended up with vibration deadeners on steering column and exhaust. Last to fix once and for all was ditch the shitty Goodyears and put on Michelins Road Forced balance. They paid for the tires so make them do it. GY are 4 piece and the Michelins are 8. Smooth as silk. I may keep my truck for more that 2 years....

I checked a local shop that balances driveshafts only. He said he would balance mine for $40. Think it might be worth the 40 to take it off myself and have it done. Then i will know. The dealer is doing nothing else. It hasnt moved for the last week where it is parked at the dealer

7/12/14 – Dealer tried to install bed liner before I left the car lot, but did not finish. Left tailgate cover completely off and bed liner was not even secure (No screws, etc) and wasn’t even tucked under the lip of the bed correctly. The man that attempted to install it said to bring it back Monday to finish it. I had to stop on the way home to adjust the bed liner because I thought it might blow out.

7/13/14 – Noticed that the two passenger side tires did not look right. The white lettering looked wore out and was peeling off.

7/15/14 – Took truck back to dealer to finish installation of bed liner.

7/18/14 – Took the truck back to dealer about the passenger tire issues. It was determined that the guy that cleaned it up the day I bought it used a wire brush on the white lettering and totally ruined the looks of the tires. The tires were replaced by dealer

7/20/14 – Started noticing that between the speeds of 40-55 mph, you would get vibration in the steering wheel and the ride quality was poor at these speeds.

7/23/14 – Was told to bring truck back to dealer for vibration/ride issues. My wife took it up there, but was told that they could not look at it until Friday the 25th. Wasted Trip….

7/25/14 – Took the truck back to dealer for repair of vibration/ride issues. Sales guy from Sales dept. brought truck home to me that evening and was told by Service dept. that it was fixed. I took a ride in the truck and immediately noticed that the issue still existed the exact same as before.

7/26/14 – Called a spoke to Service Manager directly to let him know that my truck was not fixed. I asked him what they did to try to fix it, but he wasn’t even sure. He apologized and said to bring it back in Monday.

7/28/14 – Took the truck back to dealer for repair of the vibration/ride issues for the second time. Once again Sales guy from sales brought my truck back to me that evening, but the issue still existed just like before it was taken in. Sales guy called me on the way home and stated that he didn’t think it was fixed and that he could feel the vibration/rough ride. I noticed that on the front two wheels they had many balancing weights attached now. One tire had weights stacked up and stood out like a sore thumb. This is a 40k plus truck.

7/29/14 – At this point I was very concerned about my brand new truck so I took off work this particular morning and drove to dealer to speak to the service manager in person. He once again apologized and said he couldn’t get it back in until the next week. I was not happy about that so he said he could work on it Friday 8/1/14.

7/29/14 – Contacted GM customer support via email. Received a call shortly after that and a case was opened and was told that a district rep would contact me.

7/31/14 – Received a call from GM district Rep. Told her what was going on and she told me to let her know how the repair goes on 8/1/14.

8/1/14 – Took the truck back to dealer for the third time to get vibration/ride issues fixed. I was given a little car to drive while mine was being worked on. I received a call from the Service Manager late that afternoon stating that he was sorry, but they weren’t able to fix it. Said they tried everything tires/wheels related, etc, but could not fix it. He said he knows it’s not a tire/wheel issue so it is definitely something more serious. He said he drove it personally and the problem still existed. He compared my issue to driving with concrete tires when you drive at this speed. I asked him what he thought the problem was, but he said he didn’t know. That doesn’t make me feel very good about my brand new truck I just got. Said he could look at it again sometime the next week and to just keep the loaner car.

8/1/14 – Left a Voicemail with District Rep at GM letting her know that the truck has not been fixed.

8/2/14 – Went to dealer to talk to sales guy again. He put me in a new truck to drive that is identical to mine and I returned the little car they gave me to drive the day before. There were not any issues with this truck what so ever. No vibration and great ride quality.

8/4/14 – Went back to dealer and spoke to Sales guy, Sales Manager, and Service Manager. Asked what they could do to help me out. Sales Manager said to talk to GM and let them know what they say. Blew me off! Asked Service Manager if he has any thoughts about what could be wrong with my truck and his response was that he has no idea at this time. So basically I guess they just plan on throwing parts at a brand new truck.

8/4/14 – Spoke to district rep with GM Customer Support. She said that I need to go back to the dealer and ask them what they can do to help with buying it back. She said she also contacted the manager of aftersales to let them know about my case.

This is where I am currently. I just want this vehicle bought back or give me a new one that doesn’t have these issues. The dealership still has my truck and said they were going to look at it again, but the service manager told me that they have no idea what’s causing the issue. They have already worked on this issue three times.

You are doing well by documenting everything if you need to take legal action.

I drove a Ram today. What a great driving truck! My soon to be gone Vibrator is not even in the same ballpark.

You are doing well by documenting everything if you need to take legal action.

I drove a Ram today. What a great driving truck! My soon to be gone Vibrator is not even in the same ballpark.

With all do respect to the Ram, it's built like a car with that rear suspension, not a truck. In my opinion the Tundra is a better alternative.

1) It's not a Dodge

2) Toyota is an INSANELY RELIABLE product

3) It still has the ass of a real truck (leaf springs)

4) It's frame is properly painted, not dipped in wax

5) With the offroad package, you actually get metal skid plates, Bilstein shocks, and BF Goodrich Tires

6) It's not a Dodge

7) It's not a Dodge

I do wish everyone else besides Dodge offered a freaking small block diesel engine though. How many years of consumers screaming for this engine will it take before GM finally gets a clue?!?

I bet he found this thread googling vibration in a 2014 Silverado... I doubt he had any clue there was any major issues. Like the rest of us, you wouldn't expect a brand new truck to do this...

This is how I found this thread. I never thought to google problems before I bought mine. With that said, GM knows they have a problem however they continue selling these truck in bad faith. I bet they have a team of lawyers drafting a document that new buyers will have to sign stating that the vibration is a normal operating characteristic of the vehicle.

With all do respect to the Ram, it's built like a car with that rear suspension, not a truck. In my opinion the Tundra is a better alternative.

1) It's not a Dodge

2) Toyota is an INSANELY RELIABLE product

3) It still has the ass of a real truck (leaf springs)

4) It's frame is properly painted, not dipped in wax

5) With the offroad package, you actually get metal skid plates, Bilstein shocks, and BF Goodrich Tires

6) It's not a Dodge

7) It's not a Dodge

I do wish everyone else besides Dodge offered a freaking small block diesel engine though. How many years of consumers screaming for this engine will it take before GM finally gets a clue?!?

I drove a dodge ram with the coil rear suspension, it does ride really nice. Like a suburban....

• Like 1

I drove a dodge ram with the coil rear suspension, it does ride really nice. Like a suburban....

I'm not a Dodge-guy. Always hated Dodge.

But..... A friend of mine just bought a brand new '14 crew cab, and let me be the first to reverse my opinion of the Ram 1500. You're right, rides just like a Suburban! And that thing is NICE! Not even to mention that they knocked off $12k as soon as he walked in the door to the dealership!!!

Probably half the truck buyers out there will never haul anything heavier than a little lumber from Home Depot or a sofa from the furniture store (myself included).

That being said, if my Silverado ever developed issues that I couldn't live with, I'd be buying a Ram.

Edited by Luster