Hello to all the fellow GM enthusist. I have actually been a member since Sept of 2013 But have lost my password and user name. Gave up and "rejoined today". I have been following this shaking vibrating story from the time I first took my "vibrator" in. I have heard most of the same excuses and misdiagnosises that you all have............. My 2014 sierra has 5210 miles on it. Looks great shakes even better. I have been a loyal gm customer my whole life and this is just about unbelievable. I no longer discuss it with people around me. If one more person ask me why I don,t INSIST they fix it I might have a apeshit fit! I at the point know where I,m ready to go all in. I,m sure it will be more rewarding than wasting time at the dealer. I plan on A. filing with the BBB. B. NHTSA. C. and filing a lemon law claim. I guess that will cost some but I am prepared for that. It won,t be any worse than leaving a nearly new truck sitting in the garage because I can,t stand driving it...

I thought I would give them the option of settleing this without all that so I called GM monday. The lady "tiffany" was very nice. Said she could see I was a loyal customer assigned me a case # and said she would move this right on up to an administrator to talk with me. Nobody saw fit to call me yet. I read in the forum that GM. wouldbe more inclined to settle if they did not have to deal with the claims complaints and a lemon titiled vehicle. I called them once more this morning and the lady said that someone had me on there list to talk with this morning. I,m keeping notes and getting ready but would be happy to wash my hands of this thing.

Suggestions "positive ones" are welcome. Signed "shakey" Previous user name was msnyder

Good luck, hopefully they'll do the right thing and put you in a new truck that doesn't shake/vibrate.

Hello to all the fellow GM enthusist. I have actually been a member since Sept of 2013 But have lost my password and user name. Gave up and "rejoined today". I have been following this shaking vibrating story from the time I first took my "vibrator" in. I have heard most of the same excuses and misdiagnosises that you all have............. My 2014 sierra has 5210 miles on it. Looks great shakes even better. I have been a loyal gm customer my whole life and this is just about unbelievable. I no longer discuss it with people around me. If one more person ask me why I don,t INSIST they fix it I might have a apeshit fit! I at the point know where I,m ready to go all in. I,m sure it will be more rewarding than wasting time at the dealer. I plan on A. filing with the BBB. B. NHTSA. C. and filing a lemon law claim. I guess that will cost some but I am prepared for that. It won,t be any worse than leaving a nearly new truck sitting in the garage because I can,t stand driving it...

I thought I would give them the option of settleing this without all that so I called GM monday. The lady "tiffany" was very nice. Said she could see I was a loyal customer assigned me a case # and said she would move this right on up to an administrator to talk with me. Nobody saw fit to call me yet. I read in the forum that GM. wouldbe more inclined to settle if they did not have to deal with the claims complaints and a lemon titiled vehicle. I called them once more this morning and the lady said that someone had me on there list to talk with this morning. I,m keeping notes and getting ready but would be happy to wash my hands of this thing.

Suggestions "positive ones" are welcome. Signed "shakey" Previous user name was msnyder

Unfortunatly alot of us are going through this and GM just isnt accepting that there is a problem with these trucks. They are fighting it by saying this is a normal characteristic. Im going though the same thing and trying to give them the opportunity to make things right but from what I have been through already and seeing what others have gone through they are not playing nice. I would shoot mary barra an email and have someone from her office follow your case from the start, it may or may not help. The squeaky wheel gets the grease and it would help to get loud about this.

So I have an update to post on my truck. I have been driving for the last week on aftermarket 22" wheels with 305/40/22 tires. I borrowed these trying to rule out factory wheels / tires for my own diagnostic purpose before I wasted time at the dealer with my vibration issue.

Yesterday I swapped back to my factory wheels and drove home 11 miles on the freeway. I put the wheels on at the original location that I removed them. Driver front was put back to driver front etc... . I did this so I wouldn't be changing anything except back to stock wheels. My truck now has 900 miles on it. Well it's crazy to say but all of my vibration is gone. Yes gone. I have put 150 freeway miles on the truck and I now have no vibration since swapping back to stock. It's so weird. My vibration before at 600 miles with the stock wheels and then the 22's was so bad it hurt my teeth. I cannot explain why it gone but it's gone. I'll report back on updates as my miles go up and if it returns. One thing I did notice when I removed my stock wheels that all of my lug nuts were not very tight. I barely had to use any pressure to remove them. Maybe that was my issue but I doubt it.

So I have an update to post on my truck. I have been driving for the last week on aftermarket 22" wheels with 305/40/22 tires. I borrowed these trying to rule out factory wheels / tires for my own diagnostic purpose before I wasted time at the dealer with my vibration issue.

Yesterday I swapped back to my factory wheels and drove home 11 miles on the freeway. I put the wheels on at the original location that I removed them. Driver front was put back to driver front etc... . I did this so I wouldn't be changing anything except back to stock wheels. My truck now has 900 miles on it. Well it's crazy to say but all of my vibration is gone. Yes gone. I have put 150 freeway miles on the truck and I now have no vibration since swapping back to stock. It's so weird. My vibration before at 600 miles with the stock wheels and then the 22's was so bad it hurt my teeth. I cannot explain why it gone but it's gone. I'll report back on updates as my miles go up and if it returns. One thing I did notice when I removed my stock wheels that all of my lug nuts were not very tight. I barely had to use any pressure to remove them. Maybe that was my issue but I doubt it.

On replacing the oem wheels, did you locate to the same stud and wheel stud hole as when you removed. If not, you may have accidently help balance the rotors/wheels/tires etc.. with the new wheel position on the rotor.???

My wheels/tires are high speed balanced on the truck with a strobe. I know when I remove my wheels I have to mark the one stud to one wheel stud hole so to return the wheel on the proper stud location. If not the truck is way out on tire balance. So you may have just hit a sweet spot when replacing the wheels???

Edited by STex

I have a 2014 Silverado Z71 4x4 CC with the same problem as everyone else. Today (3p.m. central time) I'm Going in to the dealership to have the crankshaft pulley checked out. Not sure if mine has a bigger wobble then what would be considered normal. Also I've had the spark plug boot come off 3 times now on the drivers side of the motor. Same cylinder every time and about 4k miles for it to work off. When it does you hear a sharp ticking noise.

Wondering if the vibration I feel through the steering wheel is caused from the pulley/Damper. I feel the vibration from ruffly 20mph up to 80mph. I haven't gone faster than 80.

This will be my 4th trip in now for this problem.....maybe 5th. Dealership is giving me the same answers as everyone else is getting.

Hello again "fellow GM. enthusist" Yes that is sarcasm....

Yesterday maybe 30 minutes after my 1st post on this forum a lady called from GM. She went over the whole saga with me and I found out that although she was careful about what she said she was aware of some issues with the trucks shaking/vibrating.

She ask for the address and was very curious about this website. Probably gonna reccomend gm gets it shut down ........

She told be that the first step was to send an email to the dealer outlineing what I had told them and getting their side of the story.

I told her that after they got all the money for useless repairs from GM. they went from "still doing the same thing" to " theirs nothing else we can do we have ones on the lot that vibrate worse than yours". "To that is the way it is designed". "It is a 4wd and they all ride like that". They offered to let me drive a red one similar to mine so I could see that it shakes/vibrates worse than mine. I politely told him I did not care what the other one did, just the one I paid for!

I told her I was preparing to Start legal proceedings and Contacted them AGAIN (second case #) to see if there was a better way to settle this without putting the lemon on the title. I told that my case met the criteria that I have tried the dealer tried (not to hard) and the value of the truck was decreased and I really think it is unsafe in the rain. She said the dealer would have 24 maybe 48 hours to respond. I would like to be a fly on the wall for that one.....What can they say? GM. does not give them any tech bulitens or help with this and there not gonna give them carte blanche to swap parts till it gets better.

The only maybe they were aware of was the prop shaft with a "new replacement" part number. That was a waste of time. I thought it was interesting that she new about my previous purchases. The one before this was a 2013 camaro. She said that I was a valued customer........and she was sorry I was having trouble. I laughed like hell and told her that was off the ladys cue card on the forum! I actually read to her the guys post saying where is she with her soory bout that story today?

I told there are over 212 posts about this and she said she was gonna look at that. Rosanna Danna said "it,s always somthing".

I only have 5200 miles on this thing in 10 months and don,t even want to drive the dam thing.

Still shaking in NC.

Hello again "fellow GM. enthusist" Yes that is sarcasm....

Yesterday maybe 30 minutes after my 1st post on this forum a lady called from GM. She went over the whole saga with me and I found out that although she was careful about what she said she was aware of some issues with the trucks shaking/vibrating.

She ask for the address and was very curious about this website. Probably gonna reccomend gm gets it shut down ........

She told be that the first step was to send an email to the dealer outlineing what I had told them and getting their side of the story.

I told her that after they got all the money for useless repairs from GM. they went from "still doing the same thing" to " theirs nothing else we can do we have ones on the lot that vibrate worse than yours". "To that is the way it is designed". "It is a 4wd and they all ride like that". They offered to let me drive a red one similar to mine so I could see that it shakes/vibrates worse than mine. I politely told him I did not care what the other one did, just the one I paid for!

I told her I was preparing to Start legal proceedings and Contacted them AGAIN (second case #) to see if there was a better way to settle this without putting the lemon on the title. I told that my case met the criteria that I have tried the dealer tried (not to hard) and the value of the truck was decreased and I really think it is unsafe in the rain. She said the dealer would have 24 maybe 48 hours to respond. I would like to be a fly on the wall for that one.....What can they say? GM. does not give them any tech bulitens or help with this and there not gonna give them carte blanche to swap parts till it gets better.

The only maybe they were aware of was the prop shaft with a "new replacement" part number. That was a waste of time. I thought it was interesting that she new about my previous purchases. The one before this was a 2013 camaro. She said that I was a valued customer........and she was sorry I was having trouble. I laughed like hell and told her that was off the ladys cue card on the forum! I actually read to her the guys post saying where is she with her soory bout that story today?

I told there are over 212 posts about this and she said she was gonna look at that. Rosanna Danna said "it,s always somthing".

I only have 5200 miles on this thing in 10 months and don,t even want to drive the dam thing.

Still shaking in NC.

I am taking my 2014 GMC Sierra DC SLT back to the dealer next week. This will be my 3rd trip, with just over 2000 miles. Last 2 trips included, RF balancing and wheel/tire replacement all the way around. The service adviser told me today that GM is sending them a "Vibration Analysis Tool" to help pinpoint the location of the vibrations. Based on all the previous posts, I am doubtful this will locate the issue(s), but at least they arent giving up looking yet.

oh no theres definetly someone there reading them. I got a call from her executive office about 2 days after I sent the email and someone was assigned to my case

What came out of it?

A shake is intermittent. A vibration has a certain frequency and amplitude.

And why does a shake have to be intermittent, who told you this and why do you find the need to run around to all the threads related to the shake/vibration problem and say this.

A shake is intermittent, really, that's the criteria to be considered a shake? So it's not possible to have a continuous shake? So if I pick something up and start shaking it and never stop, it becomes something other than a shake? Wow......

I find some slight vibes in the steering wheel, it seems like road feedback. I don't know.

I had a 2007 Wrangler before that vibed so bad I had to get rid of it. This truck is not that bad but it seems like something is slightly out.

How bad is the vibration we are experiencing? I saw some videos but could not tell from water bottles in the cup holders.

Has anyone had an alignment double checked on these trucks?

I also am suspect of the AFM. My problem is driving rural roads, AFM kicks in, I actually have a vibration if I soft pedal to maintain speed. It will vibrate up until I but it down to kick it back to V6. Anyone experience or know of this problem? I plan on having this reviewed first oil change.

My build date is January 2014

I have been driving mine around in M4 (not M5) and man what a difference, no vibration, I am trying everything to feel the vibration but theres nothing. I keep it in M4 at 60MPH and below, RPMs are around 2200 so shitty gas mileage but the truck feels great. Man if this thing drove like this all the time I would have nothing to complain about. No delayed throttle response, no miss shifts (goofy shifting) and no vibration in my feet.

I think the transmission is definetly the problem with my truck.

No, stay out of drive. Start out with gear selector in M4

Edit: the tranny will shift thru gears 1-4 only. if you get above 60MPH you should probably up shift to M5 or M6.

Edit: on my way home tonight I still felt alittle vibration until the truck got to operating temp and then it went away. 60 mph may be a bit high for M4 so now I will try to stay at or below 55 mph.

It's back, this didn't last very long, last night on my way home I got my full blown vibration back in my floorboards and accelerator pedal. Oh well, it seemed to work for a few days anyway. I am tired of this crap, I hope when I get my 2015 it doesn't develope any shakes or vibrations. It's very freak'n annoying........